Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Walmart's Price Matching is Total BS...

I've price matched twice in recent months with Wal-Mart.ca. I fail to see why they wouldn't, it makes no fucking sense they wouldn't match THEIR OWN GOD DAMN ONLINE STORE!

Especially if they're trying to get us to use the stupid buy online pick up in store feature more and more these days to get people to come in and pick up their items, see something else they wanted while there and give them MORE FUCKING MONEY!

I'm telling you, losing most of the competition in our country for Wal-Mart is the worst possible thing. One of these days we'll be paying 40$ for a fucking Micromaster and having no other option because everybody else closed shop.

Fuck price matching at Wal-Mart, support your local TRU stores and keep the toy competition alive so we don't get shafted if TRU.CA inevitable closes shop like the rest of their brand across the globe.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #22
Janitor
Classic

Semi-related: when's the last time Walmart had an actual (advertised) sale on TFs? Not talking about end-of-the-line clearances either.

IIRC there were random moments when PTOP deluxes and voyagers had 25% or something like that. But they don't seem to care about regularly competing (with TRU) anymore.
And to chime in on WM's been rejecting the % off: yeah it's been like that forever. Learned my lesson during the 'Hunt for the Decepticons' era lol

Last edited by Janitor; 05-02-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #23
joelones
Beast Machine

Like already mentioned, it's a competition problem or lack thereof. Walmart has no incentive to lower prices. Top execs much be satisfied with current profit margins for toys. Not sure if anyone noticed, but Canada is the land of monopolies (not only in retail), a sad but true state of affairs...
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #24
riderman
Beast Machine

From my Walmart experience I can say that they use to price match everything when they started this Matching thing to pull in customers. But as Amazon came into play they matched that too until regular people like us started selling stuff like Transformers and other toys online at ridiculously lower prices they started refusing Amazon all together saying they will not price match Amazon.ca. One thing to note is that depending on who is serving you at the till does play a factor in getting the price match or not. Sometimes and most times they will call in a CSM Manager and you'll have to wait and wait and wait for more than half an hour or more just to get a deal or not. Sometimes the manager is nice and rings you through and other times they refuse. Most times they let you get the deal but just one not two or more. Self serving lanes are good most of the time but you sometimes get a very dis-gruntal employee that wants you to move quickly because lots of people are behind you and your holding up the line. Well good luck and happy price matching.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #25
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Semi-related: when's the last time Walmart had an actual (advertised) sale on TFs? Not talking about end-of-the-line clearances either.

IIRC there were random moments when PTOP deluxes and voyagers had 25% or something like that. But they don't seem to care about regularly competing (with TRU) anymore.
And to chime in on WM's been rejecting the % off: yeah it's been like that forever. Learned my lesson during the 'Hunt for the Decepticons' era lol
Yeah Walmart never price matched based on percentages, its written clearly in their policy so I dont know why the original user would call it BS.

Anyways, Walmart does not do much sales on Transformers. I thought the last time they did was for Age of Extinction. Might have missed that POTP one then. They don't do much sales anyways in general, it's not part of their brand mentality. They would rather have lower prices in general than competitors. And the less competitors there are the less their prices are lower.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #26
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post

They had a TF Cyberverse sale a few weeks ago, priced at $14.47 in their flyer. That was their first flyer ad in a long time... probably going back into 2018.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #27
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Yeah Walmart never price matched based on percentages, its written clearly in their policy so I dont know why the original user would call it BS.

Anyways, Walmart does not do much sales on Transformers. I thought the last time they did was for Age of Extinction. Might have missed that POTP one then. They don't do much sales anyways in general, it's not part of their brand mentality. They would rather have lower prices in general than competitors. And the less competitors there are the less their prices are lower.
The reason why I called it bs was that I used to be able to use any sale and get it price matched at Walmart. Also, as others have posted, they were able to get Walmart to price match with TRU's current sale. The ad has prices on it as well, so what's the issue then (the policy is dumb because they'll lose sale if the customer refuses to buy it).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #28
MonstaBot
Sword of Fury=:p

Hiya! I got lucky again this afternoon at the Square One Walmart. I snagged Siege Chromia and Ironhide for the reduced price as well as 2 Fortnite 7 inch figures also for reduced prices. Ironically the Toys R Us flyer showed the reduced price for the Fortnite figures, but the CSM actually tried to deny it, but conceded when I highlighted the actual price on the flyer so she price matched. For Siege Chromia and Ironhide I just showed the Toys R Us online prices on my phone and no problem.
Go figure

Last edited by MonstaBot; 05-02-2019 at 10:32 PM.
MonstaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #29
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaBot View Post
Hiya! I got lucky again this afternoon at the Square One Walmart. I snagged Siege Chromia and Ironhide for the reduced price as well as 2 Fortnite 7 inch figures also for reduced prices. Ironically the Toys R Us flyer showed the reduced price for the Fortnite figures, but the CSM actually tried to deny it, but conceded when I highlighted the actual price on the flyer so she price matched. For Siege Chromia and Ironhide I just showed the Toys R Us online prices on my phone and no problem. Go figure
Awesome, like I've told others, it does work depending on which store and who you're dealing with at the moment. Sales over today, so I can't try a different store, dang.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #30
MonstaBot
Sword of Fury=:p

Yezum dats right! I've worked part time in Walmart and like most retail there is a certain amount of leeway that managers can exercise. However, there is no guarantee among all the stores for making these kind of exceptions. It is always different from store to store and even among the managers within the stores. The smoothest transaction I had earlier this week was when I attempted to price match with the Toys R Us online site from my phone. I knew it might be an issue so I sought out a cashier who seemed open and agreeable and less likely to dispute it... As in a young summer student and it worked... Also I still have my Walmart associate card and made sure it was visible when I held up my phone and flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Awesome, like I've told others, it does work depending on which store and who you're dealing with at the moment. Sales over today, so I can't try a different store, dang.

Last edited by MonstaBot; 05-02-2019 at 10:40 PM.
MonstaBot is offline   Reply With Quote