Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Case of the Missing Snarl

After all these years, I only just noticed last night when watching the '86 movie with my 8 year old that Snarl just vanished in the beginning of the movie.

And I'm sure I saw him towards the end for a second or two. But, he's missing through the entire movie pretty much. It's just the four Dinobots.

Read a few theories about it, but there doesn't seem to be any real answer. Unless he just got lost in the shuffle.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy
Re: Case of the Missing Snarl

If you have the 20th Anniversary edition DVD of the '86 movie, watch it with the fan commentary on. The British gentleman whose name I forget that ran/runs TFW2005 points out when Snarl appears. I think it's 3 times if memory serves.
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Cool, I do have the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD.. I will have to check out the commentary then.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

there has never been any official explanation for his absence.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Protoman
The Legend

He made that quick appearance when Blaster was getting the radio from Spike/Bumblebee being attacked by Unicron, then disappeared from the movie but in an odd twist, was on the same corkscrew shuttle that Hot Rod used to land on Junkion. Wacky, how he got there is beyond me.

IDW years later would make a comic book adaptation in 2006 (Not to be confused with the Marvel one in 1986) which was created to celebrate the 20th aniversary of the original TF:TM, it was also a chance to fix any errors Toei originally did. Officially debuted "Transformers The Animated Movie"

As a result Snarl was along the Dinobots who jumped out of Prime's Shuttle to engage Devastator at Autobot City.

He was with the Dinobots who were loaded into Hot Rod/Kup's escape shuttle from Autobot City.

He was with the Dinobots when they crashed and later found Wheelie on Quintessa.

He was with the Dinobots when they later crashed the judgement of Hot Rod/Kup and wrecked the Sharkticons.

He was shown in the famous "Me Grimlock Kick Butt" scene. What is great about this is that originally each Dinobot had his own method. Grimlock used his feet to rip apart Unicron's ass, Sludge used his tail, Slag used his flame breath, Swoop used his missiles and Snarl himself is seen using his tail laser attack.

Lastly he was seen at Rodimus Prime' victory speech along with the other Dinobots for the "Till all are one!"

He was oddly absent (maybe it was a joke) from both scenes where he DID appear in the actual Animated movie itself (the Blaster signal and the Corkscrew ship). Again wacky.

So if you missed Snarl from the movie, it was all fixed with the comic.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 05-22-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

^^ great info, thanks Protoman!

I'm going to scan the original comic movie adaptation (the Marvel '86) to see how they handled the dinobots...can't recall what they did with Snarl in the that version...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
^^ great info, thanks Protoman!

I'm going to scan the original comic movie adaptation (the Marvel '86) to see how they handled the dinobots...can't recall what they did with Snarl in the that version...
The Marvel 1986 version was based on the secondary final script of the movie and thus a lot of little things were changed. A lot of the Dinobot scenes were missing or short and Snarl was in none of it.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote