Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
New Transformers: Dark Of The Moon IMAX 3D Poster

New Transformers: Dark Of The Moon IMAX 3D Poster

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM - Transformers
Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!
Re: New Transformers: Dark Of The Moon IMAX 3D Poster

Hmm. I saw my first 3D Imax movie at Science North in Sudbury a few months ago, so now I am really intrigued by this. I need to find an Imax theatre close to home. Does anyone have any information on theatres and listings?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

I am having a hard time finding listings for DOTM in IMAX. All I see are Cars 2 and HP. Anyone have any links to where I can find showtimes? Thanks!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

It has something to do with Paramount. Usually IMAX screenS booking are done way more in advance than regular theatre screens booking. Disney and Warner are the 2 major studios that almost always book out IMAX - in this case, Pirates 4, Cars 2, and HP 7.2. All of Paramount’s summer blockbusters so far like Thor, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Super 8 were not shown at IMAX. Looks like DOTM and Captain America will not be in IMAX too.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

Man, that stinks! After seeing IMAX 3D, reality pales in comparison let alone standard 3D! Oh well, thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
It has something to do with Paramount. Usually IMAX screenS booking are done way more in advance than regular theatre screens booking. Disney and Warner are the 2 major studios that almost always book out IMAX - in this case, Pirates 4, Cars 2, and HP 7.2. All of Paramount’s summer blockbusters so far like Thor, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Super 8 were not shown at IMAX. Looks like DOTM and Captain America will not be in IMAX too.
I agree that movies screens are booked for film releases by sutdios way in advance but I have to point out that IMAX screens are different (I was the Projectionist Manager of the IMAX Booth at 2 Famous Players multiplexes here in BC for 5 years). Around 2003 the only way Hollywood films could be shown in IMAX as through a process called DMR where the 35MM film stock was digitally scanned and reprinted on IMAX 15/70. So Episode II and The Matrix ReLoaded were among the first Hollywood movies to open on larger format screens. The 2 movies ran for a long time on our screens as there was nothing else to show (other than your typical documentary fare).

Nowadays scenes can be shot in IMAX 3D during production which means the lengthy transfer process has been eliminated and there are more movies to be shown in IMAX. Therefore with more selection you'll likey see a movies like Cars 2 open on several screens including IMAX, then a week later taken off the IMAX screen to make way for a movie like TF3.

With that said the Cineplex website currently show Cars 2 showing on the two IMAX screens in our area until June 30th.

Lets hope they bump McQueen and Mater off the IMAX 3D screen the weekend of the 2nd in favour of Optimus and Sentinel...although you'd think an IMAX 3D opening on the film's release date on the 29th would make more sense.

Oh well, we can only hope...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

This just occured to me. Prime must be fan or Iron Man
Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
I am having a hard time finding listings for DOTM in IMAX. All I see are Cars 2 and HP. Anyone have any links to where I can find showtimes? Thanks!
http://www.cineplex.com/Movies/Movie...perience-.aspx
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I agree that movies screens are booked for film releases by sutdios way in advance but I have to point out that IMAX screens are different (I was the Projectionist Manager of the IMAX Booth at 2 Famous Players multiplexes here in BC for 5 years). Around 2003 the only way Hollywood films could be shown in IMAX as through a process called DMR where the 35MM film stock was digitally scanned and reprinted on IMAX 15/70. So Episode II and The Matrix ReLoaded were among the first Hollywood movies to open on larger format screens. The 2 movies ran for a long time on our screens as there was nothing else to show (other than your typical documentary fare).

Nowadays scenes can be shot in IMAX 3D during production which means the lengthy transfer process has been eliminated and there are more movies to be shown in IMAX. Therefore with more selection you'll likey see a movies like Cars 2 open on several screens including IMAX, then a week later taken off the IMAX screen to make way for a movie like TF3.

With that said the Cineplex website currently show Cars 2 showing on the two IMAX screens in our area until June 30th.

Lets hope they bump McQueen and Mater off the IMAX 3D screen the weekend of the 2nd in favour of Optimus and Sentinel...although you'd think an IMAX 3D opening on the film's release date on the 29th would make more sense.

Oh well, we can only hope...
Nice to know a fellow cinephile here.

I think we suffer a bit here in Van since CN IMAX at Canada Place closed down. CN IMAX was the real thing, not the scaled down IMAX at Riverport made for Hollywood flicks. I remember watching The Dark Knight and Star Trek at CN IMAX and my eyes almost popped out!

Looks like other cities will show DOTM in IMAX 3D. I have not seen a movie at the new UltraAVX, have you?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

that poster makes prime look like a maniacal killer, one robot no Decepticon would want to mess with. Even if a said decepticon asked to join the autobot's side during battle Prime would still cut off there head. G1 Prime never flat out just killed a decepticon.

G1 Prime "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

Movie Prime "Freedom is the right of all sentient being cept decepticons"
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote