Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #31
Arthe
Mini-Con
Re: NETFLIX War for Cybertron: SIEGE discussion WITH SPOILERS

I also just realized that none of the battlemasters were in the show. Weird considering they were a pretty central gimmick in the toyline
Arthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #32
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
- Everybody sounds the same, speaking with the same... slow... dramatic... speech... pattern. Feels like there's not enough content for 23 minutes (but still tons more than the last trilogy!) so they run down the clock that way.

- Every scene takes place in huge rooms or large corridors simply to get walks and talks out of the characters. The Autobots have no resources yet managed to build a cavernous space ship.

- They've been struggling to get energon for so long and they only needed two handfuls? Arcee had three energon canisters in her arms that looked like it took up more space. And it super charged the Ark and killed everybody immediately with all its lasers.

Some of the things I didn't like but realize it's the reality of a small TV budget:

- All the generic crowds were made up from recolored secondary characters. Why do we care about red Sideswipe when blue Sideswipe is just some background guy? Some of the same animations in the crowds were used right next to each other. And so many Refraktors.

Some of the plot stuff that bothered me:

- I don't know how Optimus Prime got to be leader when he makes clearly bad decisions.

- Ultra Magnus, Autobot military commander (?), ditches them for two episodes and nobody notices?

- Why does UM wear a cloak when his shoulder stacks that clearly identify him are uncovered? Never mind his uncommonly massive body for an Autobot.

- Why wear a cloak at all? What was the reason for it?

- Jetfire switching sides when he noticed Megatron was a bad person. The war's been going on for how long and he didn't notice?

- The Alpha Trion protocol was all for nothing? Fine, they found the Allspark.
This. Especially the Jetfire thing. Like, you were all on board with Megatron and his actions until the last 5 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
God the voice cast is a bunch of nobodies. ZzzZzzzzzzz
That's what you get when you're too cheap to pay union rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon Army View Post
- Not enough variety in the voice cast. Most of the Autobots sound exactly the same.

- So, you have dozens of generics in your forces who won’t be missed, but decide to kill Skywarp?
Yeah, I really disliked the voice acting. There were a few who were good, but way too many "tough guy voices". It affects the pacing. You can't have a casual conversation in "tough guy voice". You just end up sounding like Beetlejuice! So everyone....talks....like....this.
And it was totally inappropriate for certain characters too, like Jetfire. G1 Jetfire has NEVER been a "tough guy", so hearing him speak like that really took me out of it.
And I agree about Skywarp. That pissed me off! If you really had to kill off one of "the toys", you had 5 other nobody Seeker toys you could have killed off, not to mention the scores of other generic Seekers that swarm the skies of Cybertron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Agree with everyone's comments about these first 6 episodes.

Was happy to see a new series partnered with Netflix, but disappointed that they didn't seem to get the big dollars necessary to do more.

I thought Transformers was going to get the same treatment as the Voltron Netflix series. In my opinion that was done incredibly well and they got 78 episodes out of that brand.

Transformers is a much more popular brand than Voltron and Netflix has invested & continues to invest gagillions of dollars into content so perhaps Hasbro could have lobbied for more money.
Yes. I too was hoping we'd be getting more of the Voltron treatment. 6 episodes just isn't enough time to really tell any kind of story.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 PM   #33
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Love it so far. Definitely got War For Cybertron/ Fall of Cybertron vibes from it. During the ending, I couldn't help but get nostalgia of the beginning of Beast Wars (where they're about to crash land on earth). I hope it does really well and that Chapters 2 an 3 are even better.

Prime's voice was great (even though it wasn't Cullen). I also really liked Megatron's voice actor. Elita's voice actor was the most annoying (sounded like she was over-acting in every scene).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-12-2020 at 09:53 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 PM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
This. Especially the Jetfire thing. Like, you were all on board with Megatron and his actions until the last 5 days?

That's what you get when you're too cheap to pay union rates.

Yeah, I really disliked the voice acting. There were a few who were good, but way too many "tough guy voices". It affects the pacing. You can't have a casual conversation in "tough guy voice". You just end up sounding like Beetlejuice! So everyone....talks....like....this.
And it was totally inappropriate for certain characters too, like Jetfire. G1 Jetfire has NEVER been a "tough guy", so hearing him speak like that really took me out of it.
And I agree about Skywarp. That pissed me off! If you really had to kill off one of "the toys", you had 5 other nobody Seeker toys you could have killed off, not to mention the scores of other generic Seekers that swarm the skies of Cybertron.

Yes. I too was hoping we'd be getting more of the Voltron treatment. 6 episodes just isn't enough time to really tell any kind of story.
Great point. She-ra and voltron, YMMV, those reboots are full-on, with great voice acting and proper seasons.

But those weren't there to sell toys. It's clear siege exists to sell toys and has no artistic soul. Whether it was Hasbro, Netflix, or both who were unwilling to pony up for something beyond some video game cg...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:12 AM   #35
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Not impressed, mostly scratching my head at the way things worked out.

Rooster Teeth can't even manage RWBY, and they're tasked with animating Transformers? Even after knowing they're only doing the animation the plot and action echoes the wasted potential of that particular IP of theirs...

Random thoughts:
Why is Bumblebee a dickbag? Why is everyone such a dickbag? Jetfire fails to channel BW Dinobot. I miss Jeffrey Combs' Ratchet from TFP. Everything tries to be G1 but can't because money and other reasons. I was expecting Zombie Jetfire to appear next to Zombie Ironhide/Sideswipe and for no one to say anything about it too. I hate Megatron's pouty lips and meaningless waffling that lasts all of 5 seconds before he does a war crime or something. 6 episodes is too short to be meaningful, especially when they choose to tell us about things and not actually show them. 12 more episodes for the last 2 thirds of this trilogy means they won't be bothering to double back either.

I really should have bought Fall of Cybertron before Steam delisted it forever.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 AM   #36
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
But those weren't there to sell toys. It's clear siege exists to sell toys and has no artistic soul. Whether it was Hasbro, Netflix, or both who were unwilling to pony up for something beyond some video game cg...
I would agree if the toy line it's advertising hadn't already been over for months now. If you saw this and suddenly want to get Siege Optimus or Megatron, or any of them really, good luck finding them at regular retail!
Old 08-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #37
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I would agree if the toy line it's advertising hadn't already been over for months now. If you saw this and suddenly want to get Siege Optimus or Megatron, or any of them really, good luck finding them at regular retail!
Hahahahahahahah god you're right.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote