Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 09-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #71
Pascal
Banned
Re: Generations Leader Jetfire - Baltmatrix

Je sais pas, j'ai publié des tonnes de reviews depuis 2007 sur plusieurs sites et je n'ai pas vu beaucoup de personnes me contredire diamétralement sur la qualité ou les aspects techniques des bébelles que j'évaluais. Fais le clown autant que tu veux le grand, mais c'est ça qui est ça.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #72
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Je sais pas, j'ai publié des tonnes de reviews depuis 2007 sur plusieurs sites et je n'ai pas vu beaucoup de personnes me contredire diamétralement sur la qualité ou les aspects techniques des bébelles que j'évaluais. Fais le clown autant que tu veux le grand, mais c'est ça qui est ça.
Ya... I only understood half of that. But I bet it was nice and angry.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #73
Pascal
Banned

I said I've been reviewing toys since about 2007 and I don't recall too many people having radically opposite views about the quality or technical aspects of the toys I was reviewing and that Buhawi can keep acting like a goof if he wants to, he can't change the fact that my opinion on those aspects is usually in line with what others will think (not necessarily general appreciation, that can vary). Usually, my list of cons is as long as my list of pros, nothing's perfect.

That said, I initially called Kronos' plastic the worst ever or something along those lines after finding out my unit had a broken ankle right out of the box, but then I played with the toy some more and quickly amended my opinion stating the plastic itself was fine, the problems were actually coming from the design, not the materials used per say. Haters would just keep saying it's cheap without actually taking the time to understand where the problems are coming from.

Last edited by Pascal; 09-09-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #74
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I've seen people say CHMS plastic is the same even today or at least similar as retail but this was a general consensus at the time. I found out the hard way how wrong an entire community can be. These are peeps who have been supposedly reviewing and scrutinizing the toys we all love for awhile. Ever since then I trust only my own. No one else. Hahaha I wonder if you were one of them. I'm not afraid to say it either. Even if people call me a troll or in this case a clown or noob. Not here to save anyone either. Just here to give another POV.

I also don't hate Classics Eleanor. I'd be crazy to return or miss out on an official Jetfire.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #75
BoNKerS
Animated

The only people I agree with in this damn thread are the ones who love it for what it is, not complaining and ranting about blah blah blah lol i jokle! i joke!

Plastic is cheap? I don't think so. I just grabbed it by the wing gave it a shake and had no issues as Pascal mentioned.

I also have NO clue why you would remove the chrome. it's glorious!! I by removing the chrome it looks like dollar store weapons now. gaahhhhh!!!

Here are my pics of this thing.. oh it' ssoooo crap... I'm just glad I didnt pay 3rd Party prices for a freaking nice Jetfire.

Transformers Generations Jetfire by FoiBLeSs2K, on Flickr

If you have a DSLR use it?
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #76
CanBot
Cybertron

Man, you guys aren't making this decision any easier for me

I'll probably pull the trigger.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #77
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
The only people I agree with in this damn thread are the ones who love it for what it is, not complaining and ranting about blah blah blah lol i jokle! i joke!

Plastic is cheap? I don't think so. I just grabbed it by the wing gave it a shake and had no issues as Pascal mentioned.

I also have NO clue why you would remove the chrome. it's glorious!! I by removing the chrome it looks like dollar store weapons now. gaahhhhh!!!

Here are my pics of this thing.. oh it' ssoooo crap... I'm just glad I didnt pay 3rd Party prices for a freaking nice Jetfire.

If you have a DSLR use it?
Well, you sure make that chrome look good!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #78
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
CHMS plastic
The KOs?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #79
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Well, you sure make that chrome look good!
LOL cheers bro thanks!

Quote:
The KOs?
ya I think those are the KO's
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #80
imfallenangel
Cybertron

This is just so sad, like one person it freaking out like I've insulted his girlfriend or something... sorry but it's a toy, no amount of whiteknighting is going to give it life so that it'll have sex with you....

seriously.. it's pathetic.. and going in french to be all edgy... salut l'épais, t'es rien qu'un niaiseux.

The plastic is cheap.. it wouldn't easily survived being played by a young child who might be slightly rough with it, nor dropped. The center part that binds the figure in the middle is a very weak point.

Macross jets, considering that I have a few, and most make it a point to not show any undercarriage, but the plastic on some of them is also fairly cheap and more for display than play.

I've been collecting toys for over 35 years and have a fairly serious collection, I just don't go rant about it. I've lurked for years, and never bothered creating an account but was disappointed so badly with this toy that I decided to go ahead and state my opinion about it.

Making reviews believing that you've set a stone-solid assessment means nothing.. I've written a crapload of reviews of many things in my life, and I state my observations, both good and bad.

This toy looks nice, the transformation could have been better, features like the landing gear, hands/feet articulation for a figure of this size should have been better. The plastic feels cheap, is a "dry" and brittle type that with enough pressure it will snap, more easily than those with the better type of plastic. I simply believe that for the price and size, better plastic and more details should have been used.

No amount of your whining and repeating is going to change that...Get over it, I didn't write my opinion to hurt your feelings... shesss....there's no need to be an ass about it.

He's nice enough that people will buy him regardless, but at least, they can be aware of how he is so not to be as disappointed as I was if they were expecting better.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 09-11-2014 at 01:17 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote