Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
STI 2NV
Energon
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 41 - The Third Party Paradigm Shift

lol camshafts
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I'm really looking forward to giving this a listen tomorrow.
Same here.I was going to listen to this yesterday (Mostly the Chris Latta segment) but stuff to do,but don't worry boys,you're still in my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
CyberMnky
Animated

Not that I don't trust your judgement - But I was also under the assumption that the Generations and HFTD lines were merging into the RvS line to make room for TF3.

My biggest beef with the RvS is the whole (rub the rubsign to find out the allegiance of the bots." Or you know, turn the box around and look on the back...
That's why the fronts don't have the faction signs and they have "Special Ops Jazz" as opposed to Autobot Jazz

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
Not that I don't trust your judgement - But I was also under the assumption that the Generations and HFTD lines were merging into the RvS line to make room for TF3.
As far as I can tell Generations wave 5 will be coming out in December, round the same time wave 1 of Reveal the Shield will be popping up and there seems to be more Generations figures in the pipeline after that...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
Supernova
Second star to the right

As someone who doesn't really know much about the people behind the voices, I really appreciated the segment on Chris Latta. Wonderfully done!

As for Reveal the Shield, Hasbro can call it whatever it wants. Anything that gives me the opportunity to get those fantastic figures coming down the line (as well as Battle in Space), is great by me.

(And besides, if it wasn't for the "mystery faction" gimmick, would we have ever got a hilariously awful name in Solar Storm Grappel?)

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
chans formers
raff ow roud

i completely forgot about the binaltech weapons upgrade.
i wanted that set soooooo bad but couldn't get my mitts on it.
i settled for making my own weapons

the first segment about the third party seemed somewhat long,but the sheer amount of info in there was crazy!!

now who's got a f/p cliffjumper set for sale?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

^^^i honestly wanted to hear MORE on third party stuff! i'm KIND of familiar with the FP stuff but was hoping to hear more stuff on other things that may have passed me by...
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #18
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Another solid episode guys! The discussion on the third party stuff was very interesting while the Getting To Know on Latta was actually pretty touching.

I gotta say that I'm not too big on the "What's in a Name" section because I always found the character names for transformers to be pretty self explanatory since they usually are a reference to the characters personality, alt-mode, weaponry, or tech-specs. But you guys really seem to enjoy the topic and your enthusiasm is enough to keep me enjoying the segment.

Always looking forward to my next fix of Canadian Slag, keep 'em coming, guys!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #19
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I think this is one of the best episodes you guys have done. Great job.

The Chris Latta retrospect was awesome. I learned a great deal. The Third Party talk is very relevent and you guys nailed it!

I have a couple ammendments, well one addition and one correction for the "Whats in a Name" segment.

The addition is for Beachcomber. You guys neglected to mention that his alt mode is a Dune Buggy, which by definition is a recreational vehicle designed for use on sand dunes or beaches. I think that likely had a big part in where his name comes from as well as his fiction.

The correction is on Top Spin. Sorry Protoman, your baseball knowledge did not impress Your description of what top spin kinda is was accurate, and I agree that the name was very clever for that Transformer.

Top spin is a term used in sports like tennis and racket ball, which causes the ball to basically curve by hitting it with a slight upward motion whcih puts that forward tumble on the ball.

A baseball knuckleball on the other hand is a pitch that has no spin whatso-ever and basically creates the optical illusion of a floating baseball. When perfectly thrown all the hitter and catcher sees is the un-tumbling seams of the ball.

I had the oppurtunity to catch someone that could throw the occasional knuckleball, and its freaking bizarre

Great job none the less, that was a lot of names to look into and some of the takes on certain names I hadn't considered.

Man, I never knew Chris Latta was on Married with Children.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Listening to the Podcast now.Nice segment on the Third Party guys.I looked into FansProject's stuff recently and though I would love to have those upgrade kits and some new TFs as well,it is the price point that continues to put me off from them entirely (Not to mention that they have to be purchased Online,a concept I'm not down on),but even if it's tangible (Like the TFCon 09 exclusive) the price point still puts me off.Ah well,I'm content with what I got and will get,that's the perks of being a Casual Fan.

Wait,they're making another Roadbuster?Damn.

A Third Party has Quintessons?Where?Who?Tell me!!!

The new Names segment was a bit better than the last one,but it still is vague on some parts.Camshafts....argh!That's a character I'll never use now,thanks Chris and Daniel :P

On Shockwave:A shaking thing...don't you mean a vibration?

Wow,the Chris Latta segment was amazing.Enough said.

I agree with Chris on the many sublines coming out,but I also agree with Daniel on the reason why this is occurring.One of the solutions I have to place certain TFs is looking at the design aesthetics.Does it have a complex,alien-like aesthetic?Put them in the movie line.Do they have a nostalgic aesthetic?Put them in the Classics/Universe/Generations line.I know it's not what it's supposed to be,but I don't really focus on which toy should be put where.

I do like the rubsigns gimmick they put in recently but I think it won't be long until bootleggers find a way to make their knockoffs more authentic.

Nice Episode guys;better than the last one.

One thing;was it odd that I was using my Economics knowledge to understand the Third Party?
No....okay.

P.S. Daniel should rap more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast