Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 34 - Shooting the Slag Again

Demolishor was one of the few figures from Armada that didn't have hindered movement/articulation other then at the shoulders. Only way I could thing of a way to improve that toy is to ball joint those shoulders....but alas...ball joints in Armada figures were not that common.

It's hard to think of a good Classics/Universe toy that would make a good Demolishor...only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Classics Megatron that came in the 2 pack with Optimus Prime.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #22
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Demolishor was one of the few figures from Armada that didn't have hindered movement/articulation other then at the shoulders. Only way I could thing of a way to improve that toy is to ball joint those shoulders....but alas...ball joints in Armada figures were not that common.

It's hard to think of a good Classics/Universe toy that would make a good Demolishor...only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Classics Megatron that came in the 2 pack with Optimus Prime.
what's stopping Hasbro/Takara from remaking the mold like they did with Hot Shot? Or repainting the Cybertron Demolisher with a new paint scheme?
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
what's stopping Hasbro/Takara from remaking the mold like they did with Hot Shot? Or repainting the Cybertron Demolisher with a new paint scheme?
Nothing really....they just gotta do it :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Nothing really....they just gotta do it :P
What they gotta do is release Demolishor's mini-con partner Blackout in matching colours to his Cybertron release!
Anyway, great episode as always guys. And happy birthday to Gizmo!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #25
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Another day,another reason to not...ah Hell,too lazy to listen the Podcast when it came out.

First off,the panels Daniel mentioned will be the most interesting in this con,as for the pairing panel,hmmm...room filled with FanGirls,yet short of a voice actor....hmmm...

I’ve seen the Peter Weller rumour some time ago on IMDb.Usually I don’t believe in these voice actor rumours until confirmation,shortly before the film will be released in theatres.Also,some voice actors do get confirmed for a role in the films,yet people,let alone fan,least expect these confirmation and never place them on IMDb,this is because some of these voice actors are replaced by others.Reagrdless,they were never rumoured at the site.

One recent example is in the case of who would voice The Fallen in ROTF.In IMDb,there were numerous times where either Leonard Nimoy or Frank Welker were rumoured to play The Fallen.Little did people,even fans,know that James Arnold Taylor was initially The Fallen and even recorded lines that were to be in the movie.Shortly before the film was to be released,Michael Bay replaced Taylor with Tony Todd,leaving the voice actor to play the villain in the ROTF video game.Tony Todd wasn’t confirmed at least a month before the first release of ROTF.

So,with the idea of this rumour of Peter Weller voicing Hot Rod/Rodimus,I won’t consider it to be true until weeks before the film is released,and I wouldn’t even consider confirmation at post-production.

I would love to see more cross-generation toys in the future,wishful thinking,I do wish that there would be a couple of Beast homages sometime soon,even if isn’t likely.Still...

Podcast felt a bit short,but other than that,a pretty good Episode...but damn,Gizmo still scares the crap out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #26
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
I would love to see more cross-generation toys in the future,wishful thinking,I do wish that there would be a couple of Beast homages sometime soon,even if isn’t likely.Still...
The problem is it's a very different aesthetic, it's not just changing an art style, you have to have a reason for either really small transformers or really big animals in any continuity you can try to shoehorn this into.

Like, Lockdown can go from animated to Movieverse pretty easily because both heavily feature automobile transformers.

Cheetor? Not so much.

I mean they've found ways for beast characters to be included, be it the terrorcons, the jungle planet, or some techno-organic infection, but all of these represent an outlandish plot element created to enable the existence of such characters on a realm that's not suited for their being.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
The problem is it's a very different aesthetic, it's not just changing an art style, you have to have a reason for either really small transformers or really big animals in any continuity you can try to shoehorn this into.

Like, Lockdown can go from animated to Movieverse pretty easily because both heavily feature automobile transformers.

Cheetor? Not so much.

I mean they've found ways for beast characters to be included, be it the terrorcons, the jungle planet, or some techno-organic infection, but all of these represent an outlandish plot element created to enable the existence of such characters on a realm that's not suited for their being.
you do make a good point man. a Movieverse Cheetpr would either be a horrible mold or a repaint of the Ravage mold (yeah, I said it ).

still, it would be interesting for another set of updates in the Generations line. Generations Rattrap and Air Razor maybe? Or more "Dawn of Future Past" style toys?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #28
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Like I said earlier,wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #29
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Hmmmmm I could see a BM Cheetor homage (maybe even a hint of Transtech) made outta ROTF Sideswipe....

hmmmmm I actually really like the image that popped in my head.....

Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #30
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Like I said earlier,wishful thinking.
*shrugs* A guy can dream can't he?

Quote:
Hmmmmm I could see a BM Cheetor homage (maybe even a hint of Transtech) made outta ROTF Sideswipe....

hmmmmm I actually really like the image that popped in my head.....
...I like the way you think dude. I can see that working well. All Hasbro would need would be a new head sculpt to swap out with Sideswipe and a new paint scheme to slap on.

Tags
canadian slag, podcast