Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #21
Furious Rodimus
Godmaster Component
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 33 - 3 Alt Modes Does Not a Triple Changer Make

Also about Windcharger, as noted above is Pontiac Trans-Am which had what they called a Ram Air upgrade package to force cold air into the engine for more horsepower so I just figured Windcharger was synonymous with Ram Air.
Furious Rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Is G1 Galvatron even a Triplechanger? You barely have to do anything to make the cannon into a gun - and he never used it in the show...maybe in a comic?
In the IDW MTMTE Guidebook the entry for Galvatron lists all three modes. An entry by Cyclonus states: "Galvatron can also transform and shrink into a powerful pistol mode that is usable by most Transformers, although few are worthy enough to do so."

I guess that was their attempt at explaining why he never turned into pistol mode in the animated series, despite the fact there were numerous opportunities.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 06-01-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #23
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Would send us an mp3 of yourself saying "IT'S SUNBOW!" ?
If I could I would. I'm not really trying to be a dick about it, it's just like nails on a chalkboard hearing someone mis-pronounce words.

Quote:
That's cool. Do you know who ended up holding him whilst in laser pistol mode in the UK comics?
The one I can remember off the top of my head was just some random human he was forcing to hold him so he could ambush Cyclonus and Scourge while they were fighting the Wreckers.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
If I could I would. I'm not really trying to be a dick about it, it's just like nails on a chalkboard hearing someone mis-pronounce words.
My bad, slip of the lip. When you know so much all of the top of the head, shit gets mixed.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #25
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
In the IDW MTMTE Guidebook the entry for Galvatron lists all three modes. An entry by Cyclonus states: "Galvatron can also transform and shrink into a powerful pistol mode that is usable by most Transformers, although few are worthy enough to do so."
LOL, that statement is pure gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
The one I can remember off the top of my head was just some random human he was forcing to hold him so he could ambush Cyclonus and Scourge while they were fighting the Wreckers.
Forcing a human to hold him lol - this I MUST see!
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #26
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
For G1 Galvatron, I had always wished that he had a jet mode to go along with this cannon/tank mode.
Good thing Energon Galvatron came along and fixed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Rodimus View Post
Also about Windcharger, as noted above is Pontiac Trans-Am which had what they called a Ram Air upgrade package to force cold air into the engine for more horsepower so I just figured Windcharger was synonymous with Ram Air.
Slipped my mind because I used to think he was a stingray vette in my younger years and didn't even think about how that was wrong when it was brought up now...I shoulda known being a Firebird fan and all....and Daniel being an import traitor loser.... <3 you

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 06-02-2010 at 12:35 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
ah ah ah....different universes, you're connecting animated Perceptor to G1 Shockwave which we know are different universes and characters won't be the exact same as their predecessors. Prime (hehe) example would be Optimus, nothing like his G1 self. That trait may not have been 100% G1 Perceptors style but it did give him an interesting attribute which added to this character even more so.
You're absolutely right! The Animated versions of the characters, while paying homage, are still their own unique takes on the characters. That was partly why I enjoyed Shockwave in that that series - unlike his G1 self he often got desperate and paranoid. The pressure of being a spy in the autobots ranks almost seemed like it was going to make him crack before long.

So is Skylynx a full fledged triple changer? In the toy commercial for him Prime says that he "triple changes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQXPiKZ0hNk

I always figured that Skylynx was in the same category as the duocons and Overlord, two separate vehicles/creatures that combine to form one robot.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).

Last edited by Stapler; 06-02-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #28
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

lol I was just watching those old commercials yesterday and I raised an eye brow at that Sky Lynx one when I heard the "triple changes" part.

if anything he's got 6 modes....
1. Shuttle + platform
2. Individual shuttle
3. Individual platform
4. Shuttle bird mode
5. Platform lynx mode
6. Combined bird + lynx (aka Sky Lynx :P)

.....so I don't know how he fits into the triple changer definition....hell he's in a league of his own!

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #29
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Good thing Energon Galvatron came along and fixed that
YES!!! I love that mold! It would be nice to get a proper arm-cannon built for him someday though - then he'd be perfect.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #30
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Dear God,I have to wait a while to listen to this Episode after the ridiculous events that occurred at Anime North.

After listening to the subject of Triple Changers,all I can think about is that I still have the lack of knowledge towards everything before the Beast Era.I never classify any of the Beast characters as Triple Changers,even if the Transmetals have some sort of 'vehicle mode' equipped with their Beast Modes.

Also,I was curious at first to why the definition of a Triple Changer is entirely based on the fiction.But since you guys covered the other titles such as Targetmasters,Pretenders,and so on,I guess that the fiction itself acts like a divider between what is a 'true' Triple Changer and what isn't.As for the case of Snapdragon and Apeface,I can see them as Triple Changers,but I don't know if I can classify them as such,but I should research on them a bit more to put my official answer in,as well as other things.

The majority of the names in all Transformers fiction are usually associated with the Alt-Mode of the characters the name is chosen to,with the personalities second.I like with what the Topic was heading for,but it sounds a bit lacking,then again,this is covering the G1 robots.I like to recommend that you guys should cover the Japanese names next,that would be interesting.

Oh Chris,the Greek Titan you mentioned is named PromeTHEus.I'm going to echo Shockwave_75 and say it's just like nails on a chalkboard hearing someone mis-pronounce words...in this case,names.

As for Prowl,although he doesn't lurk for enemies directly,he does,in a way,'prowl' for his enemies through various strategies.It's a stretch,but I think it works.Can't say for Sideswipe though,lack of G1 on my part.

Starscream on the other hand is something I wish to figure out.Considering that he's a jet in space,and with the loud engines(Which explains the 'Scream' part)his speed could be associated to the 'Star' part of his name,as in,that he's so fast,they can only see a star,and hear the engines a bit later.Another theory could be his personality.The 'Star' part could be loosely associated with his narcissism or his desires to be the leader of the Decepticons;the centre of attention to all allies and enemies alike.That can also be closely connected to the 'Scream' part of his name,as he always claims that one day he will be the leader of the Decepticons,thus,he is being heard in his whiny voice.That's what I have so far,I'll get back to it when I have more theories.

Oh,as well,I also heard a guy call Starscream 'Starscreamer'...he almost got it right.

Oh my God Ryan,I didn't know you have the FanGirl desires for Paul Eiding...glad to see someone else admitting what they want to do with a desired Voice Actor.

Animated Perceptor's Vehicle Mode has been shown in his premiere Episode,though very briefly.As for the Microscope Mode,well,that hasn't been seen as of yet.

So the G2 cartoon was pretty much a bad re-release of the original G1 series.I understand why people would hate how this whole re-release was treated,but I never seen it,nor would even bother to.As well,with the Cybernet Space Cube acting as a chapter divider...I need to say that I always hated chapter dividers,as they've always been a waste of seconds which could have been for better use...but,we don't want those production costs to go higher,am I right?

I have to deny what Daniel says about G2 representing the 90s.Those neon coloured Transformers never happened.It's all about the animals,the animals!!!Oh,since you spoke of Dire Straits,that video actually has been made by the creators of ReBoot,and was even referenced in the Episode 'Talent Night'.

Oh,you won't send your 6'5'' brother to deal with a 5'3'' girl yelling about Animated,will you Ryan?

Awesome Episode as usual guys.I have to applaud you guys once more on putting Dogbot,Soundtape,and Skyscraper together in this Episode.Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 06-12-2010 at 10:05 PM.
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast