Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 05-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 32 - Are All Brain Dead

One of the saddest moments of the G1 cartoon is that they didn't follow the Marvel series in terms of characters and story.That would have been cool to see,and(In my opinion)more tolerable to see G1.

I have yet to read the entire Marvel G1 series,but I do read some of the UK stuff.Thanks for informing me about the Marvel Dinobots origin,now I totally get Spotlight: Shockwave :P

Considering that you are talking about favourite issues,the Time Wars saga is considerably my favourite.There's nothing better than seeing a dismantled Cyclonus,a headless Scorponok,and a mentally broken down Shockwave.

Since you guys speak of the Marvel G1 stuff,I suggest that in the far far future you should get a Getting To Know the Quintessons

The first thing that came to my mind when I first heard of the Masterpiece line is 'Oh my God!The price!'I still hope to own one someday,but I consider it to be one of the last lines I'll buy.Oooh,Black Optimus,that's what I shall I get...still...I want a Masterpiece Shockwave...but God knows that won't happen.

Oh God,the 9/11 security issues.Such stupidity during those times,and I do recall that the R.i.D. English Episodes also suffered during those times.Things are better now,but I shouldn't get on topic with airport security and cartoon censorship.

Oh wow,hardly any love for Sunstreaker in terms of fiction.That's just sad.Wait,Shattered Glass Sunstreaker is what?!Okay,there is absolutely no love for this guy.

Thanks for the awesome Podcast guys.Now I go off and read the rest of the UK Omnibus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
One of the saddest moments of the G1 cartoon is that they didn't follow the Marvel series in terms of characters and story.That would have been cool to see,and(In my opinion)more tolerable to see G1.
You just want more Shockwave... :P

Quote:
Since you guys speak of the Marvel G1 stuff,I suggest that in the far far future you should get a Getting To Know the Quintessons
Should be easy...hardly any toys (only 1 really official one) and the fiction around them limited as well...

Quote:
The first thing that came to my mind when I first heard of the Masterpiece line is 'Oh my God!The price!
They aren't that expensive...bout $50-60 for the NA releases recently...Optimus was $80-90 when he came out ages ago. But $50-60 is a leader price here anyways May as well go for the gusto

Quote:
Oh God,the 9/11 security issues.Such stupidity during those times,and I do recall that the R.i.D.
RiD suffered cuz it was RiD :P

Quote:
Oh wow,hardly any love for Sunstreaker in terms of fiction.
I just like him because he had a bro...I got a soft spot for the brother transformers since my bro and I grew up with them

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
You just want more Shockwave... :P
The G1 cartoon did not do him justice.That's one of the flaws comparing them and the Marvel Comics.

Quote:
They aren't that expensive...bout $50-60 for the NA releases recently...Optimus was $80-90 when he came out ages ago. But $50-60 is a leader price here anyways May as well go for the gusto
Really?Well the first Masterpiece I ever say was being sold for $120...then again,it was at a Convention.

Quote:
I just like him because he had a bro...I got a soft spot for the brother transformers since my bro and I grew up with them
Awww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
keanu577
11 year old fan.

Quote:
I really sounded like hell this episode....

HAHA you said Scourge instead of Scrounge

Mmmmrrrrmmm nah, I like to space out these since we have so many requests from different members, I don't like doing the same persons requests in a row....he'll be done! Just...in time :P
That's perfectly okay! What's the next getting too know anyways? Or is it a surprise?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Surprise

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
aximili
Machine War

Really good episode! Very informative. I really enjoyed hearing about the stuff that went on in the comics. I really like comic-style story-telling and characterization.

Unfortunately for me I've realized after several attempts to read them that the comic book medium isn't compatible with me. I love the content, but I just can't seem to follow. So it was great to hear about it and where a lot of stuff originated from
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #17
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The Universe 1.0 repaint of Depthcharge in Bobafett colors had his "Manta Ray whiskers/feelers" changed from hard thin plastic to 100% rubber (no doubt due to small breakable parts that might end up in a child's mouth), also the mold for the shark gun was changed, that I don't know why personally.
Thanks man.

I have yet to read the Marvel US comics, but I am currently reading whatever I can get my hands on from the UK. IDW makes that easy.

I remember as a child, reading some of the US comics. But the only memory I have from them is that at some point, for some reason, Optimus was just a head.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
for some reason, Optimus was just a head.
Your refering to issues #5 to #7 of the Shockwave story Arc

The Shockwave Arc which lasted till about issue #19 (when he then worked ALONG with Megatron somewhat).
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Optimus was just a head.
OMG yes...thats the other thing that killed me, half the time he was a head....then he blows himself up...Marvel Optimus sucked. I'm sorry....there was just nothing really...impressive about him

Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #20
Supernova
Second star to the right

For most of my years of being a Transformers fan, the comics were the only source of fiction tying together the ragtag bunch of toys I had (since the cartoon had pretty much come and gone by then).

The main source for the comics was a used book store here in the 'Bay. They had giant bins of unorganized comics near the front of the store, and a couple times a year I'd go there and just rifle through the piles, pulling out any TF comics I could find. I was a long ways from a complete collection, but I always had more than enough to get a general idea of what the storylines were, and that was good enough for me.

Some of my favorite stories were the Scraplets (because they were my introduction to the Triple Changers, which I wanted so badly), and the Man of Iron (the bold print reminding the reader to never accept rides from strangers after the kid gets into Jazz still makes me chuckle for some reason).

I really ought to go and grab them from my parents place and relive a few memories!

Now for something completely different:
For those that haven't left a review on iTunes yet, but don't want to give their credit card to Steve Jobs and Co., this link shows you how to set up an account without giving them payment information

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Hopefully this can lead to you guys getting a few more good words from the listening audience!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast