Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Canadian Slag Episode 32 - Are All Brain Dead

This episode covers an often over looked aspect of Transformers, which is oddly also the first fiction we have for our beloved transforming Cybertronians. Daniel and Mike lead a great discussion on the Marvel Transformer comics, giving some key plot points, as well as a comparison to the G1 cartoon that followed. After discussing some of their favourite issues from the US and UK run the crew go on to talk about the Masterpiece line (both Japan and US releases). Following that, the near invisible Autobot Sunstreaker is covered in our Getting to know topic and finally Duncan joins in for Damn I wish I designed Energon Sharkticon.

Episode 32 - Are All Brain Dead

Host: Daniel w/ Chris, Mike, Duncan
- Transformers Marvel Comic Discussion (for chansformers (sorry it took so long!!))
- Favourite issue (US/UK?)
- Masterpiece Discussion
- Getting to know Sunstreaker (for keanu577)
- Damn I wish I designed that!! Energon Sharkticon

DOWNLOAD NOW!
(Click the link to play in browser or right click and save if you wish to download outside of iTunes)

WE'RE ON ITUNES! (don't forget to rate AND give reviews click the Slag banner in my sig!)

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 32 - Are All Brain Dead

oh god...SCOURGE

with his special fingers, of which there are only two.

great episodes guys! Very informative; I always wondering about the comic continuity
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
keanu577
11 year old fan.

WOOHOO MY REQUEST! Sideswipe is next right?
AWESOME EP!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I really sounded like hell this episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
oh god...SCOURGE
HAHA you said Scourge instead of Scrounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu577 View Post
WOOHOO MY REQUEST! Sideswipe is next right?
AWESOME EP!
Mmmmrrrrmmm nah, I like to space out these since we have so many requests from different members, I don't like doing the same persons requests in a row....he'll be done! Just...in time :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 05-16-2010 at 11:15 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I really sounded like hell this episode....

HAHA you said Scourge instead of Scrounge
...SON OF A >_<

You know what I mean Chris
Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Downloading now. I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say about the Marvel comics. I really need to buy those collected editions of them so I can make up for only ever having three issues as a kid. And they had the seacons. Can't enough seacons!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Nocturn
Previously Dead

This put me to sleep

But seriously, it was pretty good. Nice to see someone sort of step up to take over the standard discussion from Chris and Daniel.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Your mentioning of 9/11 and inspections reminded me: I remember ordering both Takara's re-release of G1 Megatron (as soon as it was available + unmodified) as well as Brave Maximus at pretty much the same time. What was weird was that when Megaton arrived in the mail, he was untouched by customs or whomever is responsible for inspecting packages. Yet when Brave Maximus arrived, he had been opened by customs for inspection.

Now I'm not sure how inspection works...I imagine an x-ray of some sort is done on boxes, perhaps giving a shadow image of it's contents and materials to the person - but however its done, why would a box which clearly contained a giant robot be inspected, while a gun composed of metal parts, shipped in gun mode, would not be inspected? Always thought that was odd.

You people frequently get off topic, which tends to result in some great info and discussion. What if you did an episode that was all off-topic. Just start talking about Transformers and see where it ends? Just an idea.

...which brings me to this: someone mentioned that BW Depthcharge's re-releases/colours had to be modified due to safety standards changing - but I don't think you finished mentioing WHY this was so. I am curious. The only part of Depthcharge I can think of is maybe his tail end/sword...
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Your mentioning of 9/11 and inspections reminded me: I remember ordering both Takara's re-release of G1 Megatron (as soon as it was available + unmodified) as well as Brave Maximus at pretty much the same time. What was weird was that when Megaton arrived in the mail, he was untouched by customs or whomever is responsible for inspecting packages. Yet when Brave Maximus arrived, he had been opened by customs for inspection.

Now I'm not sure how inspection works...I imagine an x-ray of some sort is done on boxes, perhaps giving a shadow image of it's contents and materials to the person - but however its done, why would a box which clearly contained a giant robot be inspected, while a gun composed of metal parts, shipped in gun mode, would not be inspected? Always thought that was odd.

You people frequently get off topic, which tends to result in some great info and discussion. What if you did an episode that was all off-topic. Just start talking about Transformers and see where it ends? Just an idea.

...which brings me to this: someone mentioned that BW Depthcharge's re-releases/colours had to be modified due to safety standards changing - but I don't think you finished mentioing WHY this was so. I am curious. The only part of Depthcharge I can think of is maybe his tail end/sword...
see episode 15: shooting the slag

but yes, I propose "Shooting the Slag...AGAIN!"
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
The Universe 1.0 repaint of Depthcharge in Bobafett colors had his "Manta Ray whiskers/feelers" changed from hard thin plastic to 100% rubber (no doubt due to small breakable parts that might end up in a child's mouth), also the mold for the shark gun was changed, that I don't know why personally.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast