Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 30 - Full Discharge

By using grapefruit juice and rum?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #22
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
By using grapefruit juice and rum?
That doesn't sound all that bad, actually. This was more like "use dishwater"

But we're getting off-topic. You know, other than Perceptor and Swerve, it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of metallurgists in Transformers. That's kind of strange, given how important you'd think it would be to their race.

I mean, SOMEONE'S got to work out the thermodynamics for the smelting pool, right?

Last edited by Aernaroth; 04-18-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Wouldn't the medics need to be part metallurgist? Maybe they don't major in it as much as Swerve and Perceptor but they probably needed it at some point to get into Cybertronian Medical school....or it's equivalent programming that could be instantly installed....doesn't really make sense haaving school when you're a robot....so why was Animated Arcee a teacher?....hmmmmm

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #24
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Wouldn't the medics need to be part metallurgist? Maybe they don't major in it as much as Swerve and Perceptor but they probably needed it at some point to get into Cybertronian Medical school....or it's equivalent programming that could be instantly installed....doesn't really make sense haaving school when you're a robot....so why was Animated Arcee a teacher?....hmmmmm
That's pretty much what I thought, that metallurgy would be included in other fields of cybertronian medicine and research. Its strange though, because there's no real analogy in human medicine, as we're mostly self-assembling.

As for cybertronian learning, thats another aspect that hasn't really been covered. Maybe they can download knowledge, but only to a certain degree, and that's where things like the academy come into play. Or maybe they do need to be educated from day one, like we do.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #25
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
That's pretty much what I thought, that metallurgy would be included in other fields of cybertronian medicine and research. Its strange though, because there's no real analogy in human medicine, as we're mostly self-assembling.

As for cybertronian learning, thats another aspect that hasn't really been covered. Maybe they can download knowledge, but only to a certain degree, and that's where things like the academy come into play. Or maybe they do need to be educated from day one, like we do.
Hmmm,you're giving me quite a concept that should be explored in Transformers fiction.Concepts such as science,politics,and even Cybertronian culture are barely explored throughout the fiction.These are things that I wish to see and wish to know in great detail...perhaps one day someone would write about it.

Anyways,I'm listening to the Podcast right now.

The Shattered Glass story is really hurting my brain right now.I now know that the writing that Fun Pub does is confusing,terrible,and kind of not well thought out...just like FanFiction.I once considered the FunPub Beast Wars/Machines stories(Universe)as canon,but,after reading and researching it...I changed my mind.I bet that I can create better FanFiction that Fun Pub would beg me to put in print.

I know that the Shattered Glass story is mainly a 'mirror-verse',some of what you said makes me think ideas of what should be done aside from playing 'opposite day' with each of the characters.I mean,Bludgeon,a cowboy?Yes,it's opposite to a samurai(I guess)but is he the same exact Bludgeon as in past fiction?Someone,clarify this to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #26
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Well I gave an example in the episode to a human analogue...skin grafts...perhaps stem cells/cell lines...or even possibly xenotransplantation taking organs from one animal (generally a pig) and making them work in humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
I bet that I can create better FanFiction that Fun Pub would beg me to put in print.
I'm sure many can, thing is you just haven't been sucking up the the right people long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
I know that the Shattered Glass story is mainly a 'mirror-verse',some of what you said makes me think ideas of what should be done aside from playing 'opposite day' with each of the characters.I mean,Bludgeon,a cowboy?Yes,it's opposite to a samurai(I guess)but is he the same exact Bludgeon as in past fiction?Someone,clarify this to me.
Ya...not quite sure on the whole cowboy = opposite of samurai but I can get it to a degree...he's not the exact same Bludgeon, they more or less took the KB toys exclusive RiD Bludgeon, kept the colours, shape, face, and all... just changed his personality and now he's "Shattered Glass" Bludgeon instead of RiD Bludgeon...

That's what pisses me off....these were already characters in their own-verse....sure they weren't that fleshed out....but why should they be taken from their world into a world that they weren't meant for? The whole argument of "well they don't have much back story"....well neither does many G1 characters, but you don't see their toys being yanked and "repurposed" into this unimaginative and often illogical universe.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #27
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Talking Re: Canadian Slag Episode 30 - Full Discharge

Gentlemen,
really liked this episode, thanks for all the work you put into it

Enjoyed the chemistry, you guys really played off each other.

As always Aeronath/Mike, I'm impressed with your vocabulary and your well thought out ideas. I never really thought of what else they could do with shattered glass... perhaps instead of being just a mirrorverse, maybe the humans turned on the autobots in favour of the decepticons. Like how in wrestling they all of a sudden embraced "stone cold" who was not the prototypical good guy.

Daniel... not sure which "peeps" your talking to, but I've never heard of "blaze" being referred to in that way!

Chris - you made a list!! That's my boy, a chip off the old block lol... hope you made it to the bathroom in time.

But the star of the show was ryan, soundwaveCA.
Dude, I think that's the most I've EVER heard you speak in all the time I've known you! Like meema with a bad attitude on steroids. Loved it!

Cheers!

PS - can we have a "get to know bumblebee" section lol!! Actually, can we have a section on "how these million friggin movie bumblebee toys are different from one another??

What about the history of TFcon?

What about why GMfan101 became GMfan?
What about why Soundwave.CA became SoundwaveCA

Enquiring minds want to know!
(plus ball joints suck!!)
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
I'm sure many can, thing is you just haven't been sucking up the the right people long enough.
I don't know.From what I've heard about some of these people,I could give them too much praise if I ever handed them my work.

Quote:
Ya...not quite sure on the whole cowboy = opposite of samurai but I can get it to a degree...
I guess.People can loosely associate cowboys as a 'Western' version of samurai,when the entire cowboy look concept is based on the farm culture in Mexico and other parts of Central America.

Quote:
he's not the exact same Bludgeon, they more or less took the KB toys exclusive RiD Bludgeon, kept the colours, shape, face, and all... just changed his personality and now he's "Shattered Glass" Bludgeon instead of RiD Bludgeon...

That's what pisses me off....these were already characters in their own-verse....sure they weren't that fleshed out....but why should they be taken from their world into a world that they weren't meant for? The whole argument of "well they don't have much back story"....well neither does many G1 characters, but you don't see their toys being yanked and "repurposed" into this unimaginative and often illogical universe.
This is where Shattered Glass begins to fail as trying not to be FanFiction.I'm not sure if there was research done beforehand when the initial story began.I know what they're trying to do;becoming original,yet continue the very well known story that went on for 26 years,though,with the diversity that went on for the past two decades,maybe if it were the early 90s,this story could have worked.I'm agreeing with Ryan on this and Fun Pub should end this story and go into something a little more original...too bad TransTech is too short.

Also,you forgot to mention that Garry Chalk and Scott McNeil will be there at the Calgary Expo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

CJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
Chris... hope you made it to the bathroom in time.
I DID! :P

Quote:
But the star of the show was ryan, soundwaveCA.
Dude, I think that's the most I've EVER heard you speak in all the time I've known you! Like meema with a bad attitude on steroids. Loved it!
I'll have to agree with this, Ryan really shined in this one! This episode he really gained momentum and I think he realized as well since he and Team Jetfire have a special topic close to the chest (no pun intended....ok maybe it was) that they want to get off.

Quote:
Can we have a "get to know bumblebee" section lol!! Actually, can we have a section on "how these million friggin movie bumblebee toys are different from one another??
Now I know it's possible to love, and hate someone at the same time :P

I'm sure the "million friggin movie bumblebee's" will come up sooner then you think

....as for getting to know Bumblebee....ya maybe before 2007 that would be a quickie since he disappeared after G2 until Classics but now....oy...it's an episode on its own....that and you know there's more to come with TF3 :P

Quote:
What about the history of TFcon?
Get out of my head! lol I had that planned last year but the closer we got to the show the busier we got so time was definitely an issue...but I plan to cover that this year...if not this year then DEFINITELY for our 10th anniversary year

Quote:
What about why GMfan101 became GMfan?
What about why Soundwave.CA became SoundwaveCA

Enquiring minds want to know!
(plus ball joints suck!!)
Couldn't ask us at lunch last week? lol

Fine...we'll answer that on air :P

....and ball joints rock my world

Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
We were off form? No one said anything! We accept all rational forms of criticism :P
But is "I could use a little less Spongebob in my life" considered rational criticism?

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast