Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Titans Return Ramhorn

So over on the seibertron site, they just posted that Titans Return Ramhorn was spotted at a dollar store chain in Massachusetts for $3.

I just ordered him late last week from a seller on Amazon.com for about $17 - $18 CAD hopefully depending if any duties get hit. Never ordered from Amazon US before. I ordered 4 of them to level out the shipping costs. Gave up him showing up at any stores here in Canada.

Now I feel dumb, when I started buying Transformers 3 years ago, never thought this hobby would be so addictive. For those of you whom have been collecting longer, any chance Ramhorn would show up at any of our off the mainstream retailers?
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
theoneyouknowleast
Classic
Re: Titans Return Ramhorn

Could always end up at Dollarama, Winners or Giant Tiger. Last wave stuff has gone there before.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Mikformer
Machine War

whenever it shows up at those other stores, they are snatched up instantly, so it wouldn't matter either way if they came out here or not. (unless it is one of the overproduced shelfwarmers, then it also stays at winners shelfwarming until a kid destroys the package)
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
KIDCHUCKLE
Machine War

so sad the last sightings that I heard about it was in Ontario. I was hoping a flood would start showing up in the new year. Nothing.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I wish to correct something. First of all, Winners used to have a decent chance of finding some late wave items. I half suspect that there are a lot of people buying the cases through Winners and re-selling them on e-bay these days. Same goes for Giant Tiger.

As soon as collectors and scalpers started using them to find items that were slow or never came in at other retailers, the source instantly dried up.

I have not encountered any Transformers at Winners in any size class aside from the shitty bath toy looking figures since long before Transformers Prime even started. I think the last time Transformers in any size class hit up those retailers was back in the bygone days of Revenge of the Fallen, and Mudflap was STILL everywhere.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone showing up at all. I'd be happy to be wrong though.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Winners did get the RID Grimlock/Bumblebee box set that used to be a Walmart online exclusive. That showed up last December or thereabout. But you're right, you rarely see anything worthwhile at Winners anymore.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #7
Prime Sinister
Animated

Winners had recently Titans Return Blizwing and Octone
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Hard to tell, as it depends on changing distribution channels and which buyers from which companies decide to put in for those kinds of items. I have read that Ramhorn wasnt that easy to find in the US either, so if its overstock they purchase and sell at Winner's here or Marshalls, it might not show up because they will all be sold out stateside. I have seen some decent finds at Winners, but usually if its anything good it doesnt last long...Octone and Blitz were there, but sold out quick it seems. They used to stock the Combiner Combatacons, I picked them up at Amazon too, and was kicking myself...in reality its hard to tell in Canada what we will be able to purchase and not purchase...but dont feel bad if u found them and paid a bit more, in Canada with all the TRU sales and alot of things coming here and priced less in CAD$, we likely pay less for in stock in store retail TFs than most other places. Take a look at the UK's TRU one day and you will be content with what yr paying in the long run.

Happy Hunting!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:09 AM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Ya also found TR Blitzwing & Octone for only $15. Also seen the RID Grimmy & BB 2-pack a few times @ different locations.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:30 AM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Things like this are very unpredictable. Sometimes there will be tons of something around. Other times, it'll be a one-off.

For me, I've learned that patience is key if you're watching your pennies.

BUT, if you want something, really want it, and don't want to miss out, then consider the extra you pay for it as the impatience tax. It ensures peace of mind that you got what you wanted and that you don't have to race around town, wasting gas and time, hunting for it.

Don't feel foolish. Just be glad you got what you wanted.

I got back into collecting in '07, and for the most part, there's only one thing I can remember missing out on because I was too patient. That was Combiner Wars Sky Lynx.

But it was one of those want to have but not absolutely neeeeeed sort of things. Besides, I got the Lio kaiser repaint, so meh.

Any way, over the years, I've come to realize if you're patient, you'll eventually find what you're looking for, and often it's at the most surprising times. For example. I'd been wanting a Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia since she came out. But never saw her in store, and Ebay prices were tempting but a little too much to justify.

After over ten years, I'd given up on getting her, but one day I popped into a local store that sold loose figures, and boom, there she was for the perfect price.

For me, I don't fear missing out on anything anymore, because there's always something new down the road. I may miss out on say Sky Lynx today, but in a couple of years, there may be a new and improved version hitting the shelves.

The longer you collect, IMHO, the better feel you'll get for what you can and can not live without, and you'll get a better feel for what you should jump on right away and what you can wait for.