Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-05-2017, 02:40 AM   #31
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Is scale really important in your collection?

I really like the scale of the Titans jets/starfighters that came out in the last wave. Not only are they in scale with each other, but they are close to 1:72 scale model airplanes where many if not most models are 1:72 scale...so u could make a diorama with some of the Titans jets with everything close to correct scale with each other.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #32
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Scale in bot mode is pretty important to me. The MP scale is the standard I defer to, but I'll mix CHUGs with MPs if they look good together -- for instance, CW Devastator, TR Blaster, TR Sixshot, etc.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #33
Armagear
Scamper

Scale was never a thing for me. If it looks cool I'm getting it! Although, since I'm trying to build a semblance of the Lost Light crew, the need for scale in my eyes have been getting stronger as of late, unfortunately.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:45 AM   #34
zackmak
Robot Master

Scale isn't really important in my collection, as it is fun. I collect all sizes, and I'm more about 'displaying the robots' in a cool layout, which doesn't limit me (as scale would have)

That being said, when I finally do have the chance to display my stored-away figures in a finished room with proper shelving, I already have thoughts of keeping some like-sized figures together (i.e. Legends)...but everything else, it's a crapshoot on what looks best when I lay them out.

I also have ideas of adding WST with my G1 cityformers or Unicron...or CHUG legends with Generations Metroplex. But that's because I want to create a 'scene'.

And lastly, I don't have a big movie figure collection, but in that particular case, I purposely went out of my way to buy figures that scaled well with each other. Whether I make a 'scene' out of them or not, something about them being 'realistic/believable in size' in these live-acton feature films, made me want to keep them to scale.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #35
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
Scale isn't really important in my collection, as it is fun. I collect all sizes, and I'm more about 'displaying the robots' in a cool layout, which doesn't limit me (as scale would have)

That being said, when I finally do have the chance to display my stored-away figures in a finished room with proper shelving, I already have thoughts of keeping some like-sized figures together (i.e. Legends)...but everything else, it's a crapshoot on what looks best when I lay them out.

I also have ideas of adding WST with my G1 cityformers or Unicron...or CHUG legends with Generations Metroplex. But that's because I want to create a 'scene'.

And lastly, I don't have a big movie figure collection, but in that particular case, I purposely went out of my way to buy figures that scaled well with each other. Whether I make a 'scene' out of them or not, something about them being 'realistic/believable in size' in these live-acton feature films, made me want to keep them to scale.
Sounds like that will be a great display, please share photos of it when it happens!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #36
OptimusB38
Optimus B

If the bot is good I’m in, I like having a varied height throughout unless they r giant or really small
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #37
zackmak
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Sounds like that will be a great display, please share photos of it when it happens!
I'm excited to get it started, but it won't be for a while, unfortunately. For now, I just have ideas in my head.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #38
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Yup, scale is important for me for sure. I've skipped out on some very good MP scale figures. Fans Hobby's monsterbots come to mind as a recent example. I love how beefy they are, but have no desire to get MP-scaled figures for a niche sub-group. I often wish something like that would be downsized to voyager scale to expand what is already a deep and diverse CHUG collection.

I've also already replaced a few of the traditional headmasters in the TR line with the WeiJiang oversized ones as they are the proper intended size according to the Sunbow chart.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #39
Shadowcat13
Mini-Con

Hey. I never thought scale was that big a deal. I have MP mixed with Chug and am fine with it. I even have a OS weijiang skullcruncher beside the titan returns headmasters and that's ok. However, I just learned how important it was. I have MPP-10 and thought a mp-36 would be fine, especially if I didn't display them together. Bought MP-36, looked at MP-36 in the box, looked at mpp-10... closed the MP-36 box and sold him. I am now awaiting the OS weijiang megatron. Ridiculous. Apparently, Prime and Megs have to match AND I liked the larger scale. Bizarre.
Shadowcat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #40
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Scale, literally, is the very thing that cohesively connects my enitre collection. I like to showcase similar iconic characters in various scales, mainly MP, G1, and WST for enhanced nostalgia factor.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote