Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #11
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Bad experience returning Transformers at Toys R US

The real question here is, which Masterpiece figure was it?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAk View Post
To the OP: I hope you pi$$ someone off one day over something as meaningless as a $20 toy and they post your picture in a public internet forum.
Wow. Real mature. I do not think this is over the toy itself, you should read the post better, to understand what the OP is really complaining about before inserting your opinion.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Wow. Real mature. I do not think this is over the toy itself, you should read the post better, to understand what the OP is really complaining about before inserting your opinion.
The thing is, even if a TRU employee doesn't want to return an item you bought, you still should not post their pic. Just cause he was a douche doesn't mean you should be. Just find someone else or a different store.
His point was more on the "how childish can you be" with the need to post some random employee's pic on a public forum and trash them..over a toy. Just said it very aggressively
Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #14
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I've had no issues with Toys R Us and returns, but you never know when you get an employee who decides they want to exercise their authority.

You did the right thing by trying again another day with someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAk View Post
To the OP: I hope you pi$$ someone off one day over something as meaningless as a $20 toy and they post your picture in a public internet forum.
He was complaining about a Masterpiece figure, they're worth more than $20. As for the fact he had posted the picture, it has been removed, end of story.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
mAk
Machine War

A Masterpiece figure? Ah, that's a little different...my bad! But still, posting the guy's pic? Really?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

No, he was complaining about the customer service and negative behavior/experience he received during a return. The MP isn't even the main concern here. He was treated poorly by the manager. You can return open product for pete's sake, there was no reason for him not to return the product due to the box condition. I wonder if the MP was Soundwave. Canada got really bad cases. Alot of the boxes themselves were very damaged. -Worked in retail for 5 years-

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #17
skrilla 88
Jackass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tffan57 View Post
This is at the Lansdowne Toys R US store in Richmond. This employee John would not return a masterpiece Transformer because the box was partly wrinkled (which is the way I bought it). He even called the manager over to prove that I can't return it. I went back another time with another employee and was able to return it. Avoid this John employee if you returning your Transformers!!!!!!

PHOTO REMOVED
I've had the exact same issue with a TRU employee. He flat out denied my right to refund citing he couldn't take it back because part of the image on the box was torn due to the plastic bubble shell.I had to go back when he was there and get my money back.

I had an other experience where I was told by the assistant manager: no returns on open Transformers products. Since then, I've been sticking to Walmart for my all Transformer needs.

Last edited by skrilla 88; 01-21-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #18
tffan57
Mini-Con

For all those that think positively about this situation, I'm glad you got something out of it and hopefully avoid the same thing I went through.

For all those who think negatively about the situation, maybe you should try going through the same scenario. Get rejected, waste time and gas going back again. This return should of took 5 mins; not 45 mins and 2 trips.

And for the most part, most TRU employees are good and decent on returns. Just some individuals are more nasty.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Yup, you had a frustrating day. Welcome to life.

Thread closed.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Closed Thread