Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #21
supafly
Generation 1
Re: MP Exhaust

annnnd this was the original that never made it out to stores. Notice the green logos on the hood aren't square, and the obvious red hood job which is V shaped.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #22
elburrito
Animated

Actually, a few of those did make it out of Japan. I have buddies who have them although I did not get one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post
annnnd this was the original that never made it out to stores. Notice the green logos on the hood aren't square, and the obvious red hood job which is V shaped.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #23
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Ok I'm confused now. How many variants are there? Had no idea the red paint on the hood was squared off. Does anyone have a pic of the Japanese version in alt mode?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #24
supafly
Generation 1

The only version that would piss me off is the Tf source one where someone did a paint job over the factory job. It's like buying a toilet that someone already took a dump in. If I pay good money, I want to crissen my porcelain throne myself!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #25
MULTIPLEX

How do you know that was done by TFS? Maybe it was done at the factory on their request. Was the tape cut or the box double taped. This is pretty interesting. I like variants.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #26
supafly
Generation 1

there's a big thread on tfw2005 and pics of a note sent by tfsource that they had a professional do a custom paint job so that they could send out their stock. The note says that customers can send back the item if they don't like it. It's causing quite a poop storm.

So, the v1 had the V shape on the hood, you can tell in bot mode that the red goes on the feet a little. That's the super rare version. You got v2 which is still a V but kind of square. The feet dont have any red. That's the main one that is out there. V3 is tfsource only and is totally squared on the hood and it's painted over the factory paint. Oh my! The history is more than meets the eye!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #27
MULTIPLEX

Wow, that's ballsy to send out a modified figure. I'd be returning it. Thanks for the explanation, supafly.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #28
Grimtron
Generation 2

I still don't understand how exhaust breaks copyright law? It does have the same layout as the Malaboro package, but it looks nothing a like. When I see this image my first thought is that looks like a

cool figure, not that looks like Malaboro package. Pretty sure if the company did not bring it up nobody would had known. Maybe cause I am not smoker, but still these copy right laws are getting

ridiculous. Pretty soon you can't use that colour of red cause its infringes on XYZ company colour or worse, using a word in a sentence can have serious copy right implications.

This is why we can't have nice things
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #29
supafly
Generation 1

I ain't a lawyer but my guess is that it's not just the name per say, it's a clear replica of the car and its branding colors. Perhaps they have a copyright on the car colors\branding, perhaps Takara just doesn't want to upset the car manufacturers in general which would hurt future licenses.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #30
Grimtron
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post
I ain't a lawyer but my guess is that it's not just the name per say, it's a clear replica of the car and its branding colors. Perhaps they have a copyright on the car colors\branding, perhaps Takara just doesn't want to upset the car manufacturers in general which would hurt future licenses.

They have a car! That explains a lot. First I ever heard of it. I can see the issue they have now.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote