Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #111
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: TRU MP Rodimus - Quick Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
What the hell is going on here???...is this a GPS-like issue??? Sure seems like there's some kind of plastic degradation going on
Well, checking out the pictures in this thread makes me wonder if all the Hasbro MP Rodimus units have pins that are not long enough.

If that's the case, then there's stress on the unreinforced bit of the arm. Depending on conditions, arm position, and time, it could just shear off, and it would seem like something that's bound to happen to all of them eventually.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #112
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northof49 View Post
Well I am resurrecting this thread from the dead. I have had my TRU MP Rodimus in robot mode from day one. I have never once transformed it and it has stood proudly in my display cabinet since I bought him over 7 months ago until tonight. I noticed something odd about him and took a closer look only to find that his left arm had dropped off. The shoulder broke all by itself. I'm like WTF! Not to raise alarm bells as we all know that this figure is made with cheap plastic, but be aware that it may break all on it's own with no action required on our part.

Thank goodness I got it on sale. What a hunk of junk.
OMG this is indeed alarming, i too have my Rodimus in display without even Transforming him from the day i bought it for the fear of breaking his fragile plastic and lack of time to fiddle with it....will check mine when i get back
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #113
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

For the time being mine have survived 3 transforms each (2 hasbro & 1 takara) and still display with all limbs in tact. Obviously now I will have to check everyday to see whn I get home one day and have Zombie Rodimus
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #114
k3v1nc0x
Generation 1

The same exact thing happened to mine. He was fine for months... then one day maybe a month ago, his left arm falls off. It seems like in all the reports I've seen it's always the left arm too?

My MP09 v1 that I've had ever since it was released is fine. It didn't even have any of the QC issues others had.
k3v1nc0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #115
Northof49
Generation 2

Well, I sent my Rodimus back to Hasbro for an exchange of equal value. I got the box from them today. The box was huge. At first I thought Unicron, kisk ass, but alas it was not to be. They sent me a bunch of things which I will pass on to my nephews. I can't say I am dissapointed with what they sent me as it was a good gesture on their part and I know that my nephews will love the stuff. Only one thing in the box that interested me and that was the PRID Voyager Optimus Prime, but I already have one. Oh well, the retail value of all the stuff was well beyond what I paid for Rodimus as I got him on sale for 30% off. Still too bad I couldn't have received a new MP Transformer though.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #116
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Well, it finally happened. After months and months of the figure being fine the left arm finally popped off. The joint inside is shattered beyond repair, and even if I could repair the plastic, the metal spring will prevent the glue from bonding the plastic pieces.

Surprisingly, my gf was more upset about it than I was, she had accidentally nudged it when the arm came off. I was actually not surprised as that particular part was notorious for breaking.

Oh well. Crap in a hat.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #117
justprime
Animated

Maybe the fandome could hire a third party to construct a replacemnet joint of better quality as an upgrade repair ? seems that there are quite a number of failures and it might just save a otherwise nice piece, Hasbro should offer a repair/replacement part for all the complaints that it must recieve over this it would be the proper thing to do instead of cheaping out and replacing a piece sent back with other non rodimus pieces Hasbro should owe up to a bad product flaw and offer a correction if they are going to replace it then by all means it should be another hotrod/rodimus perhaps the takara version instead.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #118
TransformersforLife
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Maybe the fandome could hire a third party to construct a replacemnet joint of better quality as an upgrade repair ? seems that there are quite a number of failures and it might just save a otherwise nice piece, Hasbro should offer a repair/replacement part for all the complaints that it must recieve over this it would be the proper thing to do instead of cheaping out and replacing a piece sent back with other non rodimus pieces Hasbro should owe up to a bad product flaw and offer a correction if they are going to replace it then by all means it should be another hotrod/rodimus perhaps the takara version instead.
This is an interesting idea! Would definitely help both Hasbro and 3rd parties. However, if this ever does happen, I would assume Hasbro would simply open up its own part replacement/custom sector.