Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
damian_1349
Machine War
Other interests

Just wondering what other interests everyone has. Be it something you collect, something you study, or something, you wish you could collect. For example, I love swords, the making of, the wielding of, and the history of them...along with wishing i had the money to collect them. So what else are you guy and girls into other than tfs.
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Other interests

ill join in.

i also love swords. i have about 5 of them. mostly japanese only collect originals. i have 1 cheapo but just because i liked it. my most pricy one is an original japanese katana etched etc made from one of the oldest sword crafters still alive in japan. worth about 20k.

Im a scuba diver. at the rescue level so far. going to go all the way to instructor some day. its a very expensive sport. I have all my own gear so that helps make it less but the initial investment hurt.

im a big gundam fan. have loads of those models and love building them. just wish i was better at painting or knew the tricks to making it less time consuming painting them.

im a huge video game nut. have like 200 PS3 games over 120 xbox 360 games. have most of my originals still nes, ps1, ps2, sega genesis, original, dreamcast (still have the box mint etc etc for that)

big movie nut.

use to paintball every other week pretty hardcore but moneys been short lately with this Rob ford prick and cutting hours so that hasn't happened in ages.

i sketch / draw when i have time but thats been a good while.

skydive.

workout

swim.

of course im a big transformers nut but im so happy that i HATE the movie lines so its not so bad being broke right now.

though all these awesome 3rd party stuff is killing me. lol

prob more but thats all i can think of for now

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 11-01-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
chroma23
douchebag

other interests.......errr, women?

anyways....i draw a bit but that was the past

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well aside from the pursuit of cars, money & women, I've gotten pretty well into Yugioh over the years, and I was always playing sports (especially soccer). I like good comedy, I watch wrestling chronically, and I pride myself in not being associated with any specific Faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Janitor
Classic

I "collect" basketball shoes (mostly Air Jordans), but still wear them. Have about 50 pairs in my rotation at the moment. I play too, but not that well. Also watch NCAA/NBA hoops...when there's no lockout ).

Enjoy watching other sports: NFL (Cowboys), NHL (Leafs w00t!), sometimes baseball (Jays).

I use to run a lot, gonna get back into it. Will start marathon training again in January, hope to qualify for Boston this year.

I have a list of "award-winning" movies I intend on watching. More specifically, every Oscar best-picture nominee since I was born (1980), along with the AFI 100. I think I'm at about the halfway mark.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Aside from collecting toys of Transformers, GIJoe, Star Wars, LEGO, Marvel, Indiana Jones and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, I also enjoy collecting/playing Video Games, collecting Walt Disney movies (though not all of them as some of them in recent years have been really hit or miss with me.) and I am an avid writer of Fan Fiction.

I have always loved writing, it is the thing I've enjoyed since I was very young, be it reading or writing. I've had dreams of writing, I mean literal dreams, when I was in grade school I experienced the strangest dream. I dreamt I'd written some story that I read to the class and by the end of it everyone was in tears. (Being that I was in grade school the title was terrible of course, it had something to do with the entire class and an adventure with some sort of silver clothing... I can't even remember specifics anymore, but I remember it for being something that stuck out in my mind because of how moving it must have been to bring the dream class all to tears. Sadly I've never been able to capture that level of writing yet.)

In grade school I used to also be quite fascinated by the animal kingdom, I wanted to go into Paleontology when I was younger, but that dream died a terrible death, probably in part to the bullying and the fact that my science fair project didn't get too many interested parties looking at it back in the day. Really upset me to the point I was crying, because I put a lot of work into it, I used to like school and learning, until all that bullying and teasing made me just stop caring. I coasted through my classes and could care less about getting good grades, because even with good grades it seemed nobody but me even gave a damn about them. (And my parents of course.)

UGH, my childhood is depressing. And you can't really re-capture those interests over a decade later. Perhaps that explains my continued interest in toys, as toys are safe, stable, they rarely ever change too drastically, not like people or the public. Their opinion, if it's ever worth a damn to begin with, is a constantly evolving monstrosity that drives one to feel preassured into being something they are not.

Forgive my ramblings, thinking back on this stuff it can be quite painful. A child of the 80's rarely had much fun when they were constantly being bullied and teased because they were different from everybody else, be it personality or the intellectual abilities. I remember being quite the avid reader at a young age, which contributed no doubt to some of my shunning.

Anyway, those are and were some of my interests.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

Aside from my love of all things Transformers I also collect just about every toy line from the 80's as well as spawn and horror figures (Especially Devilman and Hellraiser). I enjoy collecting and modding Nerf guns, playing Xbox and ps3 etc... but my real fascination lies in scratchbuilding in which I dabble in almost everything! Currently I am in the midst of building a wearable exact replica Kevlar Iron Man MKIII suit and when that is done I am going to build a little something special for the TFCon art contest. My past with Special Effects Make up has lead me to experiment with all manner of mold making which then evolved into building my own portable foundry for metal casting and then into full on prop building with electronics. I am currently in the process of building a 2' square Vacuum Forming table and when that is done there won't be anything I can't reproduce or create from scratch.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i dont do all that much...

i guess i could say i fancy myself a good cook. went to school for it and everything, but havent really DONE much with that since. it is a passion though, and one of these days i'll get off my ass and try a little harder.

big hockey fan too... really upset with myself that i didnt follow the NHL last year and am doing my best to keep up this year. its hard without being able to watch tsn sportscentre every morning though! i think thats the most critical thing in keeping up with everything.

i guess i'm a pretty big video game fan, but oddly enough i barely play anything. its hard to explain but yeah, i've got like 3 ps3 games and play 1 of them. i mean, i subscribe to 4 whole podcasts... two are transformers based, two are video games based. *shrug*

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
Blitzkrieg
Supreme Commander
Blitzkrieg's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Blitzkrieg

I collect action figures from Star Wars and Masters of the Universe as well. I'm also a huge Pro Wrestling Geek, I watch Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. so I'm just your average geek lol!

“Until that day{O}till all are one.”

My Sell & Trade Thread;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...359#post382359

My Wanted List;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...225#post382225

My Feedback Thread;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

#1 Snowmobiling ! Got a new 2012 Freeride 137 Skidoo on the way any freakin day now, and I can't wait to bust some drifts and carve circles in 4 feet of pow ! This has got to be my favourite past time !

#2 I also love motorcycles ! Had a 2004 R1 a couple years ago, what a weapon ! Had it on the racetrack a few times, the Ultimate rush, 180 horsepower and only 378 lbs, going 220 kms an hour with my knee dragging on the pavement and third gear power wheelies over the front straight, ohhh yeah baby !

#3 but certainly not least favourite is bodybuilding because it's a lifestyle for me, not an interest ! Been training for 18 years now, competed 3 times, won the provincial title in 2001 and got a spread in MuscleMag International, mission accomplished
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote