Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-01-2023, 07:16 PM   #261
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: I just transformed...

Legacy Evolution Shrapnel

It does what I expected it to. Surprised the face covers are separate pieces from the beetle jaws (?) though.

His head is so damn stiff to turn since mine was packaged looking off to his right. I had to open up his torso and file down the paint on the mushroom peg and even then I just opted to reseat it in neutral position and just leave it.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:08 AM   #262
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Legacy Evolution Shrapnel

His head is so damn stiff to turn since mine was packaged looking off to his right. I had to open up his torso and file down the paint on the mushroom peg and even then I just opted to reseat it in neutral position and just leave it.
Seems to be a common issue with this fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Evo Shrapnel

Turning his head is a bit of a task - not a lot of room to grip & twist inbetween his big bug horns, and the head itself is pretty smooth, can?t get a great grip; inclination is to grab the helmet?s mohawk crest, but it?s fully painted black, I?d be nervous to put a ton of pressure on it, and careful not to use one?s nails in such a tight space
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:42 PM   #263
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Seems to be a common issue with this fig
I would've hoped someone on the design team carried over notes from the Scourge -> Sweep transition (and the painted wrist mushroom pegs causing thumbs to snap on the former), but apparently not an issue on a head.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 10:31 AM   #264
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

SS86 UltraMagnus, man what a cool fig
Packaged in bot mode, transformed him blind to alt mode, relatively straightforward (I don't have the MP) with some tricks in the arms/stacks, very interesting
I left him out for two days before converting back to bot mode, and noticed ALREADY that a few white parts are yellowing - notably the little moving bits at the tops of his shoulder-stacks, and one of the inside-out cab part(panel)s
Of note, maybe it's because I transformed him blind, but upon converting back, I had a REALLY hard time forcing one arm panel into place, I think it was left arm? inside the "middle blue box", where the full extended arm has like three blue parts? ("top" "middle" and "forearm gauntlet") there's a folding out panel inside each one, but they're asymmetrical-ish so one side went easy, but I swear the other side, upon trying to fold it back, it fought me so damn much that I stressed the piece out HARD getting it back into place - like it was so bad I almost wonder if I didn't get erroneous duplicate parts, and I forced something that shouldn't have been? Anyways that panel hides inside the arm in bot mode, so it's minimal risk to see it again, but damn

Anyways he's great; whether or not he's gonna be your definitive UMags really depends on how much you value your Mags having a white inner bot:
- if you don't care about inner bot? SS86 is for sure the new best, kicks CW/TL's *ss
- if you DO care about inner bot? CW/TL with the PerfectEffect CoreMagnus is still the best (or Kingdom, if you never got the PE)

Last edited by evenstaves; 10-15-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-15-2023, 01:34 PM   #265
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Occurs to me I never covered Evo Skyquake & Dreadwing, which I opened at the same time over a week ago
Transformed Skyquake blind, and ofc didn't get all the eccentricities right (re: cockpit window on the back, poking out & latching the two wing halves together etc)

Pros (only 1? lol):
- that headsculpt is big, 3D & amazing, and interestingly I find Skyquake pulls it off better than DW - plus can look up on his neck ball joint, always a plus for me

Cons:
- elephant in the room, ofc that stupid nosecone torso bananas - looked up the unmodded fix on TFW, and it kind of works (better on SQ than DW)
- the above makes the torso seem too tall, espec when you have to extend it up slightly to accomodate - this makes the arms look too short, compared to big legs
- speaking of legs they're big & bulky, yet somehow you can't do much good posing with them, a shame since they packed with swords
- weapons are weenie-sized compared to the wielders, and properly pegging in the 2-handed-gunwield, extremely limits the posing options (granted this is true of all 2-handers) - the sword is a joke, with their stupid left-handed-only molding; shoulda skipped the blades and not carved that volume out of the guns ("but then how to Evo-Fusion!?" SIGH)

It's a shame because I love the old Euro G1 Skyquake, still got an un-destroyed copy from the old days
Used to say I'd get a Selects G1 euro-deco in a heartbeat, and I suppose I still would, but this mold has problems, man
I want to like it but there's a few too many issues to make it fun to handle
Old 10-15-2023, 09:17 PM   #266
Patate
Generation 2

I also just transformed Skyquake for the 1st time today and on my copy, of one of the legs, one of the 2 joints that once bent over a certain degree, it got stucked. I had to open it and there was a slight plastic stress mark cause I tried with a bit more force that I would like to straighten it, which I stopped applying force quickly once it won't budge. At least I was able to take the pieces apart and put it straight. Not gonna push it all the way anymore...

Got the same bad luck with my copy of Snarl that when I push one of the dino leg all the way to a certain place, it won't come out again.

And it's not an user error since it's the legs so I can compare the other one and it works as intended.

Anyway, Skyquake was kinda fun to transform, but overall, it's pretty meh.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 06:20 PM   #267
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

New Age Omega Supreme

As always I try to do these without instructions, but I got blocked trying to get the shoulder straps opened, so I had to take a quick peek...once I got that figured out, i could do the whole thing without!

Smooth as silk overall and a coupe really delightful steps, for example the wings blew my mind.

A bit more partsforming than the Pangu Toys Omega (DX9 downsize) but my goodness what an amazing figure. The build quality and finish are exceptional.

Definitely high calibre (with the associated high price)
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 09:39 PM   #268
Skorpulator
Armada

G1 Twin Twist: damn thing can't land on its feet.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:15 AM   #269
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

TE-01 Optimus. Took me awhile....
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 09:47 PM   #270
savagephil
Robot in Disguise