Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #41
justinrj
Generation 1
Re: Transformer Platinum Edition Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
What method of shipping did you use? I only ask because it looks like most Toys R Us stores are only getting two YOTH Primes per store meaning he's going to be virtually impossible to land unless you buy online.
Shipped with the USPS without tracking, the cheapest option. Shipping came to $28.29 US.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #42
OP2000
Generation 1
Re: Transformer Platinum Edition Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retai

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrj View Post
Mine shipped from BBTS last Monday, arrived around noon today at my front door. No extra charges.
Man that sucks...mine was shipped on Friday the 31st of January and it still haven't arrived yet...Will cross my finger and hope I get it this week without any extra charge.

P.S. Same shipping method USPS air with no tracking....
OP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #43
namomaz
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP2000 View Post
Man that sucks...mine was shipped on Friday the 31st of January and it still haven't arrived yet...Will cross my finger and hope I get it this week without any extra charge.

P.S. Same shipping method USPS air with no tracking....
There is a tracking number even for the cheapest shipping method which is USPS airmail. You just need to ask BBTS's customer service. I ordered mine the first of Feb and will receive it tomorrow hopefully.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #44
Longshot
Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Is that $130 just in tax? What was your total declared amount?

I want more garbage in my life.
A bit north of a thousand bucks and if all garbage was this good than I can see why Oscar the Grouch lives in a trash can.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #45
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post

I want more garbage in my life.
Me too.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:57 AM   #46
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm thinking about ordering one from BBTS just to keep MISB...so I can sell later and put those funds towards what I really want (and what I feel Hasbro should have done)...a reissue MP-10

But to be honest, this version of Prime is growing on me. It's just not going to be 'the' Prime like MP-10 was. And hopefully will again!...a man can dream, can't he? What on earth am I gonna do with MP Bumblebee without Prime to go with him?

...going down the rabbit hole I wasn't even considering the Autobot MPs until I saw MP-10...I literally have dreams of finding one on TRU shelves Not to complain the millionth time, but why could I find just about any other release in TRU (well, I had to track down Sentinel Prime here, merci!) like the Ultimate Movie Prime (with trailer), but I couldn't have stumbled upon MP-10? And what were they charging, something like $100? And now YOTH Prime is $150 from TRU...yikes. Oh well, at least there was opportunity for Hasbro MP Soundwave at a fair price.

But like I said...if I find a YOTH Prime in the wild, I'll buy one just because. Only two per store?...no wonder, at that price point.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #47
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
These Platinum release prices are TRU at its finest.
Lol, sarcasm meter going off.

I agree, it is just crazy. The only thing platinum about all these releases is the price. And most of them are based on cruddy molds too. And not surprisingly all of them (but the Optimus) have been/will be horrible shelf warmers. Even the Optimus not many would have had any desire to get (just a worse version of MP10 in every way) if not for the MP10 scarcity thing, where it then becomes understandable that people want to to at least get a version of that mold, but $40 more than mp10 for no reason other than the packaging is just silly...
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #48
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Lol, sarcasm meter going off.

I agree, it is just crazy. The only thing platinum about all these releases is the price. And most of them are based on cruddy molds too. And not surprisingly all of them (but the Optimus) have been/will be horrible shelf warmers. Even the Optimus not many would have had any desire to get (just a worse version of MP10 in every way) if not for the MP10 scarcity thing, where it then becomes understandable that people want to to at least get a version of that mold, but $40 more than mp10 for no reason other than the packaging is just silly...
I don't agree that all platinum are horrible shelf warmers. In fact besides YOTH Optimus, there is another really good one, YOTS omega supreme. Too bad it was never released in Canada. And now MT made the upgrade for it. Which makes me hates Hasbro Canada even more.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #49
justprime
Animated

Hasbro hate ...gotta love it.... after this again MP10/YOTHprime feasco and don't forget to rant to Toyrus people about there ordering habbits when it comes to MP stock another perfec example of people running departments with no concept of demand and how to supply it gotta wonder why we don't see mps at wally? not like they ever really go into it...... but this Toysrus exclusive thing and then they bring in almost no stock what the F*** is wrong with this picture...
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #50
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime View Post
When you factor in shipping, you're looking at almost $150 USD from BBTS assuming you don't get hit with customs. Considering the crappy exchange rate currently, you're going to still be paying more from BBTS than the ~$159 after tax from TRU. If TRU then has a sale within the 30 days or whatnot, you're better off with TRU. The benefit of BBTS is not having the time/stress/transportation costs of searching around for something that will probably be hard to find.
My boy got his 148.00 can delivered no extra tax givin that it as 119 U.S. plus how you shipp from bbt pre order,.. still cheaper than Toysrus thats if you can even find this piece and like you have stated the cost of driving/running around trying to fine it, if the stores are only getting one case of two and if all the stores get this its just a repeat of last years MP10 feasco, good luck with your hunt for this figure
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote