Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 03-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #41
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 29: Orion Pax - pt3 - Discussion

too bad Vector Sigma didn't say any of its classic lines...

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #42
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalskull View Post
WOW!
Very good episodes with intense scenes!
But yeah... Like Obakemono said... for me, it feels like the insecticon did not like the fact that Vector Sigma was getting attacked by those scraplets ... Coz the insecticon was left behind as sentry to protect it against the enemy right?
Insecticon was there to protect the area for intruders, which is true. But they (Decepticons) never realized VS was buried in that location when they took over Kaon (Originally Autobot Territory).
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #43
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Lightbulb Re: Transformers Prime Episode 29: Orion Pax - pt3 - Discussion

Random thoughts plague my mind now.
It's been several days since I last watched this ep, but I wonder what are you thoughts?

Facts:
-wisdom and knowledge of the Primes are contained in Vector Sigma
-one is able to download said knowledge and wisdom from V.S. into The Key
-one is able to download said knowledge and wisdom from The Key into a "Prime" or "Chosen One"

How does V.S. obtain new knowledge and wisdom?

Can I assume V.S. is able to upload knowledge and wisdom from The Key, at the same time during said download into The Key?

Since Optimus Prime was restored back with knowledge/memories he obtained during his time on Earth, can I assume all the knowledge/memories Optimus had was up to handing The Key to Jack?
Because Optimus Prime was not restored back to Day 1 of his...for a lack of term...Prime-hood back on Cybertron.

Does this mean said knowledge and wisdom can be passed simply by the contact from a "Prime" or "Chosen One" to The Key?

If so, does The Key and V.S. now contain the knowledge/memories/wisdom of Jack as well?

If that is so, does that mean if Jack were to lose his memories in a future episode, The Key can restore Jack's knowledge and memories after another download from V.S. via The Key?

Man, it's like a time travel ep of Star Trek, the facts argue with facts in a circular fashion.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #44
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I don't think it's circular. I don't think Vector Sigma obtains anything from the key, except perhaps, for an 'unlock' code.

Vector Sigma is a powerful supercomputer linked directly to Cybertron itself. It gets its data from Cybertron or its own storage.

It's possible Prime didn't so much lose all his memory as he did lose his ability to access some of his memories. Vector Sigma may have just restored that ability.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #45
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Vector Sigma was built by Apple. iCloud was initially made just for VS. Anytime the Matrix obtains new info, it sends it to the cloud! Where it can be later accessed by a Prime anytime he needs it.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #46
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
Well VS is an artifact not just a computer. And they were eating the outer cover of VS's containment chamber not VS itself... (going to watch the episode again to see what VS looks like through Scrapletvision when they look around for stuff to eat).

I'm thinking it's kind of like the sword Excalibur. It didn't rust when it was stuck in the rock for all those years, because it's more than "just a sword"--VS is more than just a metal computer.
I think the only part of Vector Sigma the Scrapletvision showed as 'food' was the interface with the key, the whole Sphere itself was in a different color.

Vector Sigma is more than just a computer, its a network of computer that exists throughout the Multiverse. It acts out the Will of Primus (and is basically the way Primus 'understands' the universe too) and basically bestows sentience to Transformers (though that function seemed to have been hijacked by the AllSpark recently). It probably just automatically collect knowledge and wisdom from the wielder of the Matrix of Leadership. Both are connected to the AllSpark Dimension (i.e. Transformers Heaven).

Its Mysticals, it doesn't have to explain scrap

One annoying detail is that the novels place Vector Sigma below Iacon. Iacon was seized by the Decepticon before the Exodus so there was no need for them to put Vector Sigma below Kaon if they wanted to plug in the Insecticon.

Also I think the Scraplets don't have the run of the place simply because there is other native lifeform that probably prey on 'em, like turbofoxes.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #47
AP Prime
Generation 2

I definately need a deluxe version for Orion Pax
AP Prime is offline   Reply With Quote