Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 07:42 PM   #41
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: TF Fanstream Jan. 30th. The next HASLAB will be revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Not sure if you heard.. but the youth today dont have as much spending power as the older crowd. The buying power is still with the G1'rs.
bad take. Not their fault to inherit an economy ruined by previous generations. And judging by the dudes younger than me dropping a grand every time I visit the LEGO store, it's not lack of funds keeping them from the TF hobby. It's a lack of interest, and a lack of perceived value. Hasbro's quality does not match the premium prices they see fit to charge.

Quote:
I see your point but you said "D list characters". This isnt the bay movies where we get 30 bumblebees and optimus primes because they are the main characters. The original show had a rotating cast of main characters, the movie completely changing it in case you forgot. Some episodes focused on tracks, seaspray, aerial bots etc... its why the g1'rs want all the cast. Its not like how you watch a transformers show today and there is 5 main characters and we get 30 toys of each of the 5.
Ok. Which G1 characters are still sorely in need of a update? Any that people other than the most hardcore care about? We have Tracks, Seaspray, and the Aerialbots. Multiple new versions, even. Who is missing?

And yes, we absolutely get 30 Bumblebees and Primes. Every damn line has to have a Prime.

Quote:
Also keep in mind.. back in the day.. the toys for G1... didnt exactly look like what we saw in the show.. in some cases being vastly different.
Yeah and they all got new ones some time in the last 20 years so....

Quote:
As for beast wars we have an updated cast minus Depth Charge being the only one left out? What am i missing?
Depthcharge, Rampage, Quickstrike. Transmetal forms. TM2 Forms. And then there's the fact that some I'm counting have yet to come out, like Silverbolt. And by your own argument, some of the updates we have gotten, haven't been any good and deserve to be redone again.

Quote:
They have been remaking G1 characters for a long time yes.. but at no point did they hit the sweet spot for looking like the characters we knew as kids while also still being affordable and readily available until WFC.
Ok. But fans of other lines have had to deal with *nothing* while geewunners get "substandard" updates. If there was a bad Crumplezone for every bad Ironhide, sure. But there's not. And yes the OG's hit closer to home for newer lines than they did for G1, but there's still plenty of instance of bad articulation, bad implementation of gimmicks, etc. Either way, Hasbro's recent release schedule indicates that they recognize that the core demographic is shifting. We see more and more, newer and newer, remakes. Studio Series as a prime example. They're marketing to 2007-2015 nostalgia. Which is firmly not 1980's. If all the money was in the old hands, why even bother revisiting the Bay movies? Because there's s a market for it.

But in CHUG we still get a majority of nobodies from the 80's instead of core characters from newer lines. Or rehash of characters that have already been redone. But she's got a new hat, right?

Quote:
It was a little tongue in cheek to say RiD fans should have to wait for 40 years like the rest of us.. i obviously dont want that.
At the rate Takara is going, we might finish S1 BW MP by 2040. Ridiculous.

Again, who from G1 are we still seriously waiting for? At what point do we accept that something is so niche that it may not be remade? I'm not sitting over here going "fkn HasTak hasn't made a new Polar Claw" because I don't reasonably expect that's a priority for a billion(s) dollar business. Who are these comic only or toy only characters meant to appeal to? Hardcore fans. But if they product doesn't sell, Hasbro is a business, and they will cut off the dead weight. The CHUG figures I can reliably find, are the super niches characters from the late 80's and early 90's, not the ones from newer eras despite the lower "spending power". So if the same group that has the "spending power" is not buying the figures they've been clamoring for, how long until they stop being made?

Anyway this is getting off-topic and unintentionally personal. I bear you no ill will but G1 fans claiming they've had anything other than premium treatment by the brand, is a fallacy.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:53 PM   #42
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Soundwave was one of the most prominent characters in G1 and the only modern figure he's ever had that looked like him and transformed into the same thing was a Wal-Mart exclusive from 2020 that barely anyone was able to get.
Netflix Soundwave is getting a re-release again, albeit at a leader price point (so he's probably going to have a lot of accessories like tapes).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:45 PM   #43
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Soundwave was one of the most prominent characters in G1 and the only modern figure he's ever had that looked like him and transformed into the same thing was a Wal-Mart exclusive from 2020 that barely anyone was able to get.

What about MP13?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM   #44
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Can confirm the free shipping applies to Premium members in Canada too. Not my membership; it's from a friend.
Very nice. Thanks for the info.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 04:48 AM   #45
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Omega Prime:

5,535 / 10,000 (+678) 55.35% of funding goal with 42d 19h left.

Over half way there with a lot of time left.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:03 AM   #46
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Omega Prime:

5,951 / 10,000 (+416) 59.51% of funding goal with 41d 18h left.

Almost at 60% funded.
Old 02-04-2024, 05:19 AM   #47
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Omega Prime:

6,394 / 10,000 (+136) 63.94% of funding goal with 39d 18h left.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:03 AM   #48
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Omega Prime:

6,516 / 10,000 (+122) 65.16% of funding goal with 38d 16h left.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:43 PM   #49
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Again, who from G1 are we still seriously waiting for? At what point do we accept that something is so niche that it may not be remade? I'm not sitting over here going "fkn HasTak hasn't made a new Polar Claw" because I don't reasonably expect that's a priority for a billion(s) dollar business. Who are these comic only or toy only characters meant to appeal to? Hardcore fans. But if they product doesn't sell, Hasbro is a business, and they will cut off the dead weight. The CHUG figures I can reliably find, are the super niches characters from the late 80's and early 90's, not the ones from newer eras despite the lower "spending power". So if the same group that has the "spending power" is not buying the figures they've been clamoring for, how long until they stop being made?

Anyway this is getting off-topic and unintentionally personal. I bear you no ill will but G1 fans claiming they've had anything other than premium treatment by the brand, is a fallacy.
Its a bad take that kids dont have money because i didnt blame it on the past generation? lol..

Sandstorm, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, all the throttle bots minus Goldbug, Swoop, Defensor, Superion... because the Combiner wars combiners looked like trash with a couple of obvious exceptions. Why are perfect effect upgrade kits worth more than the figures now? Just because a figure had the same name doesnt make it a figure people wanted. Feral Rex, Warbotron, Ordin, forget makes toys computron... are popular because of how bad the hasbro offerings were.

I could easily start saying that the last Omega Optimus was "good enough" for you, why do you need more?

My hole point is G1 is still a driving factor in sales in Transformers whether you want to agree with it or not. When sales get tight you will see more G1 figures come out again instead of 40 dollar rescue bots figures because hasbro knows what sells.. they just want you to buy all the shit you dont want to get it.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:30 AM   #50
Robbler
Machine War

they'll never give me what i want (FOC bruticus)