Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
RazzAq
Machine War
RazzAq's Ebay Auctions
MP-44 @ Amazon Japan

MP-44 is available for PO at amazon japan.

looking at $440 CAD shipped.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%88%E...keywords=mp-44
Old 12-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: MP-44 @ Amazon Japan

It says 36XXX yen on the product page but you only need to pay 34255 yen for the Prime (plus 1200 yen DHL 3 days shipping and 4500 yen sales tax withhold by Amazon Japan). This is cheaper than AmiAmi at least.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

That's a pretty decent price (a lot better than $600 CAD).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So what is the procedure for ordering from amazon.jp?

I've never done it before, and now that my local supplier is done I am considering my options going forward.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So what is the procedure for ordering from amazon.jp?

I've never done it before, and now that my local supplier is done I am considering my options going forward.
Open an account (if you shopped at amazon.ca it is there already, I think. It has been a while for me so I could be wrong) and order like what you always do on amazon.ca. You can switch the language to English if you wanted. They accept our credit cards so shop until you drop dead! The prices on product pages are not the one we will pay because these included the sales tax in Japan that we don’t have to pay. Noted that they don’t ship everything to Canada especially things sold by their local marketplace sellers. Luckily they ship MP-44 globally. You have no choice on the shipping method since Amazon Japan uses DHL for global shipments exclusively. However, shipping charge is extremely reasonable (only 1200 yen for MP-44) even if you don’t consider the speedy delivery - I always got my orders in 3 days and I live in Toronto. They do withhold sales tax for you so you don’t pay anything at delivery (just like when we order from amazon.com and have things sent across the border).

Looking for:

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Open an account (if you shopped at amazon.ca it is there already, I think. It has been a while for me so I could be wrong) and order like what you always do on amazon.ca. You can switch the language to English if you wanted. They accept our credit cards so shop until you drop dead! The prices on product pages are not the one we will pay because these included the sales tax in Japan that we don’t have to pay. Noted that they don’t ship everything to Canada especially things sold by their local marketplace sellers. Luckily they ship MP-44 globally. You have no choice on the shipping method since Amazon Japan uses DHL for global shipments exclusively. However, shipping charge is extremely reasonable (only 1200 yen for MP-44) even if you don’t consider the speedy delivery - I always got my orders in 3 days and I live in Toronto. They do withhold sales tax for you so you don’t pay anything at delivery (just like when we order from amazon.com and have things sent across the border).
Yup, this exactly.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Better, but still too much for a toy. How could you ever have fun with it worried about paint chipping and the like?
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Better, but still too much for a toy. How could you ever have fun with it worried about paint chipping and the like?
In a way, yes. But all my MPs and MP scaled third party stuffs are just for display anyway. I only play with the regular releases like PotP, Titans Return, etc.

Looking for:
Old 12-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
True, but Amazon Japan's price is a significant discount compared to everyone else. With shipping and import charges, the figure is costing me $437.00 CAD. That's over $160.00 cheaper than any other retailer (and that $600.00 CAD price tag doesn't even include shipping).

I probably won't be playing much with it. Most of my MP's are just transformed once or twice and then displayed. Hopefully Takara does a great job on the paint and it doesn't chip easily.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #10
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I don’t disagree that the price is better, but it’s brutal compared to the $70 I paid for MP10 at tru. Also, I, like most of you, mainly display my MP collection, but they’re still Transformers and the whole point of them is that they transform!

I love MP36, but it’s a bummer that I can’t enjoy him as much because I don’t want to damage him. $400 is better than $600, yes, but it’s too much. I REALLY want him, but the stress and cost take the fun out of it for me.
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote