Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2021, 02:29 AM   #1
Miraculous Galvatron
Omnious Combiner
Miraculous Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Concering Delays With EBgames.ca Preorders

Hey Guys,

So I pre-ordered some Kingdom figures from ebgames.ca back in September. The figures are Cyclonus, Primal and Megatron (beast). I've seen a few other board members receive their pre-orders (with the exception of megs), although at checkout I had chosen to have my pre-orders shipped to my local store (Fairview Mall in Toronto).

I was made aware that the store that I pre-ordered to pick the figures up from, is temporarily closed due to the pandemic (as to my knowledge).
I do not know if I should cancel these pre-orders with ebgames.ca and take a chance grabbing these figures elsewhere or wait and see what happens.

I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has the same issue, and how ebgames deals with these sorts of issues, customer service wise. I've never had an issue before, although I emailed them about a few days ago and have heard no response whatsoever from them.

Has anyone run into a similar issue with them?

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72077

eBay Sales Link:
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/782connie/m....customid=CAPB2
Miraculous Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:59 AM   #2
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Concering Delays With EBgames.ca Preorders

Use the live chat on their website instead of email. They are bogged down to a horrendous degree right now. If you can't find the live chat icon, adblockers tend to block it.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Well, try finding the figures first before canceling. Try the chat option to cancel your order like suggested if you find the figures elsewhere. If you get someone to speak via chat, they should be able to re-route your order to another store or your home address (or cancel it altogether). That really sucks though. They do take quite a while to respond to emails, so the chat option is your best bet. Good luck, you should be able to get this sorted.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:22 AM   #4
Miraculous Galvatron
Omnious Combiner

Thanks guys so far for the advice. I may try the chat function tomorrow as it seems they may not respond in due time to my email. If they could ship the entire order to my home, I would prefer that. Going to chat with them tomorrow and will keep you guys posted. Just felt like I would ask for some potential advice as I've never really ordered from them previously.

eBay Sales Link:
Old 01-09-2021, 03:39 AM   #5
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Galvatron View Post
Thanks guys so far for the advice. I may try the chat function tomorrow as it seems they may not respond in due time to my email. If they could ship the entire order to my home, I would prefer that. Going to chat with them tomorrow and will keep you guys posted. Just felt like I would ask for some potential advice as I've never really ordered from them previously.
No prob, they're usually pretty good with fulfilling preorders. I usually try to place my preorders in-store since its more convenient for me (they can usually hold a bunch of stuff for you there and you can pick it up when you're ready). Also you don't need to pay up front (usually) when placing preorders in-store.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #6
neevnav
Masterpiece

Like others said, I'd see if you can secure them elsewhere before cancelling your pre-order. I'd also check with the store you ordered to to see if they are offering curbside pickup, because you may still be able to get them there then.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I would go (or call) to an eb store closest to fairview that is open to curbside pickup, as senior staff from other stores are likely working there and can probably let you know if your stuff has arrived/waiting for you at the closed fairview location. I know that some staff have gone into their "closed" stores and are bringing some stuff over to the open curb-side stores for resale.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:17 PM   #8
delrue
Crossover

If you placed a deposit on it you will have to go in store to cancel your order.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #9
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I got a phone call a few days ago saying that the Georgetown store is shutting down permanently so my pre-orders are now going to Milton. Fortunately, I didn't need to put any money down as I'm still waiting for Cyclonus and Sunstreaker and then the SS86 line

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
Miraculous Galvatron
Omnious Combiner

I have tried calling my closest eb games (other than the pre order location which is closed temporarily) they had no other information as to how my order will be fulfilled. I have sent another email off to customer service hoping someone can direct me as to how this works at this point. I've never pre-ordered for a pickup in store before, and it's seemingly frustrating especially with the store being closed due to the pandemic.
Just hoping to get my cyclonus and primal as well as beast megs sooner than later.

eBay Sales Link: