Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-05-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
prime
Generation 2
Best Transformers 1-step changers

I've generally discounted 1-steps as kids toys and largely ignored them, but was pleasantly surprised by the Cyberverse Megatron 1-step (The single barrel version, not the newer double cannon). The whole figure was a auto-morph and everything fit together perfectly. It's almost therapeutic just being able to instantly transform a figure like the shows/movies, instead of fiddling around with panels and such.

So I've grabbed a couple more and they've been hit & miss. Whirl was awesome, with an accurate vehicle/robot mode and intuitive transformation to boot. Repugnus and his flipping transformation was pretty cool too. Bludgeon was like a Megatron-lite and more like a turtle popping out of his shell, but both modes still looked nice.

Then you have total shellformers like Wheeljack which I wasn't impressed with.

Any others out there who collect this line, and have suggestions for what are the better figures/transformations?
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #2
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Best 1-step changers

I can't speak to most of this line, but without a doubt Whirl and Bludgeon are amazing!!!

Whirl is just a great representation of the character from Cyberverse, and has more play value than a lot of deluxes. It is amazing what they were able to do with a 1-step.

I agree that Bludgeon is a bit simplictic, but he is still a great toy (for a 1-step).

I also like that these are so simple, and quick, to transform. That's why I like fiddling with them more than most bigger toys.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #3
prime
Generation 2

^^ I'm glad I'm not the only "adult" who appreciates the line

I keep one at my desk in my home office to keep my hands busy when I'm on a tedious conference call. A full transformation will break your concentration, but these 1-steps are just simple enough to keep you awake while still being able to focus on work.

I feel that if they wanted to, they could add a little more articulation - knee joints would totally be possible. It's too bad there isn't an "advanced" line for this. I feel that just as much engineering (if not even more) can go into a figure that requires everything to fall in place in just one motion, so it's pretty impressive.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:58 PM   #4
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I remember I fucking LOVED the "Activators" small toys in TF: Animated. They were generally great little toys and a lot of fun. Especially the seekers.

That cyberverse Whirl looks rad.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That cyberverse Whirl looks rad.
He is. If you wanted to sell this line, he would be your headliner.

Aside from budgetary constraints, it would have been totally practical to give him elbow & knee joints, which would really have elevated him even further.