Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Ultimate Optimus Prime and Kreo on Sale at Toys R Us - December 3rd and 4th

Not sure I want to interrupt all the hateration, but Ultimate Optimus is...kind of neat.

The MechTech weapon is a waste of plastic and it only barely edges out Powermaster Prime in terms of articulation, but...
  • It's got a great vehicle mode
  • Satisfying transformation
  • Impressive (if bricky) robot mode
  • Very nice implementation of combination
The only thing I really don't like about it is the tendency for the butterfly wings to come off, but they're also much more poseable than pictures lead you to believe.

Personally, I think $45 is pretty good. Oh, and by the way -- did you deliberately choose the mangled automatic translation and ignore the better one later in the thread:
Quote:
Q2. I hear that there is often trouble with creating movie figures from early designs. Was this figure based on early material like concept art?

A2. There was no consideration from the Hollywood team, and from the beginning I wanted to make my own design. This was something all done in Japan. The idea was sort of an update to JETPOWER OPTIMUS PRIME from REVENGE OF THE FALLEN(ROTF) where JETFIRE sacrificed his life to provide parts. It was only after I saw the new movie that I found out about the new jetpack.

Q3. What is the highlight of ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME?

A3. If nothing else, please enjoy the size.
Bolds are mine, but I don't see how you could possibly get the idea that the designer was either following Hasbro's lead or evasive about Prime.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
sikkbones
Banned

are the 40% off kreos a two dale sale or all week?

and i am defintiley going to wait for 25$... at winners.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

lol. I just copy the link and didn't even see the second translation. I have to say the translation was terrible. Still it sounds like the designer wasn't particularly proud of Ultimate Prime...

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 11-28-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
Batman
The Dark Knight

I might pick up that Ultimate Prime for my nieces. They love Optimus Prime.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
Not sure I want to interrupt all the hateration, but Ultimate Optimus is...kind of neat.

The MechTech weapon is a waste of plastic and it only barely edges out Powermaster Prime in terms of articulation, but...
  • It's got a great vehicle mode
  • Satisfying transformation
  • Impressive (if bricky) robot mode
  • Very nice implementation of combination
The only thing I really don't like about it is the tendency for the butterfly wings to come off, but they're also much more poseable than pictures lead you to believe.

Personally, I think $45 is pretty good. Oh, and by the way -- did you deliberately choose the mangled automatic translation and ignore the better one later in the thread:
Bolds are mine, but I don't see how you could possibly get the idea that the designer was either following Hasbro's lead or evasive about Prime.
I don't hate it...just can't justify the cost and what I get in return even on sale. Yes its got a wicked alt mode...robot mode is meh. But for almost the same price (not on sale) I can get the battle tanker or the protector armour. Both have more pros then cons over the Ultimate prime and to top it off retain there value.

To be honest if there wasn't so many more better quality items out there right now I'd be hard pressed to not pull the trigger while on sale. But as it stands it's an easy pass.

But anyways each to there own.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #16
lars573
Energon

That's a day, A DAY, before I get paid again.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #17
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm really surprised that Hasbro has not made a decent Leader Prime nor Megatron for DOTM. Ok, ROTF Leader Prime is pretty damn good, but maybe a more accurate repaint, kinda like what Takara has out, would be good too...well at LEAST do a leader Megatron.
Ultimate Prime fails on too many levels. The Truck looks good but his robot mode blows, his trailer to jet blows and the combined form has I think just a wee bit more articulation than Powermaster Prime. I'm just saying, this was an opportunity that was completly wasted.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
Pascal
Banned

Trailer to jet? There's no jet mode...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I still don't see how I can bite at $45. I don't hate it, I just don't want it per se. Maybe if it ever hits $30.

That said, I think it was made for younger kids. It's very... flamboyant.

Then again, wasn't it last Christmas or the one before when everyone on here HATED giant ROTF Devastator? I liked it, got it for X-mas, still like it a lot, and now it's commanding a premium on eBay. Food for thought maybe...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

the BIS sets are $21 right now with the sale... how is waiting a few days a good idea?
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote