Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 05-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
there_is_a_martens
Beast Machine
Re: Hunt for the BEST official Bruticus - CW vs Foc (With UW honourable mention)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Without any upgrades I do think the CW version is the one to get.

Transformers Microblaze Creations Military Titans - Bruticus by Chris C, on Flickr

The CW upgrade sets look really good as well. Either way I feel both need a little TLC to get them where I want them.

Heck I'll have em both
I dunno, that FOC Bruticus with the Boosticus upgrade kit looks pretty damn sexy...
Old 05-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #12
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hunt for the BEST official Bruticus - CW vs Foc (With UW honourable mention)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Unite Warriors will easily be the best, there is no contest here.
Haha, seems to me, based on the feedback, there is a lot of contest here. BUT....you did pick one that many will call the clear winner. My concern is, well, I honestly find Takara have poorer tolerences, case and point, Generations versus United Scourge, the Hasbro ones are way smoother.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Is it even a contest? FOC Bruticus is awful. Those tiny flimsy integrated hands, the individual members feel low quality, the combiner proportions are bad because they're all deluxes. Just bad.

I prefer UW over CW because Blast Off has the right alt mode and I think the colors/paint apps on all the other members look better.
If FoC had a voyager body, like the MMC military titans gave him ( I hope I have that third part right,lol) then that figure would rock a lot more. You bring up a good point about all deluxs and wait until we get to Onslaught, you'll see what I mean by that. I liked the integrated hands to be honest. UW Blast off DOES have the right mode, but is he worth the premium price? Customize CW? Or, go more toy accurate colours, CW is all over that!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #14
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Here we go with part 2 in our hunt for the best official Bruticus! his time we have a brawl with Brawl and make our way through Foc versus Combiner Wars versions of this guy, with a few added paint apps and, of course, some commentary on Unite Warriors. What style fits your tastes? Check out Brawl and see what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5gyowkjBs
Old 05-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Again it's a matter of taste, but I really can't stand the purple and orange chestplate on UW Bruticus, Brawl's head, Blast-Off's weird-ass off-model dominant orange, or Swindle. It's not bad or wrong, but for my tastes CW has a preferable color scheme outside of the terrible yellow missile racks on Vortex; who, ironically, is totally off-model for UW but looks really slick. ^^

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get a shuttle Blast-Off release domestically, in colors closer to the jet version. ^^

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #16
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Again it's a matter of taste, but I really can't stand the purple and orange chestplate on UW Bruticus, Brawl's head, Blast-Off's weird-ass off-model dominant orange, or Swindle. It's not bad or wrong, but for my tastes CW has a preferable color scheme outside of the terrible yellow missile racks on Vortex; who, ironically, is totally off-model for UW but looks really slick. ^^

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get a shuttle Blast-Off release domestically, in colors closer to the jet version. ^^
Oh yeah, of course it is personal taste. I have an animation accurate thing, but sometimes I like to make allowances. Is it an orange or a lighter brown?? Brawl's head? What's wrong with Brawl's head,lol? I customized to get a bit of both but, that said, I totally think that ANYONE who believes the toy accurate colours are their memory of Bruticus should TOTALLY go CW. The shuttle Blast off WOULD be nice, but I kinda dig the jet, especially since I can store his and Vortex's hand/feet on the wings. WHat I like about all these Bruticuses..or Brutici if you will, is that there are so many colour options. I am sure many are thinking something like Warbotron, which also has several tolerance issues but you can't fairly compare a 20 dollar fig to 100.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #17
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

This is part 3 in the hunt for the best official Bruticus! Here we look at FoC versus my custom Combiner Wars Vortex! One thing we can all agree on, I hope, is that this guy...should never be a leg! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBRYUjeza8w
Old 05-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #18
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

UW wins hands down.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #19
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

First off, I want to wish all moms, including yours, the very best Mother's Day. Now then, on we move to part FOUR in the BEST official Bruticus series! This time we compare FoC Blastoff with the CW version, with a bunch of custom paint apps and a few Unite Warriors comments for sure here. Check out the comparison review as we keep plugging away on the hunt! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HcZVdUU23k
Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #20
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
UW wins hands down.
Wish I could agree with you, but that orange-ish brown really throws me off on Blastoff, plus, his aesthetic looks...off compared to other CW/UW molds, like he doesn't quite fit the line. BUT, the whole point of a series like this is to have a look at all the official offerings. A lot of people are instantly sold on Takara, and that's cool. Personally, I find they have shakey tolerances at best most of the time, well, most of the time considering the figures I have handled. Maybe I have just had bad Takara luck,lol. Thanks for your "vote" here. I assume you have the UW on preorder, so here's hoping June comes quickly for ya', and an amen to that!