Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
darthrage
Beast Machine
Transformers DVDs ?

I got all the Transformers Generation 1 DVDs

But I'd like to know more about the other ones NOT including Beast Wars just cuz I'm not that interested in BW.

Anyways, how many different Series were released on DVD? Is there some kinda Checklist?

Cuz I wanna watch some of the other Generations on DVD. I know Energon and Armada are on DVD but how many volumes or seasons are in each and are they all available for purchase?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transformers DVDs ?

I think Armada is 2 volumes, done up like the Rhino G1 DVDs. Not sure on Energon. RID had a PAL release on DVD.

I would love to see a fill Unicron Trilogy box set though
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
-KG-
Kranix

I'd really like a Cybertron set. I think it's one of the better series they've made in a long time. But at least it's still on YTV
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I'd really like a Cybertron set. I think it's one of the better series they've made in a long time. But at least it's still on YTV
RiD started bad but was completely revamped after the initial 13 eps, once the Decepticons were introduced. It still had a kiddie look but was really going for the 'fun' factor, while still delivering some top-notch stories, Transformer concepts, new spins on old gimmicks, and the best comedy in a TF series.

I'd say Armada was plagued with bad production, and early story flaws, but totally rapped in the later eps with a truly epic tale.

Energon had few animation errors but was really kiddied down and they changed the rules of energon physics in every 2nd episode. Good to watch for the fun moments, but at times it came close to the immaturity level of Beasties.

Cybertron had no errors and great stories, but seemed very repetitive and not epic enough. But every once in a while they had an incredible episode that would knock your socks off.
Probably Transformers socks if you shop at Target.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
darthrage
Beast Machine

I haven't seen Armada, Energon or Cyberton but I actually really like RID but unfortunately, it is only available in PAL format.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-samurai View Post
I haven't seen Armada, Energon or Cyberton but I actually really like RID but unfortunately, it is only available in PAL format.
I know.
Besides G1, it's the only dvd set I'd pay big bucks for.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

>.> am i.. am i allowed to post a website with the RiD eps on it?

Last edited by Nyghtwynd; 06-09-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Armada has been released in its entirety via 2 box sets by Rhino. They shouldn't be too hard to track down. The first set has just Optimus in Super mode on the cover artwork, the 2nd is a cool scene with Optimus and Megatron.

Energon has, I believe, 4 individual DVD volumes, but they are just episode collections and they're not fully in order. There's one with Optimus on the cover art, one with Megatron, one with Shockblast, and one with Omega Supreme.

Cybertron has, to my knowledge, only one DVD, and it doesn't include the first episode (since that episode didn't actually air first). Starscream is on the cover.

There is no way to get Energon or Cybertron complete on DVD. I think that sucks. But my recommendation is to seek out the Japanese fansubs of both of those shows.

Disney likely owns the rights to RiD now, since they own all of the Saban stuff. I had hoped we'd have gotten some kind of announcement on DVD release to coincide with the movie, since they often release DVDs of super hero shows when a new movie comes to theaters, but that doesn't look to be in the cards. Too bad.

Sayonara.

Last edited by Ninjatron; 06-09-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Ninjatron is offline   Reply With Quote