Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #21
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Hi, I was directed here from Reddit with some questions since I'm Canadian.

If you want genuine TakaraTomy MPs go to any one of the Japanese sites like mandrake, amazon.co.jp, amiami, HLJ, anime-export and nippon-yasin. eBay and Chinese sites are risky - you might end up with a KO, although there are legitimate sources in Hong Kong, and some of these do state whether an item is KO or not. Or try a Singaporean store called ohmyprimus. You can also join some Facebook groups and there are (commercial, legitimate) sellers advertising over there.

For MP scale 3rd party stuffs you do have to go to some Chinese sites for deals such as showzstore. Do your research before putting your money on the table. Or try ohmyprimus I mentioned. Or Facebook.

Getting MP and even third party locally (or from the US) is just too expensive comparably speaking. As much as I want to support Canadian businesses the markups are too high. I do understand their costs of importing stuffs and their needs of making a healthy profit in order to be viable but I have limited funds so I have to pick the most economic path. Sorry. Having said that, the Canadian online sellers do offer deals sometimes so shop around. But if you want your MP almost right after their release the Japanese sites are the way to go since they will ship them out as soon as stuffs are released instead if having to wait for a local (or US) seller to receive their stocks AND THEN ship the things to you.

Of course you can deal with members here if you happened to come across somethings you crave.

BTW, we don’t have the same toys regulations like the States so all Megatrons (G1, reissues, MP and third party) from oversea sources sans the US have no orange plug. I have imported different Megatron figures from Japan w/o it and no issue at the border.

Someone mentioned the differences between the Hasbro and TakaraTomy “CW” Devastator: beside the minor mold differences like extra joints on the TakaraTomy bots each of them also comes with a gun. These are not presented in the Hasbro version. There is no official MP Devastator but there are third party alternatives. I think the ToysWorld one is the best but pricey - the best deal I can find will set you back at least $600 Cadn shipped.

As for MP-09, there is also the issue with the shoulder joints. Simply speaking they can be broken off. My Hasbro one suffered from this. One of the arms decided to fall off one day. I have yet to open my TakaraTomy one after all these years so it might have suffered the same fate. You should be able to get third party shoulder and knee joints repair/replacement kits. I got mine from eBay.

If you want to get G1 reissues w/o the long missles, short smoke stacks, etc. nonsenses you will have to hunt for the Takara/TakaraTomy/eHobby versions. Characters like Starscream have been done again and again already from eHobby to the latest Encore. The Japanese have even reissed Megatron (Hasbro will never do one I guaranteed).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 11-10-2018 at 07:10 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #22
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Great... everywhere that people had suggested weren't taking any more orders. Amazon.co.jp wants just under 40000 yen for it.

Any other places I should try that is more reputable than ebay?

Thanks.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #23
python
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Great... everywhere that people had suggested weren't taking any more orders. Amazon.co.jp wants just under 40000 yen for it.
Which item specifically?
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #24
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

The Rodimus Prime, presumably?

As yeah, that's not gonna be cheap at this point unless you get a used one. It came out several years back, after all.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
The Rodimus Prime, presumably?

As yeah, that's not gonna be cheap at this point unless you get a used one. It came out several years back, after all.
Rodimus Prime is getting rereleased this month in China. This is the ONLY place that still has orders available and it is way cheaper than any other option: http://ex.tfs-express.com/masterpiec...d-edition.html

Its $132.99 USD plus shipping.

To answer the original poster, all the recomendations we are giving you are only for NEW MP releases by Takara.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Sorry, my bad. I was looking at the new MP36+ Megatron as well.

I'm keeping my eyes out for a ver 2 of the first release that had the trailer and I guess I just have to hope it has ok shoulders.

You know that Walmart.ca wants something like $190CND for the reissue of G1 Rodimus Prime? lol
Old 11-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #27
timcrook
Cybertron

If you are interested in rodimus, look up dx9 carry
Old 11-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #28
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Sorry, my bad. I was looking at the new MP36+ Megatron as well.

I'm keeping my eyes out for a ver 2 of the first release that had the trailer and I guess I just have to hope it has ok shoulders.

You know that Walmart.ca wants something like $190CND for the reissue of G1 Rodimus Prime? lol
Its not Walmart, its just a person like you or me posting his ad on rhe website. Also look what i wrote a few posts above, they are rereleasing MP Rodimus with trailer amd i give a link to the place to get it.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:34 PM   #29
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Here is the only place in canada to order mp 36+ from. You wont find it much cheaper since this is an exclusive.

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/produc...-color-version
Old 11-14-2018, 11:11 PM   #30
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Pre-ordered. Thanks! BTW I looked at the Dx9 and I just... I dunno, maybe it's a bit of Transformer snobbery, but I just don't want a 3rd party figure. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a v2 of the trailer Rodimus that has decent shoulders.

Of course, at the rate Takara re-releases newer versions of the same toy, it wouldn't surprise me if they did a re-release of the trailer version with better QC.