Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

I guess he was sort of trolling. I missed most of the stuff that happened before they deleted a bunch of posts.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
shabooya
Banned

Anyone else feel like we should be able to dictate our own use of the local forum?

Seems to me the only people who benefit from us not being aloud to banter on the sightings thread is Scalpers who just jump on the site to quickly peruse before swooping in and buying everything of worth we mention...
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I also think we should be able to chat in the Sightings thread, but there are a few regular members who would like to keep it sightings only. I suppose it avoids unnecessary email notifications if we have a separate topic. Some people don't want to wade through off-topic posts to read the sightings info.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I also think we should be able to chat in the Sightings thread, but there are a few regular members who would like to keep it sightings only. I suppose it avoids unnecessary email notifications if we have a separate topic. Some people don't want to wade through off-topic posts to read the sightings info.
Right.
Predominantly scalpers IMO.

It's a stupid rule here to serve the few if you ask me.
I'd love some insight into this though, as there may be some logic to it that I'm just not seeing...

This site is dead without the chatting, and having the chat mixed in with sightings is pretty much motivation to be checking this site on and off all day...separate the two and I'll just check on the weekends.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I hear ya. The sightings thread is going to be pretty dead without the chat because there's hardly ever anything worthwhile sighted. I'll keep checking both threads though, but I don't do a lot of hunting (waste of time with no new toys) so I'll mostly be posting here.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
Anyone else feel like we should be able to dictate our own use of the local forum?

Seems to me the only people who benefit from us not being aloud to banter on the sightings thread is Scalpers who just jump on the site to quickly peruse before swooping in and buying everything of worth we mention...
Personally, I like the banter. It makes that thread more inviting and gives it more of a community feel, and less of sterile one where every post is like

Bowmac

1K Bumblebee.
2K Crap all

If I'm hunting for a specific figure I just do a forum search on that thread and it filters out most of the banter, at least enough for me to do a quick scan of sightings.

I've said this before. The banter makes it harder for the scalpers because sightings get camouflaged in with the banter, which is fine with me.

My two cents
Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

I've said this before. The banter makes it harder for the scalpers because sightings get camouflaged in with the banter, which is fine with me.

My two cents
Yup this works for me as well and here is why:

On the sightings thread, when a few boardies posts their frustration trying to find a figure (ie: MP TC & OP) all these lurkers come out of parts unknown posting. This has happened several times when sought after figures are released. Not sure if anyone else noticed the pattern...

Last edited by Tech Spec; 12-04-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yep, I've noticed that. People I've never heard of all of a sudden start posting sightings, and once in awhile they actually become regular contributors.

But the mods don't like things off-topic and a few members don't want to read idle banter so they complain to the mods (or maybe it was that scalper) so what can we do...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

I would like to be more helpful but I'm from Surrey and I'm limited to transit. I try and post sightings when I can but when there are people that are more able than I am, it sorta defeats the purpose y'know? Why take a packed bus or an hour long train ride to Vancouver or Lansdowne just to see if *maybe* something new is there right?

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Same for me, I transit everywhere, so unless I'm already in the area or I know something is in stock, I don't have the time to go looking.