Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #101
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
Good news for you! (And me!)

The hound is going to have to be awesome.. since I still love my Maketoys Gundog...
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #102
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Oh yeah? Well they're both Renzy to me!! Wanna fight??!?!

... FRUMBLENZY!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #103
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I have another vent...

Scale!

I would love one series that would take an approach to set up that all robots and vehicles stick to a very stern scale.

This might result is a completely new take on many characters and their alt form.

It's kind of why I did really liked the Micromasters, as they allowed a whole balance between some of the standard sized ones.

And another vent... playsets, bases, are almost non-existent, and those that do are so limited and more platforms than actual bases. Heck I hate that TM Fortress Max has legs that are "room sections" but that you can't even transform him in an easy way to use then.

I would love that for the coming wave of Micromaster rehash, that we get a few larger ships with actual internal functional "rooms" and such, and those could transform as bases, but also have actual playset. No need for fancy stuff, heck, even a cardboard "dollhouse" would be nice.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #104
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I have another vent...

Scale!

I would love one series that would take an approach to set up that all robots and vehicles stick to a very stern scale.

This might result is a completely new take on many characters and their alt form.

It's kind of why I did really liked the Micromasters, as they allowed a whole balance between some of the standard sized ones.

And another vent... playsets, bases, are almost non-existent, and those that do are so limited and more platforms than actual bases. Heck I hate that TM Fortress Max has legs that are "room sections" but that you can't even transform him in an easy way to use then.

I would love that for the coming wave of Micromaster rehash, that we get a few larger ships with actual internal functional "rooms" and such, and those could transform as bases, but also have actual playset. No need for fancy stuff, heck, even a cardboard "dollhouse" would be nice.
You are in luck then, both Studio Series and Siege make sure to stick to a standard scale.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #105
BludChylde
Generation 2

Now having all the Dinobots and finally playing around with Volcanicus, I have 2 problems. First Slag/Sludge/Snarl/Swoop all do a poor job of the lower arm staying together in arm mode. Every single one of them, the legs want to pop apart if you attempt posing. My other problem is the Volcanicus torso.The weight of the arms alone cause Grimlock's arms to untab and it just goes to Hell at that point.

When I'm able to, I'm definitely getting one of the upgrade kits. The only thing I'm wondering, regardless of if I track down the Perfect Effect set or the Transform Dream Wave, how bad do they look if you leave off the crotch/butt plates. Regardless of which set you use, it seems like you either turn the leg so the limbs look right and lose back/forward motion for posing or you deal with the Grimlock tail ends facing forward which effects straightening out the knee.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #106
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
Now having all the Dinobots and finally playing around with Volcanicus, I have 2 problems. First Slag/Sludge/Snarl/Swoop all do a poor job of the lower arm staying together in arm mode. Every single one of them, the legs want to pop apart if you attempt posing. My other problem is the Volcanicus torso.The weight of the arms alone cause Grimlock's arms to untab and it just goes to Hell at that point.

When I'm able to, I'm definitely getting one of the upgrade kits. The only thing I'm wondering, regardless of if I track down the Perfect Effect set or the Transform Dream Wave, how bad do they look if you leave off the crotch/butt plates. Regardless of which set you use, it seems like you either turn the leg so the limbs look right and lose back/forward motion for posing or you deal with the Grimlock tail ends facing forward which effects straightening out the knee.
Yes, totally agree with all those challenges with them.

The scale, availability and combined form of the Power of the Primes Dinobots could start it’s own separate venting thread.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #107
OptimusB38
Optimus B

I wonder if TT/ Hasbro will release something besides various versions of mp 10.
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #108
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
I'm a little behind on my toy opening, but I finally got around to opening up the POTP fembots Elita-1, Moonracer, and Novastar. I needed two more limbs to make the combined form, so I grabbed Alpha Bravo and Offroad from Combiner Wars.

As I was fiddling around with them, I realized there is a distinct difference in the quality of construction between the Combiner Wars bots and the POTP bots. When you compare them side by side, the POTP bots almost feel like KOs. The plastic feels lighter, and I just get the impression, things are going to wear out in rather quick fashion.

The CW combiner limb pegs feel solid and slide into the ports with a nice solid click, while the POTP combiner pegs feel off and don't really click in solidly. Then there's the combiner ports on Elita-1, the springs on them feel weak, and they don't feel like they're holding the limbs in all that securely, at least not compared to a CW torso.

Also, it's a shame about Moonracer and Firestar's legs. Everyone complains about those side panels, and they are kind of crappy. But all the designers had to do to fix this was make the back of the legs the front the front of the legs the back. When I turn the legs to face this way, it looks almost perfect. It's too bad the knees and feet can be reversed.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 10-26-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #109
BludChylde
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
As I was fiddling around with them, I realized there is a distinct difference in the quality of construction between the Combiner Wars bots and the POTP bots. When you compare them side by side, the POTP bots almost feel like KOs. The plastic feels lighter, and I just get the impression, things are going to wear out in rather quick fashion.

The CW combiner limb pegs feel solid and slide into the ports with a nice solid click, while the POTP combiner pegs feel off and don't really click in solidly. Then there's the combiner ports on Elita-1, the springs on them feel weak, and they don't feel like they're holding the limbs in all that securely, at least not compared to a CW torso.
Haven't noticed any problems with the combiner pegs or ports, but I do agree there is a quality issue. And I'm definitely agreeing on the plastics issue because, I could be wrong, but it looks like stress marks are starting to form on Swoop where his legs tab together.

Just an edit to try and show the stress marks on Swoop. Best picture I could get at the moment.

Last edited by BludChylde; 10-27-2018 at 03:38 PM.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #110
Landstander
Generation 2

This can apply to all figures, but especially the combiner limbs, but having molded ratchet joints in the knees and elbows would have been really nice
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote