Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #11
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: What do you do with your old versions of characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Don't some stores like Ages Three and Up offer trade-in options (you trade in your older figures for some store credit)? I figure you can get some value back and also credit to use towards future purchases, depending on what it was you traded in.
Yup, A3U, Toy Traders, Metropolis Comics and Krypton Toys (here in the lower mainland) all offer some form of trade-in. But YMMV as they all will go through what you bring in and make you an offer for the items that they're interested in (IE think they can sell) and you get the rest back.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:48 PM   #12
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hmmm, I never knew that about A3U. That's a pretty cool idea though (similar to trading in video games).

They do offer this sort of thing at their physical store and online as well (but the latter option is probably cost-prohibitive depending on shipping costs and whatnot). I presume that other similar stores who deal in used figures probably have a similar system as well, since those used figures they are selling have to come from somewhere.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:49 PM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I try to repurpose older molds I enjoy. Sometimes one of the Scraplets lays claim. Now and then I run a giveaway. Sometimes I sell them but for dirt cheap because every collector starts somewhere and if I can help that, great. I try to be very fair about price.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #14
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Yup, A3U, Toy Traders, Metropolis Comics and Krypton Toys (here in the lower mainland) all offer some form of trade-in. But YMMV as they all will go through what you bring in and make you an offer for the items that they're interested in (IE think they can sell) and you get the rest back.

What sort of system does Metropolis Comics use? Store credit or cash? Also, what sort of value do those stores generally offer for trade-ins? My experience on this is somewhat limited, I have to say.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I have limited display space at home, so I just put the older figures in seal bags and seal containers. Secondly, I don't think it worth the money/time to repaint old Transformers figures, I rather spend my money/time on Gundam If I kitbash/paint. And for every once in a while, I may give one or two away to kids. Sometimes it's sad to see my piles that are mint, only transform once or twice the most, but then they are just there sitting in the box. I don't think I want to make the effort to sell them either, I tried and there weren't any responds even they are MISB.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 03-01-2020 at 09:55 PM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #16
Msol
Titanium

Lately I've just been giving them to my 4 year old. I'm still on the fence about buying ER Seekers though, so not too sure what I'm gonna do.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #17
joshimus
Metroplex

Sell what I can, donate what I cant sell, sometimes just donate because the hassle to sell is annoying and time consuming.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #18
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

As I've been going through this spat of "upgrades" "updates", I've been selling most of my earlier versions of certain characters in CHUG form. Some still go for decent amounts, others are close to worthless (looking at you Classics Grimlock).

The one area of toys I have yet to sell "old" versions of is the Prime Wars trilogy toys. I am still keeping all "old versions" of characters (albeit in storage not on display). I just really liked the Prime Wars Trilogy.

For Combiner Wars, I really liked the combiner wars aesthetic and toy quality and even though all of UW Convoy Grand Prime and UW Lynx Master have WFC trilogy upgrades in hand or announced I am still keeping them for now..

For Titans Return, I really liked the base and head master options so I still have Leader Soundwave and Leader Prime in storage... Even still have the triple change Prime and Megs although they may go on e-bay soon.

For POTP, I still have the big Leader Optimus, again, because I liked the aesthetic. And I even still have POTP Starscream... Even if I won't put them out since they don't scale with others.

But it's getting bad the number of "in storage" old versions that I may have to revisit... Hmm...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #19
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
As I've been going through this spat of "upgrades" "updates", I've been selling most of my earlier versions of certain characters in CHUG form. Some still go for decent amounts, others are close to worthless
Out of curiosity, which ones still go for decent amount?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #20
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

For me, I'm keeping my Optimus Primes, seekers and Takara generations Wheeljack. Love the style of the CHUG Seekers (they'll be left in jet mode), WfC video game ones in one display, Earthrise in my G1 display and Siege WfC in jet mode because Tetrajets.
Not sure what I'll do with my classics Prime and Siege WfC Prime but I'm leaving my WfC video game Prime with the others and then Earthrise with the G1 display.
As for Wheeljack, I'll probably leave him in vehicle mode as it's so nice and has beautiful paint

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote