Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think it's time to take a break from collecting?
I will NEVER STOP COLLECTING! 11 23.40%
I can stop or keep collecting, it doesn't matter. 28 59.57%
It's too much, i NEED a break. 8 17.02%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
Rev
Addict
Re: Taking breaks from collecting?

After 1987 I was out of transformers until I bought the reissue Prime. When was that? Early 2000's some time? I grabbed a bunch of those, lots of Armada, more Energon, and a good chunk of Cybertron. Then I took a major break shortly after MP01 came out and got back into it again about three years ago. I think I snagged a Transformers Prime RID Optimus Or something, just for old time's sake. Next thing I know I'm collecting the whole Prime line that I can find and discovering what became of the MP line during my absence. Wow! The Masterpiece line had come so far. I missed MP 10 and 11 but got in on MP 12 and onward, picking up Grimlock, Rodimus, and Hasbro Prime along the way. I also got into 3rd party stuff that was MP scaled, and MP and MP 3rd party scale is now my focus. I have grabbed some recent generations toys and while they are quite good I still don't love them. I did not buy a single TF4 figure. Not even evasion mode prime. I am, however, interested in the combiner wars stuff. Not sure why. Maybe because it is nice to go hunting, which when you collect MP Japaenese imports is a thrill that is lost.

As an aside, I've also recently started collecting Star Wars 6" Black Series and most recently Hot Wheels. I find these cheap and I like that I can find them in actual stores (sometimes).

Will I take a break? Hard to do with so many great MP coming out. I have thought about selling some toys, but I'm not there yet.

Last edited by Rev; 01-17-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #22
NeoMatter
Generation 1

I'm in the always collecting category. Transformers are not the only thing I collect. I collect Barbie, Hot Wheels, 1/6 scale figures (Sideshow, Phicen, DID, etc), coins, stamps, etc. I may take a break from one, only to shift to another. So it doesn't end for me.

Now I'm approaching the point where I need to clear some space. So I'll have to start looking into selling some items. At least the collectibles I plan on selling didn't depreciate much and I can get good money for it. Then I might do what some collectors do (1 collectible in, 1 collectible out). That would make my collection more manageable and provide steady funding for future collections.

Currently debating on whether to keep or sell Megazord MIB and Dragonzord with Green Ranger MIB. I've played with them once and back in the boxes they went. Never looked at them ever since and they're collecting a lot of dust.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:26 AM   #23
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Will I take a break? Hard to do with so many great MP coming out. I have thought about selling some toys, but I'm not there yet.
Exactly.

The official toys rythmn isn't all that bad either. Unlike 3P.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:34 AM   #24
supermanTF
Generation 2

I'm only collecting the things I really really want. I don't want to collect everything but I'm a purist - G1 only but I may branch out to 3P. The Fans Toys Dinobots looks amazing.
supermanTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #25
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I'm generally very selective on what I buy, so I naturally have breaks depending on what time of year it is. I also sell from my collection to partially fund new purchases.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #26
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

I love Transformers and the mecha/robot genre too much. But I do realize I need to calm down as some of my purchases cost me more than my budgets. Lulz.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #27
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Exactly.

The official toys rythmn isn't all that bad either. Unlike 3P.
This year I swore I would stick to the MP line. The spacing is usually every couple months and some figures can be had for $65 if imported from Japan. But Ido want to finish the FT Dinobots. Then of course there is Apollyon, and who doesn't want Megatron? And mirage is one of my favourites, so I need to get Invisible and invisible Invisible, and FT is coming out with Reflector and Perceptor and they are must haves.... Ummmm.... I think I have a problem.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #28
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

This hobby is indeed addicting, with so much good toys coming out every week, month, year, Its like its never gonna end. I keep telling myself that after this purchased Im gonna stop or lay down low from purchases. But every time I visited the forum and learn there something cool coming out I patiently wait for it & think twice if I really need it for my collection. sometimes just by visiting Value Village I can buy cheap stuff in there as well or even the sales thread here. Anyway IMO the name of the game should be patience, patience, & patience. Think it over & over if you really need the item or stream line a specific TF genre, stick to it so that your collection will look nice as well.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #29
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I am not taking a break, but I am certainly slowing down and refocusing my collection. G1 and Classics took up the majority of my collection and with classics showing no signs of slowing down I needed to make a decision on where I wanted my collection to go. I was dumping a lot money into classics, and not really feeling the enjoyment in them anymore. I love my G1 and the MP lines, and that is where I need stay. I am in the process of unloading my classics stuff and putting the money back into G1 and MP. I do have other lines I love, Animated and Prime, luckily those lines are complete (just missing Animated Blackout) so no need to worry about keeping up with them.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #30
zfarsh
Armada

I wanted to end my collection with the FT Dinos and MMC Seraph / Femmebots, but guess how well that went.... not well, and it keeps getting worse, a lot of new things keep slipping in as my final target toys will take forever to come!!!

Still, my final target is FT Grimlock....

Then, sleep mode

Not sure what to vote, it is too much, but I have to continue till I finish the FT Dinos X version.

Last edited by zfarsh; 01-19-2015 at 03:41 PM.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote