Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: When you realize you're about to make a mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I can't sell anything. I would have to be almost living on the street before I sold anything. I just feel if I need money there are a ton of ways to make it. And no matter how little space I have I have always managed to find more space.

I agree,

I still have most of the toys I had when I was a kid. I still keep everything that I have collected over the last 13 years. Even though I may not like it as much I will always hold on to it.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Selling off my TFs? I don't think I have the stuffs to do that Esp. for the vintage G1 stuffs. Don't want to regret my decision in the future.

Case in point: I let my parents packed my stuff when we were immigrating to Canada many years ago (I was away for college) and guess what? They dumped my whole Machine Robots collection! I almost have everyone of the original, vintage "MR" series from Japan (not the Gobots series), one MR vehicle transport, two exoskeleton combiner things (one w/ a red fighter bomber as the body and the other a blue tank), one vehicle combiner and a Machine Robots base/spaceship!

Not to mention all my cool Takara "Blockman" and vintage ZOIDs...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
Pascal
Banned

I decided to sell because I felt my collection was overwhelming and not focussed enough. I prefer to have less figures but of better quality (SOC, Yamato, CMS, etc.).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Well, I am coming back to Canada from Japan next year and i should have about 650 figs when I get them all together again...a collection that is far too unmanageable IMO...

I am probably gonna pare down to 250-350 if I can do it...getting rid of repaints and non-G1 inspired figs will be a priority I think... but it will be tough. I've always said that selling parts of my collection is like selling my children. However, it's easier to sell your uglier children (Armada/Energon) than your good looking ones (BT/Masterpiece)...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Anything I have been able to sell, so far has been the impulse buys. You know the things you THOUGHT you wanted, but after you got it the wow factor wasn't there. Other than that, I don't think I could bring myself to break up the rest.

Good for you though not rushing into selling something you might regret later.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I decided to sell because I felt my collection was overwhelming and not focussed enough. I prefer to have less figures but of better quality (SOC, Yamato, CMS, etc.).
That is true, having so many high quality figures doesn't help when you're working and need a "transformers" break to fiddle or let my mind drift.

So far I have almost 2 of each Alt (MISB and loose), 1 of each Binaltech and trying to get 2 of each Masterpiece (Loose and MISB), although I'm not really seeing the fun of it lately, at least not towards my wallet.

I'd rather have a few figures that I don't mind slowly getting wear 'n tear.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #17
Synch
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Well, I am coming back to Canada from Japan next year and i should have about 650 figs when I get them all together again...a collection that is far too unmanageable IMO...

I am probably gonna pare down to 250-350 if I can do it...getting rid of repaints and non-G1 inspired figs will be a priority I think... but it will be tough. I've always said that selling parts of my collection is like selling my children. However, it's easier to sell your uglier children (Armada/Energon) than your good looking ones (BT/Masterpiece)...
HEH! If I lived in japan between kamen riders & transformers & other goodies I think I'd have about ten times more junk than I do now
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #18
miasboytoy
Animated

i almost sold off my super rare red red faced, red hands and white legged/thighs g1 canadian version of slag. i even put it up on ebay for a bin of only $100. i was so glad that it didnt sell. i wouldve so regretted it. i eventually tracked down the other rare g1 canadian version of slag. the other version just had white legs/thighs. if you dunno what im talking about just check out my collection pix. youll see 3 versions of slag.

Last edited by miasboytoy; 12-05-2007 at 01:40 AM.
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #19
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Though I don't have any SOC's, Yamato,etc I totally agree with you Pascal. I decided to keep the Classics, Alts, MP's just cause they look cooler, more poseable, and more cartoon accurate than G1 stuff.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I used to collect too many things, Gundam, TMNT, Zoids, LotR Action Figures, Masters of the Universe... I even got into Digimon action figure collecting. I found dumping off 95% of those collections helped me in the long run to better appreciate my two mainstays, Transformers and GIJoe.

I got rid of a few TFs three or four years ago, but now I find I might want to get them back... For me I think Transformers is my one continuous Collection, unlike GIJoe or even Masters of the Universe which I'll admit a few pieces more would be nice to have I'll never stop collecting Transformers.

I have decided not to get into Animated and in fact have made plans to complete to my exacting specifications only the series I have already from G1 to the current Movie line. As a collector things just need to calm down... Of course if I was still actively collecting at the moment I might feel less inclined to go crazy with my displays.

Anyway, it's all up to what you want. Right now I have over 600 figures in fact it's closing in on 700 and yet I still want more, Transformers for me is fun, in a way not having any money right now has helped me to appreciate what I've got more, but in some cases I still get the urge to blurt out my major Wants lists when I'm eyeballing my collection.
I could never part with them, even if it meant having a grand in the bank for the whole collection, I'd regret it way too much, even if I dumped off everything I'm still hoarding in certain respects from all other collections including the vaunted Star Wars figures I've kept I could never bring myself to part with Transformers.
They have constantly fueled my imagination, even as late as 16 I was actively playing with them, that's how I lost a couple missiles. And even if I do manage to get the best damn job imaginable with enough yearly income to finish off every single series from G1-Movie/Universe/Classics 2.0 I wouldn't dare get rid of them because I still have great plans... For starters there's the massive display room I want to build to make it look like a cross between Earth and Cybertron. (The shelves, not the room itself.) Not to mention the possiblity of more great Fanfics that could be born.

Uh, so yeah, selling off Transformers, not going to happen. Everything else is fair game maybe eventually, after all for me, it's always been about More Then Meets the Eye.