Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #31
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine
Re: operation make peace tfcon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Ahaha what

You say you don't give her crap for being a charitable person who cares about the suffering of animals and compare that to a grown man buying children's toys for himself?

I mean there is NOTHING glamorous about an animal shelter, it's not like it's some great luxury to be there

Compare this to structuring your life around the search for and collection of plastic robots

Are you even thinking?

I think all the time, thanks for asking.

I case you do not know, I also have a job, I do not structure my life around the collection of plastic robots. I just run off to the local Wal-Mart and TRU before or after my workouts.

And not that it is any of your business, I run a choir that raises money for charity. Two weeks ago we raised a fair bit of money for a centre for mentally handicapped people. And I am heavily involved in my political party. I actually do something positive for society. So I don't take too kindly of standing accused of being a self-centered jackass whose only concern is for amassing toys.

You wholly missed my point, but that doesn't matter. I am finished with this discussion.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #32
Autobot_Lancer
Robot in Disguise

I like this idea, as much as my gf doesn't mind me collecting well she does get sick of hearing about it. This would be good for her so she can get out and go do something and no be board to tears by me nerding out. This will be my first tfcon well providing the funds look good at that time, and I want to take it all in.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #33
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
it's more of a way of saying thanks to the women in our lives who put up with us for pretty much the whole year,listening to us talk about tf's,buying tf's,upcoming tf's,etc.
But, but, I thought that what Valentines was for!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #34
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking View Post
For some to come in here and spout off stuff like "immature" and "baby sitting"....seriously? WTF?

I just don't understand the mentality of folks some times.

Whats wrong with a couple of guys getting together, pooling some loot, getting a charter bus/limo whatever you wanna call it, make sure the wives have extra spending money, and sending them on a days event, with other women that have the same thing in common, without worrying about having to drive, getting lost, parking, gas, whatever....??

Self center much?...

This is a suggestion thread for those that are interested in doing such a thing. If you aren't interested in this, or feel that your other is a "big girl" and "don't need no play-date" planned, why even waste your time, and mine, by posting here?
Please. Don't put floppy ears on a pig and try to convince me its a puppy. Posting "my wife is awesome and I want to do something nice for her and all the other girls" is so not what was originally posted. The subtext of this entire thread was and is insulting.

EC
Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #35
plowking
wanna be Canadian

EC, lets see, you were not at TFCon this year, if you were, I didn't see you. I know for a FACT that you WERE NOT involved in the convo Chans and I had there at TFCon talking about this.

So for you to come in here, and lay out insults about our wives, and to make it out like this thread is for anything other than to offer something nice for our significant others to do while they are there just displays the ignorance on your behalf....if its so insulting to you, why do you keep coming back to it?....you like being insulted?

Since you have nothing positive to add, why don't you go into that dark room where your cardboard is....K?

WAIT!...issa wobot anna twuck?!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #36
The Ark
The Original Scalper.

Honestly, are you people so completely devoid of meaning or stimulation in your life that you have to go picking fights online and hide behind a thin vale of supposedly intended sexism. This thread was intended as a means of improving the Toronto experience for those with limited interest in TFCon, and you've turned into a pissing match over who's significant other has more tolerance for the TF collector. I personally know Chans as well as his wife, and I understand exactly what was intended in this thread. Despite the fact that we are all connected by a fascination with toys, you have proven just how childish you are. In closing grow the fuck up!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #37
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl View Post
I think all the time, thanks for asking.

I case you do not know, I also have a job, I do not structure my life around the collection of plastic robots. I just run off to the local Wal-Mart and TRU before or after my workouts.

And not that it is any of your business, I run a choir that raises money for charity. Two weeks ago we raised a fair bit of money for a centre for mentally handicapped people. And I am heavily involved in my political party. I actually do something positive for society. So I don't take too kindly of standing accused of being a self-centered jackass whose only concern is for amassing toys.

You wholly missed my point, but that doesn't matter. I am finished with this discussion.

If you're so concerned about your moral high ground try not to make yourself look like an ass

Too bad you already did
Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnragedCoconut View Post
Please. Don't put floppy ears on a pig and try to convince me its a puppy. Posting "my wife is awesome and I want to do something nice for her and all the other girls" is so not what was originally posted. The subtext of this entire thread was and is insulting.

EC

ok....the main gist of this thread is a way for some of us to say thank you.
i may or may not have worded it properly but please don't take it in the wrong way to the ninth degree

nobody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
not saying this to be a bad guy but if you don't agree with this thread,why do you keep posting such negativity in it?
just don't click it and be done with it.

alot of us "do" actually feel guilty for pretty much ditching them come tfcon time.
maybe not intentionally but ditching non the less.

i've personally witnessed on many occassions at tfcon where person "a" finally meets with person "b",only to watch poor person "a" get chewed out by person "b",along the lines of "you were suppossed to be here at this time".
person "a" then replies "but honey,it was a long line up to get so and so to sign this or that".

lo and behold,if the person we care about is on a trip somewhere having fun with other new friends,
person "a" is now free to take as much time is needed without sweating bullets and feeling guilty waiting in line to get an autograph.

like logicalprowl says,it's give and take.
this thread is meant to be more "give" than take for once
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #39
Protoman
The Legend

Call me an ass, but the woman in your life knew what she was getting herself into when she went to a convention dedicated to ones hobby.

I know if the role was reversed and it was some clothing or bag convention, if I closed my eyes for 5 seconds, then opened them, she would be GONE.

I rather not be a part of this "Thanking them" thing cause honestly, it's not about giving the dog a bone, it's about respect and it would lean both ways. Anime North is more or less Sandy's convention cause I don't really have anything to buy/enjoy there. So I hang out with the boys and don't ask much more outside of FOOD. Patience, respect, understanding.... no rewards, no tricks, that's how I roll.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 08-29-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #40
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I kinda skimmed all the past comments...and um, I won't counter comment. Instead I'll just answer the original question/post and say...

"that's a pretty good idea, Chans".

My wife comes every year, and although she does ok with it, it can be a challenging weekend for her. We have two kids, one 6, one 3.5, and we try to make it a 'family weekend' but its really tough and chaotic at times.

We have considered 'just me' going, but we also like the getaway. The kids love the pool, so we try to make the best of it. (does the new location have a hotel/pool?)

So bringing in a bus or something so the girls can go to the SPA is really, really cool. The one little trick would be, what about the kids? Chans, you have a young one, right?

I could probably take the kids while the ladies are out...my kids LOVE the dealer room, but the timing of all this is pretty key 'cause I don't want to miss out on those awesome panels and early deals/opportunities in the dealer room. ;-)
Closed Thread