Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions
Metroplex 3p Additions

So I recently acquired a Hasbro Metroplex.

I havent put on the stickers yet, not sure if I will as they seem kind of chintzy...

I am just looking for some opinions on the best 3p upgrade or upgrades.

Interested in your thoughts on making him more g1 or more IDW.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Metroplex 3p Additions

B&A Six Sigma is a must. I also like the look of IronFactory, or whatever they are called, their version of Slammer and SixGun.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Just yesterday a preorder was announced for a third party Sixgun and Slammer. Both are around $60 instead of the $100 for the previously released Sixgun but much smaller.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I don't see any good add-on yet for Metroplex. Again, IDW Metroplex is so big, you can use lots of small tfs and create your own add-on.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
Wheeljack Off
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
B&A Six Sigma is a must. I also like the look of IronFactory, or whatever they are called, their version of Slammer and SixGun.
Why is six sigma a must??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Just yesterday a preorder was announced for a third party Sixgun and Slammer. Both are around $60 instead of the $100 for the previously released Sixgun but much smaller.
So which size is more appropriate and why?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Get the Reprolabels set for him. It may take a couple days to put on properly, but they look great!

Also I recommend the X2 Toys XT004 Interceptor add on gun. You can see my review of it here.

I got it cheap off an eBay seller, but you can also find it at TFSource and I'm sure other online retailers.

Below is a pic of my Metroplex all Repro'd up and with the add on gun.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-29_19-25-43_517-1.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	24928  

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 08-02-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

sigma six from before and after is amazing. He is the best classics version of G1 sixgun. He is huge, his head reaches metroplexs knee guards. He also becomes a near perfect version of the guns metroplex came with back in G1 and he also comes with the little tank slammer too that becomes sixguns gun. The quality of the build is incredible, no issues whatsoever. He is a definite must have for anyone with a metroplex.

Bens collectables review of sigma six.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqPBfmkCMY

heres how he scales with metroplex.

stay away from the TFC sixgun as he is inferior and garbage haha. he is alot smaller and for some reason uses the rage of Hercules upgrade arms as his arms haha, looks terrible.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 08-01-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
Wheeljack Off
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Get the Reprolabels set for him. It may take a couple days to put on properly, but they look great!

Also I recommend the X2 Toys XT004 Interceptor add on gun. You can see my review of it here.

I got it cheap off an eBay seller, but you can also find it at TFSource and I'm sure other online retailers.

Below is a pic of my Metroplex all Repro'd up and with the add on gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
sigma six from before and after is amazing. He is the best classics version of G1 sixgun. He is huge, his head reaches metroplexs knee guards. He also becomes a near perfect version of the guns metroplex came with back in G1 and he also comes with the little tank slammer too that becomes sixguns gun. The quality of the build is incredible, no issues whatsoever. He is a definite must have for anyone with a metroplex.

Bens collectables review of sigma six.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqPBfmkCMY

stay away from the TFC sixgun as he is inferior and garbage haha. he is alot smaller and for some reason uses the rage of Hercules upgrade arms as his arms haha, looks terrible.
That's good insight from both of you...thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I would not recommend putting on the stock stickers. I did this on some one else's and they're low quality and also mislabeled. Reprolabels and Eness (sold by Uncle Billy) are better options but not cheap. Repro is the best bang for the buck IMO. One day I might go for it.

For add ons, there's three here. I don't think the last one was mentioned, Unique Toys Metropolis kit. Have no idea if it's any good. I personally think Plex is awesome the way it is.

One thing I would recommend though, not sure if you have any WSTs in your collection, but Metroplex was made to be displayed with WSTs, especially the WST Hot Rod. Also, Robot Heroes G1 Collection looks awesome with him too. I've been meaning to set up a scene with them.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Wheeljack Off
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I would not recommend putting on the stock stickers. I did this on some one else's and they're low quality and also mislabeled. Reprolabels and Eness (sold by Uncle Billy) are better options but not cheap. Repro is the best bang for the buck IMO. One day I might go for it.

For add ons, there's three here. I don't think the last one was mentioned, Unique Toys Metropolis kit. Have no idea if it's any good. I personally think Plex is awesome the way it is.

One thing I would recommend though, not sure if you have any WSTs in your collection, but Metroplex was made to be displayed with WSTs, especially the WST Hot Rod. Also, Robot Heroes G1 Collection looks awesome with him too. I've been meaning to set up a scene with them.
Nice one.
I had never heard of Eness or uncle billy...by saying that the reprolabels set is best bang for buck, does that mean that in your opinion, the eness set is better, albeit more expensive?

Is Eness like a higher end reprolabels or more of a similar quality?

Having one gun doesn't bother you?

I don't have any WST except for Jazz but I do have a ton of legends and kabaya.

Actually really stoked with how my Kabaya collection works with him.

I am pretty lenient as far as scale goes though.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 08-01-2014 at 03:38 PM.