Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Number of decepticons to number of Autobots ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
That said, Transformers are one of the relatively few major product lines out there in which the bad guy toys are as widespread as they are, and sell as well as they do - only in a select few other franchises, such as Mobile Suit Gundam, is this also the case.
Although the good guys might be outsale those bad guys as result, they are different reasons in behind.

For Gundam, it depends on the specific pilot, and the side of the main characters. It usually indicates how super the pilot's skills, talent, and fighting spirit to be able to defeat the messy enemies by numbers. like Heero

Transformers is more like the another story that most of the characters are valuable and distinct personalities. From TFA, we always see autobat need to use group strategy to defeat one Decepticon like Blizwing. And Sentinal Prime can not even fight one on one....Autobot are more into the team fight than Decepticons.

Also, the ratio was designed by the original Autobots in its planet and the Decepticons are the invaders. I guess it makes scene that Decepticons should have less number but more violent, while some messy small Autobots are peaceful without any fire power as "residents".
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

been awhile since ive seen the original movie or i dont remember where i saw or read it. but wasnt it said somewhere that the decepticons were more or less the battle type of bots and the autobots were more like fixers etc. so yes the decepticons were alot stronger/ better weapons etc etc.

hence why the decepticons are more baddass. like the opening scene on the arch where how many autobots get killed in the original movie.

wish i could remember where i saw/read this but it is really ringing a bell.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
Beechy
The Veteran.

The Ark wasn't in the movie. It was just a ship.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
For Gundam, it depends on the specific pilot, and the side of the main characters. It usually indicates how super the pilot's skills, talent, and fighting spirit to be able to defeat the messy enemies by numbers. like Heero
Well, bear in mind that there are series with effective 'character' mobile suits for the bad guys, too.

For example, season 2 of Gundam 00 has

SPOILER

the Gadessa, Garazzo, Gaddess, Masurao/Susanoo, Arche Gundam and Reborn Cannon/Gundam

as well as the 'grunt' suits you see in that series.

Of course, the 'good guy' suits are still the most popular, but the other side isn't too badly off, either.

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #15
TFtoys
Animated

that's why they are more baddy than the good GN site if only consider those 4 main gundam are the goody. But ususally the good gundam can play solo fight or 1 to many.

The thing with gundam's faces are too similiar and usually with regular size and package. Some collectors actually like the enemy design.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #16
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
Some collectors actually like the enemy design.
Like the enemy designs? I love them. They show the most creativity in any series. I like how they show influences from other Sci-fi series.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
TFtoys
Animated

Enemies/baddy are very unique, indeed. Sometimes I am just tired off all gundam looks but not their armors/accessories.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
Nightshade83

I'm just thankful that the Decepticons get almost just as much characterization as the Autobots in most fiction. That's one of the things I like most about the franchise - we get to see both sides of the story with the better series, like G1, Beast Wars and Animated.

Decepticons? I've survived Unicron AND being a Headmaster ... TO A WHINY LITTLE HUMAN BRAT!!!

My Transformers fanfiction: Vapour Trails ,
Prayer
Devart page: http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #19
spikex
Generation 1

In g1, at least, most of the decepticons had very war like vehicle modes. Such as jets, guns, tanks, giant towering dinosaurs. While the autobots had vehicle modes more likened to, well, vehicles. Just because of the fact that they mostly turned into cars and trucks, they would need superior numbers to win the day, just like hasbro planned all along... excellent...
spikex is offline   Reply With Quote