Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #21
Bruticus
B&K Collectables
Re: Sending Payment Through PayPal As Gift

The issue you are having is derived from the location of the Recipient and method of payment.

Paypal will send money, via gift, from you to anyone in the world. If you use a credit card to fund the money, there will be a fee, no matter what; this INCLUDES VISA Debit Cards. If you are using Paypal Balance or a bank account to fund it, then the fee is determined on location... If the Recipient's Paypal account information (that you can't see) says that they are located in the same country as you, then there will be no fee. If they are in a different country, then there will be a fee of up to 2% to complete the transaction.

Example: If I send $200 to Slayback as a gift, I will pay $0 fees cause we are both in Canada. If I send the same $200 to Alucard77, I will pay a $2 fee cause he is in the USA.

Of course, you need to be careful of this as some people have 2 different Paypal accounts, one linked to a USD account and one to a CAD account. The USD account could be registered to a US address, which would bring these fees, even though the person is located in Canada.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760

Last edited by Bruticus; 04-12-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #22
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Sending Payment Through PayPal As Gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
The issue you are having is derived from the location of the Recipient and method of payment.

Paypal will send money, via gift, from you to anyone in the world. If you use a credit card to fund the money, there will be a fee, no matter what; this INCLUDES VISA Debit Cards. If you are using Paypal Balance or a bank account to fund it, then the fee is determined on location... If the Recipient's Paypal account information (that you can't see) says that they are located in the same country as you, then there will be no fee. If they are in a different country, then there will be a fee of up to 2% to complete the transaction.

Example: If I send $200 to Slayback as a gift, I will pay $0 fees cause we are both in Canada. If I send the same $200 to Alucard77, I will pay a $2 fee cause he is in the USA.

Of course, you need to be careful of this as some people have 2 different Paypal accounts, one linked to a USD account and one to a CAD account. The USD account could be registered to a US address, which would bring these fees, even though the person is located in Canada.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Dan, this makes sense.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote