Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #51
Grayfox
Crossover
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I have absolutely no experience with Northmen, but from his replies here, he has explained the circumstances in a mature way, and explained his policies that are under attack, and I honestly don't see anything that would make me judgemental towards his store and should he have something that would interest me, I don't believe that anything said in this thread would stop me from making a purchase with this store.

Just my two cents, which I expect to be attacked for, as lately in here, it seems to be the way things are.
^^^^ THIS x1000

And I say this as one of those customers who has had Swoop, Ricochet and a few other toys on pre-order over at Northmen for the same length of time. This will be my first order from there (If the figures ever materialize hehe).

His store policies are what they are. I knew them before pre-ordering. I am certainly disappointed that I have not yet gotten what I paid for like everyone else who ordered (I'm sure the owner is as well), but again, I have no right to bitch.

For now, I am keeping my preorders in the hopes that they be stocked at some point. The sooner the better, of course. On the other hand, I can understand those who have become tired of waiting. I myself blame Hasbro as I'm pretty sure any store owner with good sense would get the stock in asap to get revenue or wouldn't offer pre-orders for items that are not ordered from the distributor. that's just a shit-show waiting to happen.

Side note; Northmen (the owner) will not recognize me I don't think, but I have interacted multiple times with him over on reddit in the past in some toy discussions and while I can't say anything about his store customer communications having had no experience there, I can say he appeared as a pretty good guy.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #52
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
because he failed to deliver
More like his distributor failed him.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:10 PM   #53
joshimus
Metroplex

Anyone that preorders and doesn't read the rules before accepting a preorder is their own worst enemy.
I guarantee you a store wants their preorder stock to arrive since stores are designed to, wait for it, SELL product.
I don't know what is taking him so long to get stock so cant comment on that but I waited for an item from ages3&up for over a year. Granted by the time it came in I didn't care about the figure anymore and I got a credit towards the site and used it. Shit happens, but stores that take preorders tend to want their stuff to come in as much as you do.

Sideshowtoys has their NRD (non-refundable deposit in case you are wondering) as well. Usually about 25.00usd, but generally not refundable if you cancel an item. It's on the preorder screen, I accepted the terms, i've even cancelled a few items and took that hit that I agreed to. It's not their fault I cancelled.

If he has a preorder policy cancellation with a restocking fee, you agreed to those terms. YOU did that. He didn't force you, no arm twisting. You made a choice, things didnt work out so you can either
A: Be patient and wait
b: Accept the cancellation fee and move on. Hell, him offering it as a credit isn't that bad either.

If this is the worst thing you have to deal with all day, you're doing pretty good.

I've never dealt with him either but again, if you are a first time buyer or a returning customer, know the rules.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:33 PM   #54
Baryonyx
Armada

And be aware that this guy can't deliver and will put you on blast if you point it out.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:24 AM   #55
tz101
Machine War

I can’t understand why this Northman guy won’t refund the money. Eight months is flat out ridiculous. What a joke lol
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:39 AM   #56
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #57
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

The item is very late, and not arriving when promised. Northmen collectables knows that and it is a valid reason for cancelling. And yet when someone asks to cancel it, they say they didnt give a proper reason and thus they keep that fee. You know why he's cancelling!
Thanks for letting me know of this, there's enough places around that I can ignore this one.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #58
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that a store that deals in paid preorders is really dealing in trust -- that is, the trust of the customer that the store is going to fulfill its commitment to deliver the product at the expected release date.

When the store can't meet its obligations, blames the supplier for a product being late, and refuses a full refund to a customer who has waited beyond a reasonable time frame and has a valid reason to complain, why should anyone trust the store? You want a full paid preorder but you're passing 100% of the risk and liability to the customer. I don't see the added value when there are other options.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #59
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that a store that deals in paid preorders is really dealing in trust -- that is, the trust of the customer that the store is going to fulfill its commitment to deliver the product at the expected release date.

When the store can't meet its obligations, blames the supplier for a product being late, and refuses a full refund to a customer who has waited beyond a reasonable time frame and has a valid reason to complain, why should anyone trust the store? You want a full paid preorder but you're passing 100% of the risk and liability to the customer. I don't see the added value when there are other options.
Good summary. The buyer made the purchase in good faith and showed more good faith. The seller should take it up with the supplier.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #60
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Anyone that preorders and doesn't read the rules before accepting a preorder is their own worst enemy.
I guarantee you a store wants their preorder stock to arrive since stores are designed to, wait for it, SELL product.
I don't know what is taking him so long to get stock so cant comment on that but I waited for an item from ages3&up for over a year. Granted by the time it came in I didn't care about the figure anymore and I got a credit towards the site and used it. Shit happens, but stores that take preorders tend to want their stuff to come in as much as you do.

Sideshowtoys has their NRD (non-refundable deposit in case you are wondering) as well. Usually about 25.00usd, but generally not refundable if you cancel an item. It's on the preorder screen, I accepted the terms, i've even cancelled a few items and took that hit that I agreed to. It's not their fault I cancelled.

If he has a preorder policy cancellation with a restocking fee, you agreed to those terms. YOU did that. He didn't force you, no arm twisting. You made a choice, things didnt work out so you can either
A: Be patient and wait
b: Accept the cancellation fee and move on. Hell, him offering it as a credit isn't that bad either.

If this is the worst thing you have to deal with all day, you're doing pretty good.

I've never dealt with him either but again, if you are a first time buyer or a returning customer, know the rules.
I'm almost always on the sellers side but 8 months ?.. unreasonable...if the store cancels do they give you extra money to buy it in on the secondary market ?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote