Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #71
hellasixshot
Mini-Con
Re: Trailer for G.I Joe Retaliation

I think everyone forgot the scene when she's taking off her dress and getting changed talking about her dad...when she tried to rise in the ranks quickly so he would salute her instead...but he died before she could out rank him ?!
hellasixshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #72
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Yeah, I did not really dig him in that role. I think a bad skit is a good description of it.

For me the bad skit was the whole movie. I was very disapointed and really didn't like the movie at all nor did the wife and she only went for the Rock, oh well at least I found some TF's at WM around the corner.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #73
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I just saw it this afternoon. Not totally disappointed, liked it but kinda wished they had used Destro and not killed off Zartan. Those nanites didn't seem to work very well on stab injuries! Well not as well as slash injuries as he demonstrated for the prez. And what/where is the Baroness? She was on the aircraft carrier undergoing treatment to remove the nanites at the end of ROC. FINALLY Cobra Commander got is mask and helmet!!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #74
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Somehow I'd have preferred Charlie Adler voicing Cobra Commander like he did in G.I. Joe: Resolute.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #75
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

2nd biggest March movie opening on record, $131 million global take. GI Joe 3 greenlit.

Looks like the delay/3D was the right call.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #76
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I dunno. It made slightly less in its opening weekend than ROC did. If it now suffers from the usual 60% drop off it ticket sales from week 1 to week 2 its going to be really hard pressed not to fade into obscurity.

Another Sequel is good news of course. I hope for better things.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #77
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I too was a bit pissed about Destro, but apparently in this universe anyone can come back from the dead, so I have to assume that he will be back in the third.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #78
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Tomax and Xamot for GIJoe 3 please.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #79
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I too was a bit pissed about Destro, but apparently in this universe anyone can come back from the dead, so I have to assume that he will be back in the third.
I'm sure Major Bludd rescued him in time

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #80
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Marvel's Joe Comics killed off characters all the time, if you'll recall, hell the first film alone had the gall to allow Zartan to stick a knife through Cover Girl's chest, she was gone before the big action scenes of the movie practically.

I don't mind deaths, much like with Transformers live action anything can be retconned. An example being that we could still see the entire first cast of RoC show up with some convient story where they avoided Cobra, but Roadblock's unit got to the battle first while Hawk was cautioning patience before attempting to strike against the Commander.

Things happen you know, a lot of the reasons why the main cast didn't show up between the two films if memory serves was because of rushing to get the Sequel made by Hollywood, you know while the actors of the previous films had other commitments to deal with... Or something like that.

Anyway, I really don't have that much to say against the film. I enjoyed it, I think really the only things that could have improved it were a few minor throwaway lines that were missing.

In RoC we got that shout out to Yo Joe! In this film, with Cobra predominante I was kinda hoping to hear some of the faceless troopers shouting out COBRA during the battle, you know. Or at least have CC Utter his famous catchphrase when everything starts going south, you know, Cobra Retreat!

Not much, it would have been fun. Oh well, perhaps for the third.