Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #91
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Siege Jetfire is in stock @ TRU

Ih my God I just found siege jetfire and it's small for $120+tax
Compared to mpm megs
Which is not priced fair
So disappointing
For such a hype
Thought it was bigger for ultra class
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #92
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Well, it belongs to the new Commander class not Ultra...

And it is big compare to most Siege figures even the Leaders, only dwarfed by the upcoming Omega.

And I only paid $81 + tax for mine so it is worth it!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #93
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Well, it belongs to the new Commander class not Ultra...

And it is big compare to most Siege figures even the Leaders, only dwarfed by the upcoming Omega.
Sorry had a brain fart on what to call him commander class still way small for the price.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #94
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Compared to mpm megs
Which is not priced fair
So disappointing
For such a hype
how do you even compare the 11 inch tall $120 siege Jetfire with 12 inch tall $220 MPM8? they are both big bots i suppose.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:53 PM   #95
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Compared to mpm megs
Which is not priced fair
So disappointing
For such a hype
Many got it during the 20% sale, which brought it in the 80-90$ range, much more acceptable, but still, compared to a lot of similar sized figures from 10-15 years ago, it's easily a good 30-40% more. As such large figures used to be around the 60$ range, and taking for example the gigantic Power Ranger base that was 150$ but ended up on liquidation for 30$ last year, and is easily 3 to 4 times the size and mass of plastic, and I'm sure that they still made money on it.

That said, once you have him in hand, put it next to the combiners that were around the 150$ range per set, he actually is more massive, taller, and a much better plastic, so while I wish that he would be cheaper in price, he's actually far from being the worst scenario.

For me, it's the same as most of the Siege line, I do not regret getting them, but I regret that they costed more than I should have paid. I managed to get a few on sales, missed the sales for others, but for this figure and Omega, I'm very glad that I did manage to get them on that 20% sale.

I know that some members stated that they will hold off for the Black Friday sale, but as there's absolutely no way to ensure that you can get them, I'd rather get them now than risk and miss out as this Siege line has been the one line that managed to pull me in.

After a few more, there's going to be AstroTrain, but beyond that, I'm not sure what figures will come out with the ability to draw me in, I'll have to see, but I've never spent as much, gotten so many from a single line as Siege.

But for this figure, he is a very nice figure... not perfect as that would have been simply amazing, but good enough to be a must-have for me.

And note that if you were to go outside of the Transformer lines, such as Bandai, or even Takara's other lines, or even 3rd parties stuff, 120$ is in the very cheap lines/figures that are much smaller than this, heck I can't even think of anything that is this big in other lines, so I'd have to extrapolate that such a figure under another series, would probably be 400-600$ for something this big and massive. The only figure that comes to mind would be the various Omega Supreme and those are in the 500+$ range. Note that I'm NOT justifying the price here, just giving you some comparisons of why such toys are so freaking expensive now.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-13-2019 at 12:03 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:20 AM   #96
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Many got it during the 20% sale, which brought it in the 80-90$ range, much more acceptable, but still, compared to a lot of similar sized figures from 10-15 years ago, it's easily a good 30-40% more. As such large figures used to be around the 60$ range, and taking for example the gigantic Power Ranger base that was 150$ but ended up on liquidation for 30$ last year, and is easily 3 to 4 times the size and mass of plastic, and I'm sure that they still made money on it.

That said, once you have him in hand, put it next to the combiners that were around the 150$ range per set, he actually is more massive, taller, and a much better plastic, so while I wish that he would be cheaper in price, he's actually far from being the worst scenario.

For me, it's the same as most of the Siege line, I do not regret getting them, but I regret that they costed more than I should have paid. I managed to get a few on sales, missed the sales for others, but for this figure and Omega, I'm very glad that I did manage to get them on that 20% sale.

I know that some members stated that they will hold off for the Black Friday sale, but as there's absolutely no way to ensure that you can get them, I'd rather get them now than risk and miss out as this Siege line has been the one line that managed to pull me in.

After a few more, there's going to be AstroTrain, but beyond that, I'm not sure what figures will come out with the ability to draw me in, I'll have to see, but I've never spent as much, gotten so many from a single line as Siege.

But for this figure, he is a very nice figure... not perfect as that would have been simply amazing, but good enough to be a must-have for me.

And note that if you were to go outside of the Transformer lines, such as Bandai, or even Takara's other lines, or even 3rd parties stuff, 120$ is in the very cheap lines/figures that are much smaller than this, heck I can't even think of anything that is this big in other lines, so I'd have to extrapolate that such a figure under another series, would probably be 400-600$ for something this big and massive. The only figure that comes to mind would be the various Omega Supreme and those are in the 500+$ range. Note that I'm NOT justifying the price here, just giving you some comparisons of why such toys are so freaking expensive now.
I'm not saying I won't get him
I'm just shocked at how small the packaging is for such a figure that's my opinion.
Maybe once I have him out of box might be a different story but from what I saw not so into getting just yet.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 AM   #97
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

While not really MP class, Siege Jetfire is very well designed, engineered and made. Haven’t seen something like this for a while. Don’t just look at the box and size.

I’d admit I got it cheaper which sweetened the deal but I could have paid regular retail. The next great Jetfire, FT Phoenix, is at least double.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #98
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
I'm not saying I won't get him
I'm just shocked at how small the packaging is for such a figure that's my opinion.
Maybe once I have him out of box might be a different story but from what I saw not so into getting just yet.
Well, the box is something that for once, they did NOT give this figure an oversized box, so maybe since we are so used to a huge display type box to make the figures look bigger, it's throwing you off... as the figure and accessories are taking the whole space but no extra space.

Personally I was glad to not see a plastic coffin inner shell as they are such a waste of plastic, I wish that all TF would come this way from.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #99
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

$10 online sale at TRU right now, apply the coupon code and get him for $10 less.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #100
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
$10 online sale at TRU right now, apply the coupon code and get him for $10 less.
TRU.CA took Siege Jetfire off the site. I presume it's because of this $10 off over $60 deal they have going on now.
The only Jetfire I can find there is the little Cyberverse Spark Armor version.