Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #21
Nullray
IGC
Re: 3RD Party Wants and Question Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post
I want the 3rd party people to start getting their stuff to us for better pricing. I'm sick of paying 100 bucks minimum per figure, then paying tax and shipping on it.

After hearing the crazy mark up on the Warbotron figures I'm beginning to think the retailers are gouging us pretty hard.
The intentions of this thread is not to discuss the financial aspects of the third party items but to allow for creativity along with potential questions of wanted character releases that people would love to see come to pass. TFCon is around the corner and I suggest you direct your concerns to them properly this year. Its a truely valid question but lets keep this positive. There are already alot of financial based threads already.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #22
CKWG
Masterpiece

Whatever happened to that Igear Impactor? I still want that.

Otherwise, we need 3P to do stuff that Takara/Hasbro is unlikely to touch like an MP Deathsaurus to go with the upcoming MP Star Saber. Basically most of the 1987 and beyond that is unlikely to be done by official companies would be good ideas, Targetmasters, Powermasters, Abominus, Raiden and Liokaiser would be cool.

An upscale Astrotain and Octane voyager would be nice to go with the other Hasbro voyager triple changers.

Trypticon and SkyLynx would be some of the few pre-rebirth G1s that don't have an official nor 3p update yet.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:19 AM   #23
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I wanna see a Scrounge done up in the datadisc style, to go with my Generations Blaster.

I'm also interested in pre-TF's getting made, such as beet papil, that unreleased triple changer, etc. How about some more Gobots, only in a smaller scale (cyberverse-deluxe range).

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
The intentions of this thread is not to discuss the financial aspects of the third party items but to allow for creativity along with potential questions of wanted character releases that people would love to see come to pass. TFCon is around the corner and I suggest you direct your concerns to them properly this year. Its a truely valid question but lets keep this positive. There are already alot of financial based threads already.
I disagree, the title says Wants and questions thread, well I want cheaper prices and my question is why can't we have them.

It's as relevant as any other post anyone else has made.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #25
F4l4nx
Machine War

Quote:
I want the 3rd party people to start getting their stuff to us for better pricing. I'm sick of paying 100 bucks minimum per figure, then paying tax and shipping on it.

After hearing the crazy mark up on the Warbotron figures I'm beginning to think the retailers are gouging us pretty hard.
Then save yourself the headache and don't buy them, pretty simple actually. Any specialized thing, in any hobby is generally alot more expensive.
F4l4nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #26
Longshot
Pretender

Quote:

Actually it's pretty difficult. The 3rd parties produce small quantities, do the design, engineering, the materials are usually better and of course they need to make a profit resulting in higher prices. For a 3rd party to bring prices down would mean a compromise to one if not most of the above stated reasons.
Hasbro, on the other hand doesn't just do Transformers, their other properties help each other out during lean times for any particular line and because they produce such large quantities they can get away with pricing some of their items at a lower price point. Imagine what a YotH Optimus Prime would cost if a 3rd party did it instead of Hasbro?

Last edited by Longshot; 04-16-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #27
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Not true. Warbotron was able to sell Air Burst to general retailers for $51 and BBTS bought each unit for less. The mark up on Airbusrt is over 100%. We can see toys go down in price (just look at MMC and MI) but we, as a community, need to stop supporting stores that are trying to take advantage of the community and their wallets. BBTS and Warbotron should see a boycott in a perfect world but it won't. Never do I want to see anyone in this community complain about Walmart again because this situation is the same thing, just in its infancy.

All the number info has been flaoting around FB for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Actually it's pretty difficult. The 3rd parties produce small quantities, do the design, engineering, the materials are usually better and of course they need to make a profit resulting in higher prices. For a 3rd party to bring prices down would mean a compromise to one if not most of the above stated reasons.
Hasbro, on the other hand doesn't just do Transformers, their other properties help each other out during lean times for any particular line and because they produce such large quantities they can get away with pricing some of their items at a lower price point. Imagine what a YotH Optimus Prime would cost if a 3rd party did it instead of Hasbro?