Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #11
Cerebros
Generation 2
Re: US Prices Revealed for Power of the Primes at TRU Shows they Keep some TLK Prices

Takara it is then! lol
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 AM   #12
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: US Prices Revealed for Power of the Primes at TRU Shows they Keep some TLK Prices

Yikes. This, if it turns out to be true, will really make my wallet cry. I was cautiously hoping that the price hike was only a movie thing since its figures received fancier packaging and that "Premier Edition" labeling, but the notion that this is going to become a new standard pricing practice for future lines really sucks. Well, I suppose I'll just be in PotP for Abominus (partly because I love the Terrorcons and partly to pit my Computron against his rival) and maybe Predaking, but that heavily depends on the engineering, accessories, and articulation of the Predacons. If it's anything like the Constructicons, then forget it. I briefly flirted with the idea of getting the Dinobots, but if we have to pay those prices, I'll probably just decide to do without them.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #13
TRUCKvsGUN

I wonder if it would help to start a campaign to get people to contact Hasbro and complain about their new MSRPs.

They went and lowered Hascon admission after all the flak they got for it, after all.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #14
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

Hopefully these will show up in store since Toys R Us is going to close a bunch of stores soon. Hasbro and Mattel and other toy companies will not be shipping a lot to them due to the pending bankruptcy filing that is expected within the next 2 weeks. If you want any of these you might have to bite the bullet and buy them online or hope and pray that Walmart gets them. Not sure how this effects the Canadian TRU stores yet. Since the prices of the toys are so over priced here you might as well wait and buy the Takara versions.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #15
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Might is be better then, to purchase PotP figures in store at Wal-Mart or on Wal-Mart's website? Will there be any price differences?
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote