Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Predaking Inspired Toys Closing Thoughts

With so many toy offerings inspired by Predaking I close out my recent series by providing final thoughts about which versions fit best in different types of collections. Hopefully it helps some people who are still undecided make the choice that is best for them! Thanks for your time and support!
https://youtu.be/P0GDnt_GEYc
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Predaking Inspired Toys Closing Thoughts

With all due respect, I think all your videos should be posted in the Video Reviews sub-forum.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

I like your videos...well done!
MilanX3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:59 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
With all due respect, I think all your videos should be posted in the Video Reviews sub-forum.
I agree, but at times when a topic is general I have specifically been directed to the discussion forum. I different topics are meant to fit in in different locations? I dunno, I do what I'm told lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
I like your videos...well done!
Thanks, much appreciated.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Perhaps you could create a simple thread such as GotBots reviews and add your reviews to it instead of creating multiple ones. Just a thought
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Where will you continue this thread?..id like to open the discussion further about the figures on the video. I guess let us know where the threat will be located and we can have a constructive chat.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Perhaps you could create a simple thread such as GotBots reviews and add your reviews to it instead of creating multiple ones. Just a thought
I actually did do that before and it got absolutely buried, plus, I eventually learned that that isn't how reviewers typically post, except Thew, he does that. So, I followed the industry standard, which is to add a thread for a figured when reviewed and thereby be an active member on the boards, which I thought was the point of being part of the community (?). Admittedly, I do put the stop motion series episodes in one thread and maybe that could have worked in recent times for this particular Predaking series, hindsight being 20/20, but it would have had far less traction. I followed suit with how these combiners were presented and posted elsewhere by others, which was with a focus on each team member and then the combined mode. Maybe my bad for following the lead of others, I dunno, and maybe a bit of a strategic error for this series, and sorry for the inconvenience if it caused such to anyone. Admittedly too, I did push to get this particular series done before the Toy Fair reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpercy9 View Post
I agree, the page spamming by Gotbot is getting out of hand.
Huh? This one confuses me a lot. At most It has been 1 post a day lately because I have happened to cover a lot... 1 post. Usually, it is not even quite that prolific. It is simply a series of different figure reviews, no different than others when reviewed, just happened to be a lot to cover lately. Were it the same figure reviewed over and over, then yes, I would totally agree with you for sure. In recent times, it has been potp wave 1 as well as 2 Predaking combiners. I have just been productive lately in trying to get these done and presented timely was all. Sorry it offended you for whatever reason but part of being in the community is being active within it, is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Where will you continue this thread?..id like to open the discussion further about the figures on the video. I guess let us know where the threat will be located and we can have a constructive chat.
Nothing to continue from my position. I presented opening arguments as a whole, then a case for each team member over the course of two unique combiners, with references throughout to other offerings, and now closing thoughts. About the only thing to add will be at the titan class reveal, which will really just be an overall Toy Fair reaction. I would say a commentary about an individual Predacon figure/character is naturally best served in their particular focused video. A commentary about Predaking as a whole is best served here, since this is the end to that series. As I said in the videos, this is not a debate at all, Rex wins, we alĺ now it, this is just looking at the various options as of 2018 for various collecting tastes as one size isn't right for everyone, especially with the variation we have now in price and scaling.

Yikes! This really became a "thing" and I am truly sorry if I offended anyone, or mistakenly presented the individual reviews of the different figures inaccurately. I just plain did as review posts have always been done, which apparently this time was for right or wrong. Again, thanks for those who support and sorry to those this series bothered. Ironic as the goal was to give food for thought rather than raise anyone's ire. My bad and I'm big enough to afmit that an apologize.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I don't think you offended anyone (well not me anyway) and like I said earlier it was just a thought but that was only out of "fear" for lack of a better term of what might be coming based on what I have seen happen in the past, particularly in your specific threads.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #9
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I don't think you offended anyone (well not me anyway) and like I said earlier it was just a thought but that was only out of "fear" for lack of a better term of what might be coming based on what I have seen happen in the past, particularly in your specific threads.
I dunno why I in particular get so much flack. Too opinionated? Too productive? Who knows? I did consider one thread for this series but that would have led to one comment over and over, "Rex is king boring! We all know that. This wasn't about that debate. When he, Warlord and Ares came out, they were all about 500 US and the last 2 were not worth it. But, then we got the cheap oversized ko and that threw in a new wrinkle. Did he have a place to fit? And now, we don't have three 3p offerings at 500. We have one, since Ares and Warlord, as sets, are significantly cheaper now. Still, not everyone buys sets. So, with, say, War Hawk, it wasn't just is Warlord worth 120, but if War Hawk wasn't worth 59.99 is he worth 19.99? Is Ares worth considering at 229? Is Rex still worth his full value? And, who presents well as individual bots and who as combined mode? To my mind it was about the individual bots as much as the combined mode. So, I opted to try to keep things tidy by giving each case its own stage, its own post. Have a comment about Leo Dux? Comment there. Dislike Ironhead? Voice off there. So, there was a method to the madness. I think a lot of folks misunderstood what the point of the series was really. And/or they were still basing what I do now on my earlier work which, at times, was pretty bad. We all got room to grow and keep learning, especially me lol. Meh, I had good intenrions lol.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:38 AM   #10
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Really appreciate your hard work on this project...keep up the good work and fine contribution to the community and for collectors in general. Bravo friend!