Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #31
elburrito
Animated
Re: Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
He already is a Voyager...

You lost me on this.

Think that meant Blitz is too big.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #32
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

^^or Astrotrain and Octane are too small.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #33
Marcotron
Robot Master

I look at this toy as a challenge to see how close to properly transformed it can get in each mode without breaking it. But he does look wicked standing there on the shelf.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I look at this toy as a challenge to see how close to properly transformed it can get in each mode without breaking it. But he does look wicked standing there on the shelf.
Breaking it? Other than flipping the turret (which absolutely frightens me every time I do it), I didn't think there were that many potential failure points. Care to elaborate?

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
Commandoclone87
Seeker

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being Terrible and 10 being Awesome), I would place Blitzwing roughly around a 5-6.

His transformation is relatively complex and fun and while some people take issues with the alt modes, I find that they are very reminiscient of the Generation 1 Blitzwing.

What keeps me from ranking it higher though, is that i find the head is too gimmicky and the extra mass to accomodate said gimmick interferes with transformation. Also the well noted design flaws are proof that maybe somebody should be testing the prototypes more extensively to ensure that everything fits.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

I agree the head is the worst part on mine. I can not keep it pushed down and his head pushes on the nose cone.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusmaxmus View Post
I agree the head is the worst part on mine. I can not keep it pushed down and his head pushes on the nose cone.
I had the same issue until I carved out a small bit from the inside of the nose cone and trimmed the two tabs on the side off.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #38
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
^^or Astrotrain and Octane are too small.
Exactly.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #39
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

soooo... anyone got those SXS head/gun replacement that came along the shoulder lock pieces? How are they?

I like Blitzwing... he's not perfect... but he's ok... a solid... 6/10... I dont have a problem with the shoulder since he just stands there on my shelf among others of my collection... but if anything can make him into a 7 or even an 8... no 8 would be reprolabels... well in any case the SXS fix/replacement pieces looks.... intriguing to say the least...

Last edited by Slave; 10-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
Vakamadisk
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
. . . The shoulder issue is obviously huge. I feel like he's going to snap so easily everytime things move while trying to pose the arms. I feel like if you gave that to a kid who PLAYED with it, he'd break in minutes. I think it's fair to say from a play standpoint, he's a 'bad' toy . . .
Generations is a line of kids' toys designed for adult collectors . . . Hmmmm--it appears a conundrum has arisen, as those two factors seem to cancel each other out. I can now conclude that Generations is an anomaly that will result in the creation of a black hole that will lead to the Classic destruction of our Universe theory coming true.

Oops I seem to have gone off track. Ummm I like Blitzwing. I think both alt modes look different enough from each other, they hold together securely, and they're tons of fun. The robot mode is cool with a G1-inspired look and an Animated-inspired face-swapping gimmick.

There is the issue of paint inside the helmet hardening, making the face-swapping difficult, though. For that, Just try flipping the faces either up or down by placing a nail under or over the chin, nose or other such groove.

Oh! And there's the infamous shoulder problem. It hasn't bothered me too much. I just place my thumb on top of the purple shoulder piece when I want to move an arm upwards. Downwards, however, is easy as the shoulder has no reason to come unhooked like a bra.

In my opinion, this toy is definitely worth adding to the collection. I'm not sure if this goes for the rest of Canada, but in my area Blitzwing is easy to find in stores, as he has been deemed the Shelfwarmer of the Generations Voyagers so far.

Last edited by Vakamadisk; 10-25-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Vakamadisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blitzwing, fezaid, generations