Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: BlockBuster West Saint John ( Controlled Shut Down )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I just came back from a blockbuster, yeah nothing really that great or spectacular there *Sigh*
Same here.

The clearance prices weren't any better than a used DVD store like "The Beat Goes On".

I was shocked to see people walk out with STACKS of DVDs. The prices weren't good enough to warrant stacks of DVDs like that.

Plus, they didn't really have any films that are hard to find/cult/Out of Print.

I might swing by again when they do their final blow out, maybe to grab a few newer films I haven't seen yet.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #22
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

People were leaving here with armloads of PS3 / 360 stuff and Bluray.. If they thought it was a deal, then they were the 'Never shops around' crowd..

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I've seen better deals at EBgames, Walmart or Zellers.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #24
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Same here.

The clearance prices weren't any better than a used DVD store like "The Beat Goes On".

I was shocked to see people walk out with STACKS of DVDs. The prices weren't good enough to warrant stacks of DVDs like that.

Plus, they didn't really have any films that are hard to find/cult/Out of Print.

I might swing by again when they do their final blow out, maybe to grab a few newer films I haven't seen yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
People were leaving here with armloads of PS3 / 360 stuff and Bluray.. If they thought it was a deal, then they were the 'Never shops around' crowd..
I don't get it either...I mean don't those people know there'll probably be better prices come boxing day?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
Yah, that's the same clientele for which Maxi prices their deluxe Transformers at $26.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #26
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Yah, that's the same clientele for which Maxi prices their deluxe Transformers at $26.
26$? And here I thought ToysToysToys were bad!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

BB is in receivership right now, it sucks because my cousin just became manager of the local BB just before the US went belly up... they were all told that they were separate from the US BB and that they were ok. when BB is gone there will be nowhere to rent games except microplay and they are gonna jack up their prices for damn sure.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #28
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I haven't rented there in over 9 years. I rented 3 games for 7 days for 8.99 (a sale that week). I returned them on the way home from work at 11:54 pm... I could see the clock inside. The next time I went to rent some games they said I owed them $26 and change for a full rental price of each game
( even though I paid 8.99 for the 3 games) because they were late. I told them that I returned them before 12 , that they cleaned out the bin early because there were no other movies or games in the box when I dropped mine in. I was told that it was a possible but I still have to pay them...which I refused and left. I got a collections letter the next week.
I brought it to the store and told the manager I am not paying because they screwed up and to go F$%K themselves, ripped up the letter in front of them and left.
2 more letters followed that month. I never paid them and that was from 2002. They should have treated their customers better...
maybe we would have rented from them. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I used to rent 3 movies a week and a few games too.
we started to go to rogers video...until they raised their prices to 5.99 for a nightly rental plus a fee (2.99 more) to keep it for 3 days, what a great deal *sarcastic tone sarcastic tone*
A buddy at work introduced me to torrents , and if its a good movie I go to Walmartto buy it.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 05-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #29
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

If you like torrents and tv shows, check out EZTV.it but its down at the moment with maintance.

Its a shame but mininova was the shit back in the day. all we really have is Isohunt and pirate bay.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #30
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I'll be going back to gameaccess.ca when I get time to dig back into game rentals again. I still need to finish a few things first.

With BB it wasn't bad to drive down and swap titles. But, having to mail stuff with gameaccess, I will wait till I'm all caught up before giving them another go..

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote