Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-09-2023, 01:59 PM   #61
RansakWORK
Beast Machine
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

I liked it and hated it at the same time... i wanted to hate it through and through but seeing the transformers just hits the feels for me, especially the beasts.

The writing is terrible, the sacrifice at the beginning is pointless and I thought most of the human characters were knob BUT i didnt feel like i wasted my money oddly..
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:14 PM   #62
LarrySeinfeld
Generation 1

I enjoyed it during the early access screening we had on Wednesday. It was good fun and much better than Bay's films, but not as good as Bumblebee.

I do think the movie was cut down to have a shorter runtime because the pacing was a little fast. Also, not a fan of the twist ending. Other than that, my issues with the film were minor and sprinkled throughout (Rhinox deserved more and some actual lines...).

So overall, decent fun and def worth checking out for Transformers/Beast Wars fans. I'll admit, our movie standards for Transformers have been set pretty low, thanks Bay, so judging as a movie on it's own it's kinda mediocre.
LarrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:42 PM   #63
Robbler
Machine War

Does Bumblebee still not talk?
Old 06-09-2023, 11:09 PM   #64
Malechai
Machine War

yes, no voice of his own
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:37 PM   #65
Jonnydark
Beast Machine

I basically had no problems with it. It was culturally sensitive, even to the point of showing different robot alien cultures. It also made logical sense for the most part. I never thought the screenwriter made someone do something out of character just to serve the plot. Characters react off of each other in consistent ways.

I said to someone it feels like an average Marvel movie and that means its a phenomenal transformers movie.

Still i would love to get more critics on board. If i entered my fantasy land and was given the keys to write a transformer film i would try and tackle some deep existential problem we all face. I suppose this film did do that with its addressing or at least acknowledging systemic and overt racism.

But i feel like... Do Transformers deal with racism? If they do, i would have liked to see that explored. I guess i just feel like... The fun of transformers is seeing we are all alike even if we're from another planet. This film did an admirable job of showing that similarity. But i feel like the repeating paterns of alien robot problems paralelling human psyche problems could have gone deeper. They were brave to go as deep as they did... But part of me just hungers for them to go all in and really tell a proper fully functional 5 act structure emotional story. They got 90% there with this but you only get critics on board when you hit 100% of whats possible with story.

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:10 PM   #66
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Meh and bored were my two reactions. 5/10
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:39 AM   #67
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I liked it more than BB movie, and I actually genuinely laughed at one scene. I wasn't annoyed by the human characters, which is a nice for a change. I do wish one particular character stayed dead, but overall enjoyable robot action. Lastly, I'm excited on what's to come next
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 12:51 PM   #68
optimusb39
Animated

All I'm interested in out of this movie is a wave of 3rd and 4th party mps in the coming months or years to add new character designs to my shelf. Hasbros rehash designs and unimagined engineering is really letting me down and the toy shelf (yes, a single shelf with about 6 figures) in any Walmart or tru is a pathetic excuse for a franchise production. I can find more tf variety at value village.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 04:50 PM   #69
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
... I can find more tf variety at value village.
Clearly I need to visit Ste. Catherine's VVs!

And the movie was... OK. Which means fantastic for a TF movie. After watching it, I couldn't immediately see 3 glaring plot holes, which is a big step up from some previous efforts.

But everything (story) still relies on the human characters, which is too bad. I recognize that studios insist that the audience would never relate to TFs without the focus being the humans (maybe they are right?), but a character arc for ONE of them could be good? But maybe hoping for a character arc in a TF movie is asking a lot.

Bottom line: giant transforming robots, stuff exploded, good guys win. Summer popcorn movie.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:42 PM   #70
MikeWade23
Generation 1

Rise of the beasts or rise of the humans? F outta here with the human storyline, it was trash and i couldn’t care less. I just wanted them to get back to the Transformers asap. The Terrorcons were pretty cool and the Autobots too. But what a letdown on the Maximal side, I’m so sad cause i grew up on Beast Wars. Primal was great, but Cheetor, Rhinox and Airazor were treated like background characters. Barely saw them in robot mode, sheesh. Rise of the beasts they said, smh. 6/10 and that’s only thanks to the battles.
MikeWade23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotb