Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #111
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
Re: MP-36 Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
All this wait to save what, $10-15? I don't think it's worth it.
Good Luck finding one for just $10-$15 more than what these guys paid

I pre-ordered mine from NY when it first went up, it shipped out April 1st via SAL and it arrived in 13 days. I hope the guys waiting on here get theirs soon, he is well worth the wait either way.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #112
NeoMatter
Generation 1

I don't think Canada Post will start tracking the parcel until they physically received it (ie handed over by Japan Post) and entered into their system. At this point I think it's still enroute from Japan for those that don't see it in Canada Post tracking yet.

Quote:
So, who has MP-36 Megatron in stock in Canada?
I don't think there's any Canadian retailer that will have stock left from the POs at this point. Probably have to wait for a reissue. Considering how popular this is, it's more than likely it will get one.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #113
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post

I pre-ordered mine from NY when it first went up, it shipped out April 1st via SAL and it arrived in 13 days. I hope the guys waiting on here get theirs soon, he is well worth the wait either way.
Da fuq? NY shipped mine April 2 via SAL and I still don't have it....

Just created a ticket with NY.

Last edited by Dangard Ace; 04-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:46 PM   #114
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

that's the issue with SAL, it can be less than 2 weeks, but it could also be more than 4-5 weeks as well, just gotta wait for it. it's probably sitting in the customs to be processed.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:43 PM   #115
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
No, the people who bought it only saved $10-15 on THEIR purchase. What I will pay for mine is irrelevant.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #116
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
No, the people who bought it only saved $10-15 on THEIR purchase. What I will pay for mine is irrelevant.
Says the guy who is looking for one in Canada for a good price, right ? Just saying that no matter what amount of time, within reason, that these guys who pre-ordered theirs for a good price have to wait, is worth more than the frustration of trying to find one now for less than $100-$150 more than what they paid. 4 weeks wait is nothing out of the ordinary, guys. I'm sure your orders will show up soon. BTW, NY pre-order price was around $240 CDN shipped on average. Typical price elsewhere was $350-$400 CDN. Comparing the two gives a LOT more than $10-$15 savings on their purchase.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #117
Ned1701
Armada
Ned1701's Ebay Auctions

Shipping Time is secondary to me just want to be sure I am actually getting it at this point. I wanted to get Megatron from an overseas seller so there is no orange plug inserted or customs issues. The cheaper price from NY or amiami is a nice bonus as well.
Ned1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #118
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Says the guy who is looking for one in Canada for a good price, right ? Just saying that no matter what amount of time, within reason, that these guys who pre-ordered theirs for a good price have to wait, is worth more than the frustration of trying to find one now for less than $100-$150 more than what they paid. 4 weeks wait is nothing out of the ordinary, guys. I'm sure your orders will show up soon. BTW, NY pre-order price was around $240 CDN shipped on average. Typical price elsewhere was $350-$400 CDN. Comparing the two gives a LOT more than $10-$15 savings on their purchase.
I just found one for $325 and I'm perfectly okay with it since I only had to sell a lot of old hockey cards I didn't care about to raise the money. And I still have 200$ left.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #119
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
I just found one for $325 and I'm perfectly okay with it...
I'm with Pascal on this one.

Even from the various site sponsors (though sold-out now, you could have pre-ordered):
A3U : $314 CAD plus shipping
Automaton: $300 CAD plus shipping & tax (this might have been less on a pre-order)
TFToys.ca: $300 CAD plus shipping & tax
Kool Toyz: $290 CAD plus shipping & tax
Toy Trove: $270 CAD plus shipping & tax

I'm not sure what the cost is for ordering direct from Japan retailers might be, but for me, if it's less than a 10% ($30, in this case) difference, then I'd likely rather save myself the stress and headache of: Wondering if my item was shipped; Treatment & delay at Customs; and, Uncertainty of an imposed customs fee.

But, that's me. I wish I could be willing to do more legwork and save money like some of you, but the uncertainty and stress, to me, is not worth the 10% or so in savings. Fortunately, I am somewhat local to The Toy Trove, so I get to save on the extra shipping fees there.

Side note: Personally, I think that Apollyon (robot) looks more Masterpiece-like than the official MP-36. MP-36's dull grey seems more toy-like. I do prefer Apollyon's silver paint. Maybe Takara-Tomy is just not great with the greys... Even MP-Starscream seems toy-like. And Prime... I think the thighs would have been better they looked like the grey on cab stripes or face plate. Ironhide is opretty decent though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #120
Ned1701
Armada
Ned1701's Ebay Auctions

Not like it really matters bu every other order that I have placed with NY or HLJ has been fine. Megatron cost most people around 240 Canadian shipped with no taxes. I have yet to be hit by customs fees. So its not just saving 10% you end up saving about 80$ in this case with the original pre order. It wont really matter in the end if the package is lost.

BTW for anyone waiting on NY shipment I used this link to contact them.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/contact...nguage=English
Ned1701 is offline   Reply With Quote