Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #31
NeoMatter
Generation 1
Re: Official Masterpiece Megatron pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
I sent an email to HLJ to know if they will include the plug for Canadian purchases.
I thought the plug only mattered for those in the US?
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #32
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatter View Post
I thought the plug only mattered for those in the US?
You are right, but some people, down at TFW2005, were implying that HLJ would put a plug regardless. Their answer just came in: "The items we sell are as they come from the manufacturer; we will not open and alter the item before shipping.".
I am happy!
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:04 AM   #33
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise

A quick aside, between AmiAmi and HLJ, which would you guys recommend going with for purchasing MP-36 (and perhaps the other Decepticon MP reissues in the same order). AmiAmi seems to be slightly cheaper up front but I'm not familiar with either's shipping.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:48 AM   #34
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spidey Boy View Post
A quick aside, between AmiAmi and HLJ, which would you guys recommend going with for purchasing MP-36 (and perhaps the other Decepticon MP reissues in the same order). AmiAmi seems to be slightly cheaper up front but I'm not familiar with either's shipping.

I've only dealt with HLJ as they have a private warehouse that can hold items up to 60 days. Once items are in your private warehouse, you can choose if you want it all shipped or select certain items to be shipped. HLJ will declare the exact values of the products being shipped and they will have their logos tattooed over the shipping box. Which might flag customs if you go SAL or EMS. You will always get charged duties/taxes using FedEx. Depending on what's being shipped and its value, HLJ may also restrict shipping method to either EMS or FedEx at times (no SAL).

Regarding Preoders, HLJ allows you to cancel them at any time. However, their terms state they will ban you from using their services if you cancel orders frequently and often. AmiAmi, however, states that they do not accept any order cancellations once placed.

I just placed an order with AmiAmi recently, so will see how my experience with them will be. Not sure what the shipping costs will be until the items are ready to be shipped.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:59 AM   #35
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I shop with both AA and HLJ depending on the products and price. Both are excellent etailers.

As for getting dinged duty and tax. It's totally random. I've only been dinged once for MP-13 from HLJ but it was still cheaper than buying locally. I always ship expensive items separately.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:08 AM   #36
elburrito
Animated

AmiAmi and HLJ are cream of the crop Japanese e-tailers. Then Hobby Search and Anime Export and the shady cousin Nippon Yasan

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #37
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I went with the shady cousin NY
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #38
bishop
Generation 2

I recommend HLJ, but Amiami is also very good. HLJ is a bit easier on the communication isde. I guess HLJ is a safe choice in case you have to return/claim a defective item.
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #39
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
AmiAmi and HLJ are cream of the crop Japanese e-tailers. Then Hobby Search and Anime Export and the shady cousin Nippon Yasan
NY is definitely shady. They used be alright but then they decide to fuck it all. Their shipping rates are some 30-50% more than what other Japanese e-tailers charge (which is based off Japan Post shipping rates). And they jacked up selling prices like 2 or 3 times the MSRP once a products are in stock.

They also declared items at only 100 yen so if shit happens then you can't claim insurance against them or Japan Post. Their customer service is also rude and they have for many times down right lied about the size and weight of a product to justify their jacked up shipping rates. I've also read many comments regarding them refusing refund or exchange for defective or damaged products and deleted your account with them...
Old 11-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #40
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for the great responses, guys! Your insights are much appreciated.

Now as for the images of MP-36 itself.. I'm fascinated by it's transformation and it seems to use a few ideas that weren't seen in any previous MP/3PMP Megatron attempts.

Comparing the visual aesthetics of the robot mode, I find that there are certain qualities of the three 3P that I like more. I wish they didn't go with the cartoon Decepticon insignia and the grey paint is a departure from what we've been offered before.

The stock flightstand is rather clever and the damaged face+chest and the underneath face are nice touches.

All of that being said I think overall I prefer the official MP-36 so far.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote