Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #11
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Have I been toy swapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
The box looks like the North America retail box with some stickers to add Japanese words to the box. Is that expected? I thought Takara would produce local packaging.

I just emailed Luna Park and asked them to ship me a new one that is verified as factory sealed. Any further thoughts or suggestions from the community?
I know other aspects have been resolved, but I wanted to say, I can confirm myself (having received Elita-1, Bumblebee and Soundwave from Japan) that Japanese releases now are just the Hasbro releases with stickers applied to the box. Sometimes they are massive stickers. These three toys that I received had form-fitting stickers that covered the entire bottom (UPC and safety), part of the front (name of character) and half of the back, all to add Japanese language versions of necessary aspects (safety, copyright, UPC, etc.). It's really quite funky.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #12
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Hey, I would love to be able to have as many I would need of everything MP class so I can show all modes, and 1 MISB, but, c'mon... lol
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Double taping can cause a confusion and concern, but it's not uncommon on legit, untainted toys. I've had it on MP boxes where there was zero time and zero probability for a swap to happen. And I've seen it on retail toys, where I can see inside and know that everything was inside.

For example, with the WM re-issue of the Optimus cab, I saw a large batch of them on the shelf where they were all double tapped.

I wonder if there isn't some sort of inspection of contents happening along the supply chain, maybe by customs or something like that.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:23 PM   #14
BeeTrain
Beasty

The updates I got covered 2 reasons - 1) Translating the internal documentation (in my case, stickers were added to the instructions to add Japanese language) and 2) random QC checks.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote