Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #21
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanato View Post
looks like a happy meal or dollarama quality crap, good thing I got the MP KO of this set which looks completely legit.
This looks NOTHING like a happy meal toy.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #22
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I guess the price makes sense now that I think about it. $15 for the core class figures (which is laughable). So 2 for $27 makes sense. Still not buying them. The core class figures have been kind of mediocre for their pricepoint (Prime can't even hold his gun properly).

I just bought the Jinbao Legends Optimus Prime for $40 on Ebay and that thing is impressive. Comes with a trailer and pretty much everything MP-10 came with. He's also fairly tall too (just about or exactly 5 inches tall). I ended up getting the Jinbao Megatron too (only $28).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #23
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I guess the price makes sense now that I think about it. $15 for the core class figures (which is laughable). So 2 for $27 makes sense. Still not buying them. The core class figures have been kind of mediocre for their pricepoint (Prime can't even hold his gun properly).

I just bought the Jinbao Legends Optimus Prime for $40 on Ebay and that thing is impressive. Comes with a trailer and pretty much everything MP-10 came with. He's also fairly tall too (just about or exactly 5 inches tall). I ended up getting the Jinbao Megatron too (only $28).

Considering Spike a core class figure seems incredibly generous. He doesn't even transform properly (it's apparently just one flap that gets moved and then you lay him on his chest and you're "done") and only has arm articulation, no leg movement.

He's kind of like the equivalent of the empty armor piece from the PotP prime masters
Old 03-31-2021, 02:51 AM   #24
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Considering Spike a core class figure seems incredibly generous. He doesn't even transform properly (it's apparently just one flap that gets moved and then you lay him on his chest and you're "done") and only has arm articulation, no leg movement.

He's kind of like the equivalent of the empty armor piece from the PotP prime masters
Hence none of the current Core class figures are worth their current prices.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:39 PM   #25
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Rattrap is worth it. Amazing toy with fun transformation and great articulation. You get as much satisfaction from him as you do a deluxe class figure for half the price.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:58 PM   #26
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

i didn't bother with core class until TRU sale, rattrap and vertebreak were suprisingly good. optimus prime was okay too.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:20 PM   #27
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:

Actual core bots aren't bad. They're surprisingly fun packed into tiny little packages. Rattrap is great and Optimus is a solid reproduction of a full-sized Optimus in a tiny package (if only he could hold his gun properly.) Megatron and Starscream look fun too.

Vertebreak looks cool in dino mode and maybe suffers a bit from a muddy palette in robot mode, putting him a step below the others for me.

The core bots so far are a couple notches above the previous line's minis (micro/battle/powermasters). Honestly they're about as hit/miss as Legends class figures were.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:37 PM   #28
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
(if only he could hold his gun properly.)

What do you mean? You mean because of the extra nub so deluxe figures can hold it or because you can't get the gun in his hand? The gun will fit you just need to press it in pretty hard the first couple times.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:31 PM   #29
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
What do you mean? You mean because of the extra nub so deluxe figures can hold it or because you can't get the gun in his hand? The gun will fit you just need to press it in pretty hard the first couple times.

the wider nub for deluxe figures. I have no reason for a deluxe bot (or bigger) to hold what would be a long-barrel handgun sized version of Optimus' rifle, so I don't like that it's the reason that Optimus holds his own gun with a giant piece of the grip sticking out above his hand like he's just barely grasping onto the bottom of it nowhere near where the trigger would be. it's worse because Optimus is the only one it's done with. Rattrap's gun and Vertebreak's tail sword aren't given that two-tier peg to accommodate bigger figures using them.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:31 PM   #30
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Quote:
Actual core bots aren't bad. They're surprisingly fun packed into tiny little packages. Rattrap is great and Optimus is a solid reproduction of a full-sized Optimus in a tiny package (if only he could hold his gun properly.) Megatron and Starscream look fun too.

Vertebreak looks cool in dino mode and maybe suffers a bit from a muddy palette in robot mode, putting him a step below the others for me.

The core bots so far are a couple notches above the previous line's minis (micro/battle/powermasters). Honestly they're about as hit/miss as Legends class figures were.
Quote:
the wider nub for deluxe figures. I have no reason for a deluxe bot (or bigger) to hold what would be a long-barrel handgun sized version of Optimus' rifle, so I don't like that it's the reason that Optimus holds his own gun with a giant piece of the grip sticking out above his hand like he's just barely grasping onto the bottom of it nowhere near where the trigger would be. it's worse because Optimus is the only one it's done with. Rattrap's gun and Vertebreak's tail sword aren't given that two-tier peg to accommodate bigger figures using them.
The gun barely sits in the hand properly (it's floating and looks goofy). I bought Prime, Megs and Starscream and returned all 3. They're ok, but at $15 a pop, none of them are worth it (maybe except for Rattrap). $10-$12 maybe, but not $15. Definitely just my take, if you like them, totally go for it.